What should I see in Gen VI:
*Dual-type starter Pokemon throughout evolutions (so far we have only Bulbasaur since Generation I)
*Two villainous teams in one region, with one of these two groups' leaders befriend the player (they could ask the player to join them and fight another team of the same region (same as gangfights), but players can refuse their invitation).
*Poison-type legendaries (whatever pure Poison-type or not)
*Dark-type gym leader.
*More legendaries but lesser Dragon-type ones.
*New Pokemon + cross-gen evos.
*New formes for previous-gen Pokemon.
*Revised egg group systems (current systems appeared to have problem. For example, Oshawott cannot breed with other Water starters of previous generations excluding Piplup.), or Tri-types (not necessary).
*Docks instead of Game Corner (provides better way to complete Pokedex, instead of allow players involve in Gambling).
*No Normal/Flying-types, but pure Flying-types instead.
*Revised weather cycles.
What should Gen VI bring back:
*Old and Good rods.
*Walking Pokemon (we have seen many in anime and manga, but not in games).
Rampardos is a Pachycephalosaur, not a t-rex.
Originally Posted by Linkara
I want to see the intro have more random wild Pokemon in it, like some of the ones from the first three gens. The newer ones have focused mostly on the "prominent" Pokemon- starters, legends and the like.
I also want to see a few more emoticons added to GTS negotiations. Like, an angry face, an embarrassed face, a confused face/question mark and a thumbs up. Completely minor and pointless, but something I'd like to see anyway. (Of course, they might just completely redo the GTS and replace Negotiations...)
Random thoughts on what "legendaries" there could be depending on what sort of region it is:
A "British Isles" region:
-A time-travelling Pokemon- somewhat similar to Celebi but looking a bit more like a Chibi-Human than a forest sprite- that has 11 evolutionary stages, with the possibility that up to two more could be added in the future. An interesting thing about the Pokemon will be that it won't evolve when it reaches a certain level, but rather will evolve to the next stage after they've fainted in battle after they've reached a certain level. Oh, and the eleventh stage has a bow tie. Because bow ties are cool.
-Arthurian legends: A female pokemon found in a lake, a Psychic found underneath the trunk of a tree, a steel legendary found in a stone...
-A Grass/Dark Pokemon based off of Robin Hood.
A Los Angeles region:
-Legendaries based off of famous movie monsters, so we'd have a Pokemon version of the Frankenstein monster, Wolfman, Creature of the Black Lagoon, etc.
-Those legendaries would be said to be at war with legendaries based off of more comedic fare. There could be a legendary duo that is vaguely like Abbott and Costello, for example, or a Three Stooges trio.
-An angel pokemon- perhaps of a new type called "Light" (as opposed to Dark)- would be a no-brainer.
An Australia region:
-A Thylacline-like legendary would make good sense. It'd be more of a sciencey legendary along the lines of Mewtwo, Genesect and Deoxys than the more mythological types.
well let's see...
- Customizable PCs, or at least a wider variety of PCs/trainer classes. We have Boy/Girl down, why not go a tad further and have hero(ine)s who are dark skinned? Even if the skin tone isn't an option, and both heroines are just non-white, it would be refreshing! ...and a step HUGE forward from the only colored people in the games being Dancers and Hoopsters. I mean, really?
- I'd like to see the battle system overhauled in a way that makes it more responsive and requires more active involvement on the player's part. Something like having to aim attacks manually or press a button with certain timing to land hits or basically anything that would make it less static. Buuut then again, something as ambitious as that would take several generations to develop into anything enjoyable SO there's that
- DUAL-TYPE ATTACKS. For instance, Thunderpunch being both Electric AND fighting, Steel Wing being Steel/Flying, Muddy Water being Water/Ground, etc. The past few gens have been doing a good job of adding more unique typings for pokemon, but now I feel like it's getting to a point where the current single-type attack system is becoming obsolete?
- An outlet to pursue alternatives to pokemon training, such as breeding, researching, etc. I mean, for gen 6 they could only be minor sidequests, but it would be interesting to see pan out in future gens
- I'd like to see more ghost types. Because quite frankly, I think the 4th and 5th gen additions were just... really lame.
- A more dynamic storyline. A more complex storyline. Something a little thicker than "young hero thwarts evil organization hell-bent on world domination by discovering the power of the bond between people and pokemon!!"
- I want the Vs. Seeker back.
-... and the ability to purchase evolution stones back
I think that about covers it.
Dual type attacks would make the game ridiculously complicated, Pokemon is supposed to be a simple game becuase it's for kids. It would be ridiculously confusing. I think single type attacks are fine.
I personally think they should have named it Air or Wind instead to make it more like an element (Fire, Water, Rock, Electric...), eliminating the need of having the Normal-type slapped onto every single one of them since Wind/Air is already enough. It would make the Pokemon more associated with the sky/wind element/air/clouds etc instead of just simply having wings. Flying-type creates winds and slashes made of air just as Fire-types creates and summons fire, so I think it only makes sense.
I think renaming it Wind/Air would also make Tornadus more like a TRUE wind god/kami, which it is based on. Being a pure "Flying"-type looks rather silly in my eyes.
Team Magma, Pokemon Pincher and Team Plasma member all at once and proud!
I love Oblivia, and more importantly, UKULELE PICHU!