Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3563

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL. Branellope's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Branellope On Twitter Add Branellope on Facebook
    Follow Branellope on Tumblr Visit Branellope's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by LDEJRuff View Post
    Three new fossil Pokémon: a Rock/Steel-type saber-toothed tiger Pokémon revived from a Saber Fossil, a Rock/Ice-type mammoth/mastidon Pokémon revived from a Tusk Fossil, and a Rock/Dark-type Tyrannosaurus Rex Pokémon revived from a Fang Fossil.

Check this wicked Pokémon battle AND this EPIC PR video.

I claimed Noivern omg <3

"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" -Serebii

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

What should I see in Gen VI:
    *Dual-type starter Pokemon throughout evolutions (so far we have only Bulbasaur since Generation I)
    *Two villainous teams in one region, with one of these two groups' leaders befriend the player (they could ask the player to join them and fight another team of the same region (same as gangfights), but players can refuse their invitation).
    *Poison-type legendaries (whatever pure Poison-type or not)
    *Dark-type gym leader.
    *More legendaries but lesser Dragon-type ones.
    *New Pokemon + cross-gen evos.
    *New formes for previous-gen Pokemon.
    *Revised egg group systems (current systems appeared to have problem. For example, Oshawott cannot breed with other Water starters of previous generations excluding Piplup.), or Tri-types (not necessary).
    *Docks instead of Game Corner (provides better way to complete Pokedex, instead of allow players involve in Gambling).
    *No Normal/Flying-types, but pure Flying-types instead.
    *Revised weather cycles.

What should Gen VI bring back:
    *Cycling road.
    *Old and Good rods.
    *Safari Zone.
    *Walking Pokemon (we have seen many in anime and manga, but not in games).

Quote Originally Posted by skaraflame View Post
    Three new fossil Pokémon: a Rock/Steel-type saber-toothed tiger Pokémon revived from a Saber Fossil, a Rock/Ice-type mammoth/mastidon Pokémon revived from a Tusk Fossil, and a Rock/Dark-type Tyrannosaurus Rex Pokémon revived from a Fang Fossil.
    You seem to be under the impression that Pokemon has never had more than one critter based off the same animal before. And Rampardos is a Pachycephalosaur, not a t-rex.

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Samshi View Post
    Allow the PAL/European/Australian region to have the metric system and Celsius scale.

This has annoyed me since the beginning of time and it's ridiculous. Why should we metric/Celsius users have to use the imperial system/Fahrenheit scale? When they translate the games into French/German/etc why can't they include the metric system/Celsius scale back from the Japanese games, too?

Or maybe they can just have both systems/scales from the start and then one can choose as they like?
    That some immigrants or just weird for instance I hate the metric system (because it is all based on meter which would make sense if not for the sense that the meter isn't something found in the natural world it is just random distance some dead guys made up) but I love celius (because it is directly based on something in the real world that we deal with everyday: water)
    Nyanners is love. Nyanners is life.

I want to see the intro have more random wild Pokemon in it, like some of the ones from the first three gens. The newer ones have focused mostly on the "prominent" Pokemon- starters, legends and the like.

I also want to see a few more emoticons added to GTS negotiations. Like, an angry face, an embarrassed face, a confused face/question mark and a thumbs up. Completely minor and pointless, but something I'd like to see anyway. (Of course, they might just completely redo the GTS and replace Negotiations...)

Random thoughts on what "legendaries" there could be depending on what sort of region it is:

A "British Isles" region:
    -A time-travelling Pokemon- somewhat similar to Celebi but looking a bit more like a Chibi-Human than a forest sprite- that has 11 evolutionary stages, with the possibility that up to two more could be added in the future. An interesting thing about the Pokemon will be that it won't evolve when it reaches a certain level, but rather will evolve to the next stage after they've fainted in battle after they've reached a certain level. Oh, and the eleventh stage has a bow tie. Because bow ties are cool.
    -Arthurian legends: A female pokemon found in a lake, a Psychic found underneath the trunk of a tree, a steel legendary found in a stone...
    -A Grass/Dark Pokemon based off of Robin Hood.

A Los Angeles region:
    -Legendaries based off of famous movie monsters, so we'd have a Pokemon version of the Frankenstein monster, Wolfman, Creature of the Black Lagoon, etc.
    -Those legendaries would be said to be at war with legendaries based off of more comedic fare. There could be a legendary duo that is vaguely like Abbott and Costello, for example, or a Three Stooges trio.
    -An angel pokemon- perhaps of a new type called "Light" (as opposed to Dark)- would be a no-brainer.

An Australia region:
    -A Thylacline-like legendary would make good sense. It'd be more of a sciencey legendary along the lines of Mewtwo, Genesect and Deoxys than the more mythological types.
    -Bunyip.

Follow Ekachu on Tumblr

well let's see...

- Customizable PCs, or at least a wider variety of PCs/trainer classes. We have Boy/Girl down, why not go a tad further and have hero(ine)s who are dark skinned? Even if the skin tone isn't an option, and both heroines are just non-white, it would be refreshing! ...and a step HUGE forward from the only colored people in the games being Dancers and Hoopsters. I mean, really?

