What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 111

Page 111 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3563
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

  1. #1651
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    175

    Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

    I have been thinking, if gen 6 were to host a ruby and sapphire remake (or any gen really) then there could be a somewhat undesirable pattern that could unfold from this. If Gamefreak makes a remake of ruby and sapphire, then they will be inclined to do a remake of diamond and pearl, and then remakes of black and white. They may even go as far as to make a remake of the third versions of each generation in addition to all the remakes; they may even make a remake of black 2 and white 2 ( I hope not). See where I'm going with this?

  2. #1652
    Allons-y! PKMN Trainer Faye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by boabiol View Post
    I disagree. Battle Revolution was terribly lacking IMO because all it offered was battling and nothing more. There were no minigames or extras to do for the casual-players to maintain their interest in the game. Also, what if you had a whole group of people over and it would be not as fun since Battle Revolution only allows 2 people to play. One could only enjoy Pokemon Battle Revolution to the fullest if they own a Nintendo DS and a copy of the Gen 4 DS game, but what about the people who can not afford either of these and they have friends who can? The Pokemon Stadium Series on the otherhand, in addition to the battling aspect, had all-sorts of minigames as well as bonus features (like the Pokemon Gameboy player) that increased the replay-value of the games. The Pokemon Stadium Series were better because it had more to offer that would keep people playing the games as well as enjoying them, but Pokemon Battle Revolution only offers battling and that's it. And one more thing, the loading and searching times for players online in Pokemon Battle Revolution were utterly atrocious, and that's coming from my experience playing both of these games.
    The mini-games of both Stadium games were incredibly dull and boring, only the Chansey one has any merit. The problem with PBR is that it was released WAAAAAY too early into Gen IV. It's also one of the first games on the Wii, that it uses "Revolution" in it's title. It's gonna be a bit clunky, and one needs to be patient with it.

    And while PBR had nothing but battles, it also had a WIDE variety of battles. There was 2 rental cups, and those rental Pokemon are so much better than the laughably pathetic rentals of Stadium. (The rental Charizard has bloody Ember. Are you serious?) The battles were all randomized, too, except for certain opponents, so each battle was unpredictable, unlike Stadium where you have the same opponents every single time, so eventually there'll be no challenge.

    The other big plus with Pokemon Battle Revolution is the character customization. It was extremely limited, true, but if one utilized their imagination, they could make a whole lot out of it. That's the main reason why I like PBR, the character customization. Constantly people whine for it, while ignoring PBR. If the next battle sim is like PBR, then they can definitely improve and expand on the customization.

    Stadium has those mini-games to disguise how low on battle content it is. There's only 4 "Cups", and none of them are randomized or have variety. And Gym Leader Castle is a joke, they could have at least done something more interesting.

    As for multiplayer, again, I mention that PBR is a very old game, but it had to deal with over twice the amount of Pokemon Stadium had. 250 VS 493 is a huge bloody difference. I know that there is room for improvement, but it is not a bad game at all. The reason you buy a 3D BATTLE SIMULATOR is to watch battles in 3D with your own Pokemon. That's what PBR does, and does it very well. Because it's not like the meat of Pokemon is battling or anything; how stupid of a spin-off to focus JUST on battling! /sarcasm.

    Quote Originally Posted by boabiol View Post
    I have been thinking, if gen 6 were to host a ruby and sapphire remake (or any gen really) then there could be a somewhat undesirable pattern that could unfold from this. If Gamefreak makes a remake of ruby and sapphire, then they will be inclined to do a remake of diamond and pearl, and then remakes of black and white. They may even go as far as to make a remake of the third versions of each generation in addition to all the remakes; they may even make a remake of black 2 and white 2 ( I hope not). See where I'm going with this?
    Oh please. That kind of "argument" you're using is known as a "slippery slope" fallacy, and it's utter BS. RSE are the only Pokemon games with a region that's not on a DS game in any way. There are plenty of reasons for RSEmakes, but DPPt obviously don't need a remake, since Platinum is still fairly recent (3 years ago). Kids who started with BW/B2W2 will be able to find Platinum and HGSS easily enough; but finding RSE will be quite difficult. They'll never get to explore Hoenn without getting lucky, since GBA games aren't sold except for shops like Boscos, and even then I don't see them there.
    Phoenixphlare likes this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

  3. #1653
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    175

    Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boabiol View Post
    I disagree. Battle Revolution was terribly lacking IMO because all it offered was battling and nothing more. There were no minigames or extras to do for the casual-players to maintain their interest in the game. Also, what if you had a whole group of people over and it would be not as fun since Battle Revolution only allows 2 people to play. One could only enjoy Pokemon Battle Revolution to the fullest if they own a Nintendo DS and a copy of the Gen 4 DS game, but what about the people who can not afford either of these and they have friends who can? The Pokemon Stadium Series on the otherhand, in addition to the battling aspect, had all-sorts of minigames as well as bonus features (like the Pokemon Gameboy player) that increased the replay-value of the games. The Pokemon Stadium Series were better because it had more to offer that would keep people playing the games as well as enjoying them, but Pokemon Battle Revolution only offers battling and that's it. And one more thing, the loading and searching times for players online in Pokemon Battle Revolution were utterly atrocious, and that's coming from my experience playing both of these games.
    The mini-games of both Stadium games were incredibly dull and boring, only the Chansey one has any merit. The problem with PBR is that it was released WAAAAAY too early into Gen IV. It's also one of the first games on the Wii, that it uses "Revolution" in it's title. It's gonna be a bit clunky, and one needs to be patient with it.