- I'd like to see the battle system overhauled in a way that makes it more responsive and requires more active involvement on the player's part. Something like having to aim attacks manually or press a button with certain timing to land hits or basically anything that would make it less static. Buuut then again, something as ambitious as that would take several generations to develop into anything enjoyable SO there's that

- DUAL-TYPE ATTACKS. For instance, Thunderpunch being both Electric AND fighting, Steel Wing being Steel/Flying, Muddy Water being Water/Ground, etc. The past few gens have been doing a good job of adding more unique typings for pokemon, but now I feel like it's getting to a point where the current single-type attack system is becoming obsolete?

- An outlet to pursue alternatives to pokemon training, such as breeding, researching, etc. I mean, for gen 6 they could only be minor sidequests, but it would be interesting to see pan out in future gens

- I'd like to see more ghost types. Because quite frankly, I think the 4th and 5th gen additions were just... really lame.

- A more dynamic storyline. A more complex storyline. Something a little thicker than "young hero thwarts evil organization hell-bent on world domination by discovering the power of the bond between people and pokemon!!"

- I want the Vs. Seeker back.

-... and the ability to purchase evolution stones back

I think that about covers it.

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Dual type attacks would make the game ridiculously complicated, Pokemon is supposed to be a simple game becuase it's for kids. It would be ridiculously confusing. I think single type attacks are fine.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Follow Ekachu on Tumblr

Well yeah, it might make it more complicated, but I think it could be developed in a way that wouldn't be super overwhelming. Nothing like x8 or x16 multipliers. Just a sort of reversal of the x4 multipliers that already exist, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Shadow Minun View Post
    *Dual-type starter Pokemon throughout evolutions (so far we have only Bulbasaur since Generation I)
    *Two villainous teams in one region, with one of these two groups' leaders befriend the player (they could ask the player to join them and fight another team of the same region (same as gangfights), but players can refuse their invitation).
    *Dark-type gym leader.
    *Revised egg group systems (current systems appeared to have problem. For example, Oshawott cannot breed with other Water starters of previous generations excluding Piplup.), or Tri-types (not necessary).
    *Docks instead of Game Corner (provides better way to complete Pokedex, instead of allow players involve in Gambling).
    *Revised weather cycles.
    This is something they should've done from the START. I dislike how this type is treated in overall - it just states the Pokemon has the ability to fly (and/or to describe that it is a bird).

I personally think they should have named it Air or Wind instead to make it more like an element (Fire, Water, Rock, Electric...), eliminating the need of having the Normal-type slapped onto every single one of them since Wind/Air is already enough. It would make the Pokemon more associated with the sky/wind element/air/clouds etc instead of just simply having wings. Flying-type creates winds and slashes made of air just as Fire-types creates and summons fire, so I think it only makes sense.

I think renaming it Wind/Air would also make Tornadus more like a TRUE wind god/kami, which it is based on. Being a pure "Flying"-type looks rather silly in my eyes.

SPLATOOOOOOOOOOOON!!! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I want the UK version of the game to actually be localised for the UK audience. That means the use of UK English as opposed to US English and other such details like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Samshi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Shadow Minun View Post
    *Dark-type gym leader.
    *Revised weather cycles.
    This is something they should've done from the START. I dislike how this type is treated in overall - it just states the Pokemon has the ability to fly (and/or to describe that it is a bird).

I personally think they should have named it Air or Wind instead to make it more like an element (Fire, Water, Rock, Electric...), eliminating the need of having the Normal-type slapped onto every single one of them since Wind/Air is already enough. It would make the Pokemon more associated with the sky/wind element/air/clouds etc instead of just simply having wings. Flying-type creates winds and slashes made of air just as Fire-types creates and summons fire, so I think it only makes sense.

I think renaming it Wind/Air would also make Tornadus more like a TRUE wind god/kami, which it is based on. Being a pure "Flying"-type looks rather silly in my eyes.
    I'm fine with it still being called "flying", but it totally needs to stop always being saddled with a second type, and also stop always being the secondary type and never the primary type. That last one's only cosmetic, sure, but it still really bugs me.

Loopy SummerXBen shipper! ObliviaRangerLuvva's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow ObliviaRangerLuvva On Twitter Add ObliviaRangerLuvva on Google+
    Follow ObliviaRangerLuvva on Tumblr Visit ObliviaRangerLuvva's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skaraflame View Post
    You seem to be under the impression that Pokemon has never had more than one critter based off the same animal before. And Rampardos is a Pachycephalosaur, not a t-rex.
    Snakes and tadpoles come to mind there.

Team Magma, Pokemon Pincher and Team Plasma member all at once and proud!
    I love Oblivia, and more importantly, UKULELE PICHU!
    http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PDuD2FR~cFuT

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL. Branellope's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Branellope On Twitter Add Branellope on Facebook
    Follow Branellope on Tumblr Visit Branellope's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    I want the UK version of the game to actually be localised for the UK audience. That means the use of UK English as opposed to US English and other such details like that.
    To be fair the world should be localised to UK English, as it's the original and official English. I don't care how much anyone tries to reason with it, 12/14 will always be the twelveth day of the fourteenth month.

Check this wicked Pokémon battle AND this EPIC PR video.

I claimed Noivern omg <3

"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" -Serebii

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

i want new pokemon that look less like digimon.. yes im looking at you woobat, gurdurr, tynamo, archen, tornadus, thundurus, landours amoung many others. Well in fact most of gen 5 looks like the digital world