    And while PBR had nothing but battles, it also had a WIDE variety of battles. There was 2 rental cups, and those rental Pokemon are so much better than the laughably pathetic rentals of Stadium. (The rental Charizard has bloody Ember. Are you serious?) The battles were all randomized, too, except for certain opponents, so each battle was unpredictable, unlike Stadium where you have the same opponents every single time, so eventually there'll be no challenge.

    The other big plus with Pokemon Battle Revolution is the character customization. It was extremely limited, true, but if one utilized their imagination, they could make a whole lot out of it. That's the main reason why I like PBR, the character customization. Constantly people whine for it, while ignoring PBR. If the next battle sim is like PBR, then they can definitely improve and expand on the customization.

    Stadium has those mini-games to disguise how low on battle content it is. There's only 4 "Cups", and none of them are randomized or have variety. And Gym Leader Castle is a joke, they could have at least done something more interesting.

    As for multiplayer, again, I mention that PBR is a very old game, but it had to deal with over twice the amount of Pokemon Stadium had. 250 VS 493 is a huge bloody difference. I know that there is room for improvement, but it is not a bad game at all. The reason you buy a 3D BATTLE SIMULATOR is to watch battles in 3D with your own Pokemon. That's what PBR does, and does it very well. Because it's not like the meat of Pokemon is battling or anything; how stupid of a spin-off to focus JUST on battling! /sarcasm.
    PBR is not a bad game, but its a very REPETITIVE game indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by boabiol View Post
    I have been thinking, if gen 6 were to host a ruby and sapphire remake (or any gen really) then there could be a somewhat undesirable pattern that could unfold from this. If Gamefreak makes a remake of ruby and sapphire, then they will be inclined to do a remake of diamond and pearl, and then remakes of black and white. They may even go as far as to make a remake of the third versions of each generation in addition to all the remakes; they may even make a remake of black 2 and white 2 ( I hope not). See where I'm going with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Oh please. That kind of "argument" you're using is known as a "slippery slope" fallacy, and it's utter BS. RSE are the only Pokemon games with a region that's not on a DS game in any way. There are plenty of reasons for RSEmakes, but DPPt obviously don't need a remake, since Platinum is still fairly recent (3 years ago). Kids who started with BW/B2W2 will be able to find Platinum and HGSS easily enough; but finding RSE will be quite difficult. They'll never get to explore Hoenn without getting lucky, since GBA games aren't sold except for shops like Boscos, and even then I don't see them there.
    Its true finding RSE will be quite difficult, but why remake it when it is already compatible with the Gen 4 games? Gen 1 and 2 were not compatible with Gen 3, 4, or 5 so remakes for them were understandable. Gen 3 is compatible with Gen 4 and 5( by extension). If anything, I think making a direct SEQUEL to the Hoenn games would be the better option and people would have a nostalgic and yet new experience rolled into one. And hey, the "slippery slope" effect COULD happen, it is possibile.
    Last edited by boabiol; 28th October 2012 at 06:25 PM.

  4. #1654
    is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cheaters anywhere
    Posts
    872
    Blog Entries
    18
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

    What I would like to see in Generation VI:
    *New starter Pokémon should be entirely dual-type starter Pokémon throughout evolutions (Bulbasaur was the only one unevolved dual-type starter Pokémon).
    **New starters: Grass/Dragon-type reptile-based Pokémon, Fire/Ground-type mammal-based Pokémon, Water/Flying-type flying squirrel-based Pokémon.
    *More legendary Pokémon, including Poison-type legendary Pokémon, and more legendary Pokémon with genders.
    *More pure Steel-type and Flying-type Pokémon.
    *Pre-evolutions and evolutions of Pokémon from previous generations.
    *More Eeveelutions introduced.
    *No electric squirrels (Pachirisu and Emolga are enough), but more squirrels of other types such as fire squirrels or water/flying squirrels (Sentret was the only squirrel which is not an electric squirrel).
    *Pokémon Dockyard, where the player can buy Pokémon (especially those who cannot be found in the player's version or another) from there with money, but they will get first one for free.
    *New villainous teams. (American Mafia-like villainous teams if set in a region based on North American places, like Unova which is based on New York.)

    What they should bring back in Generation VI:
    *Shadow Pokémon (evil counterpart to Pokémon with Pokérus)
    *Walking Pokémon (Generation V lacked this...)
    *Cycling road (because Hells Angels want this...)
    *Game Corner with Pokémon battles instead of just slot machines or Voltorb Flips.
    *Spiky-eared Pichu.

    What they should improve in Generation VI:
    *More and best move tutors (such as the ones who can teach Rollout)
    *Revised egg group systems (see the Fixing the egg groups thread)

    What they should remove in Generation VI:
    None yet.

  5. #1655
    zzz YamiiDenryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    1,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Shadow Minun View Post
    New starters: Grass/Dragon-type reptile-based Pokémon, Fire/Ground-type mammal-based Pokémon, Water/Flying-type flying squirrel-based Pokémon.
    Those type matchups are ridiculously unbalanced for starters. The flying type removes water's resistance to grass, the ground type exacerbates fire's weakness to water and removes its resistance to grass, and the dragon type removes grass's weakness to fire and doubles its water weakness.

  6. #1656
    Registered User Foxeaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    139

    Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

    Customization~ I always thought PBR was testing the idea for Gen 5. Man, I was disappointed.

    A Normal type Elite Four member would be pretty fresh.

    Gen 3 styled Battle Frontier that is Wi-Fi enabled. (Could you imagine Battle Pyramid on Wi-Fi? : D )

    To the discussion of Gen 3 remakes, Emerald should be the one remade. Atleast the plot made more sense than RS.

    Short quests that are scattered among the region. Gen 5 is getting there, perhaps BW2 has improved. (I haven't got the game yet haha)

    Smile~

  7. #1657
    Registered User Anser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    788

    Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

    I want the rate of hurting oneself when confused to be lowered from 50% to 35% at least.

  8. #1658
    Registered User Garland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

    A better PC search engine!
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.

  9. #1659
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

    1. A better system online to deter ragequitters. I hate, HATE, HATE when I'm about to complete a sweep online and I get the dreaded "The connection to the opponent has been lost!" message. I've only recently started playing online, but I have about half as many wins as I deserve online because of this. I think that if the opponent disconnects, it should count as a win for the other player, because whatever they're doing right now to deter ragequitters just isn't cutting it. It's just stupid; I've been getting curbstomped online, but at least I'll be a good sport about it and take the loss like a man.

    2. No event Pokemon. Shiny promos and such are fine, but I hate being restricted from using a certain Pokemon or having to trade another event Pokemon just because I had classes one day and couldn't make it to Gamestop or whatever.

    3. Fix the trading system. Stop allowing people to make impossible offers for Pokemon. I'm getting sick of seeing demands for level 9 Reshiram on the GTS.

    4. Gen 3/4 style battle frontier (minus the blatantly cheating AI from Gen III). Battle Castle was especially fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    I want the rate of hurting oneself when confused to be lowered from 50% to 35% at least.
    YES.
    Last edited by Riverstyx; 30th October 2012 at 07:40 PM.

  10. #1660
    Registered User SimH5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    I want the rate of hurting oneself when confused to be lowered from 50% to 35% at least.
    Agreed, I can't stand confusion.

  11. #1661
    Allons-y! PKMN Trainer Faye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

    The 50% hit rate is a double-edged sword IMO, since it affects the opponent too. What I'd rather see done to confusion is making it a "pseudo-permanent" status ailment. That way you can't be confused and paralyzed at the same time. :/ THAT is rage-inducing.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

  12. #1662
    Registered User Anser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    788

    Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    The 50% hit rate is a double-edged sword IMO, since it affects the opponent too. What I'd rather see done to confusion is making it a "pseudo-permanent" status ailment. That way you can't be confused and paralyzed at the same time. :/ THAT is rage-inducing.
    This reminds me of a trainer in Pokémon Stadium 2 who had a Stantler that knew Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray and Attract. Plus, it knew Stomp, so sometimes it wouldn't even give you the chance of attacking because of the flinching.

  13. #1663
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,117
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Shadow Minun View Post
    New starters: Grass/Dragon-type reptile-based Pokémon, Fire/Ground-type mammal-based Pokémon, Water/Flying-type flying squirrel-based Pokémon.
    Those type matchups are ridiculously unbalanced for starters. The flying type removes water's weakness to grass, the ground type exacerbates fire's weakness to water and removes its resistance to grass, and the dragon type removes grass's weakness to fire and doubles its ice weakness.
    Fixed it for ya.

  14. #1664
    zzz YamiiDenryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    1,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leavanny Duo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Shadow Minun View Post
    New starters: Grass/Dragon-type reptile-based Pokémon, Fire/Ground-type mammal-based Pokémon, Water/Flying-type flying squirrel-based Pokémon.
    Those type matchups are ridiculously unbalanced for starters. The flying type removes water's weakness to grass, the ground type exacerbates fire's weakness to water and removes its resistance to grass, and the dragon type removes grass's weakness to fire and doubles its ice weakness.
    Fixed it for ya.
    ... I meant to say "doubles its water resistance", actually. But close enough.

  15. #1665
    The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Snowbelle City
    Posts
    716
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

    I think the egg groups need some improvements. Just some things off the top of my head Nidorina and Nidoqueen should be able to lay eggs. Also this is just my opinion so please don't be upset but does anyone find this the least bit disturbing that Gothita can procreate I mean I don't know if it's me but I see a baby when I see Gothita I mean Smoochum is kind of similar and she can't lay eggs which I think is the correct thing so I think she should be categorized as a Baby Pokémon but where would that leave Solosis they're kind of counterparts or version exclusives so to say.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •