What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 100

Page 100 of 238 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3563
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

A GOOD STORY LINE!-preffrebly set after B2/W2; That's what I love about pokémon, most games have a good story line, but lately the plots are becoming a bit similar.
    Rival with a good back story and progresses as you go on, maybe from Good to Evil.
    More evolutions.
    A gym at the start that you have no advantage or dis-advantage.
    Good char design for your PC

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Microscopic Pokémon.

Basically you walk around and take a sample of soil, air or water from somewhere. You then go back to a lab and analyse it, finding tiny Pokémon inside.

Also, a region based on Scotland. I'm not Scottish, but it would be so cool.

I love the idea of a massive city, but how about that it's the place where you face E4. A complex Subway system would be good too. While we're on the topic, make all cities Castelia sized.

I like the Grass-Fire-Water starters, but let's have some more variation. NO MORE FIRE/FIGHTING! Maybe have a starter for each type...?

Definitely have a skip tutorial option. They really annoy me.
    Last edited by AlphaMouse; 31st August 2012 at 12:10 PM.
    Narcisse likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

You could have this huge city (double or triple the size of Castelia), and have a taxi system to go from one place to the next easily.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Default Re: Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

I think that it's about time they introduced a new type of Pokemon. I know that the last two, Steel and Dark, were really only introduced in Gen 2 to weaken Psychic, but c'mon...that was super-exciting and it's about time for another one. Maybe a Sound/Music type? That seems to be one of the more popular ones in fanon anyway.

Also, if they're basing their regions on the U.S. now, they should totally do the Baltimore/D.C. area next. I'm not biased or anything.

Lastly, I think it would be cool if they let you bail on fighting the Elite Four without fighting all of them; you'd still have to start over from the beginning (because allowing you to rearrange your party, stock up on Hyper Potions, go to the Pokemon Center, etc. inbetween battles would just make it too easy) but at least you wouldn't have to wait to white out after you've realized it was a bad choice.
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 31st August 2012 at 05:38 PM.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

A water type starter that evolves into a water dragon type and looks like a badass duck. ( i just love ducks )
    A bird legendary ( i love birds)
    Able to get hoenn starters.
    Please call me LT, not XX or whatever. Thanks.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    You could have this huge city (double or triple the size of Castelia), and have a taxi system to go from one place to the next easily.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about cars! We got a glimpse of them (or at least of 18-wheelers) in BW/B2W2 (not counting the infamous truck in vermilion of course), so why not expand on the usage of them?

In fact, a Battle Double-Decker Bus system (like the Battle Subway) would go perfect in the Pokémon world version of London in a UK based region! Of course, then they'd have to do something else with the Tube (that is what you call London's subway system, right?)

---------------------------------------------

For those who know a lot about Australia and New Zealand, what are some famous (or infamous) places there? I mean, not counting Sydney or Perth. I am curious, because I am brainstorming on ideas for a potential Pokémon region based on Australia and New Zealand, since I still would like to see Gen VI based there.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    For those who know a lot about Australia and New Zealand, what are some famous (or infamous) places there? I mean, not counting Sydney or Perth. I am curious, because I am brainstorming on ideas for a potential Pokémon region based on Australia and New Zealand, since I still would like to see Gen VI based there.
    New Zealand has the longest place name in an English-speaking country and second longest place name in the world (a hill called Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu) and the world's steepest residential street (Baldwin Street). There's also Milford Sound, the fjord national park which is amazingly beautiful. The Sky Tower may be of interest to you. It stands as the symbol for the most populous city in NZ (about 1 million more people than the second most populous). A lot of the islands surrounding NZ are special reserves largely untouched by humans which are the homes of many endangered bird species because of the lack of predators.
    Hope I helped. :)
    sonic10158 likes this.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokelova View Post
    New Zealand has the longest place name in an English-speaking country and second longest place name in the world (a hill called Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu) and the world's steepest residential street (Baldwin Street). There's also Milford Sound, the fjord national park which is amazingly beautiful. The Sky Tower may be of interest to you. It stands as the symbol for the most populous city in NZ (about 1 million more people than the second most populous). A lot of the islands surrounding NZ are special reserves largely untouched by humans which are the homes of many endangered bird species because of the lack of predators.
    Hope I helped. :)
    No, it is the longest place name in the world. Second longest is Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch in Wales.

Anyway, I'd rather have another region based on the US, to be connected to Unova.

Pokemon should focus on developing a story, if it wants to just depart from the formulaic effort of just becoming League Champion. Sure, beating the Elite Four and your rival are huge accomplishments when it comes to a Pokemon game, but wouldn't we want to have another sense of victory over the enemy instead of the repetitive nonsense of just becoming League Champ and not doing anything else. But, as being said, I believe Pokemon in Gen 6 should include:
    1. Better-looking Pokemon designs. We all know that the style and creativity if Pokemon is steadily declining since the Satoshi Tajiri era. We've all seen the basic electric rodent, the bovine(cow or bull) types, and the basic Dragon. Come on, Pokemon. Give us some fresh new designs.

2. A relevant story and a good villain to go with it. I've played enough Pokemon games to know that it doesn't come with a valuable package to anything; a story. Apparently, the story is just to defeat your rival and become Pokemon Master. But wouldn't we all like it if another element came into play? I have an idea; Se Corp., the organisation behind Team Rocket, has finally emerged and now, the ultimate peril has called across the Asohac Region. Now, the Ancient PokeGods must arise from the cores of Mt. Crystal and save the world once again... but a powerful trainer, Leon, leader of Se Corp, has captured the PokeGods and seemed unstoppable... Now, you must save the Asohac Region from ultimate destruction!

3. Better starters. Back in the days of RBY, GSC, and RSE, the starters were awesome. Charizard was the ultimate badass in the 1st Gen, and Typhlosion was next. It seemed that our starters were the best bets in our teams... until the 4th Gen, where starters started declining in popularity. All we have are Grass, Fire, and Water types, which tend to get lame at some point in the game. What we need are the Darker Types, assuming you know we need Dark, Psychic, or Ghost as our new choices. If you want to stick to nostalgia and go with Grass, Fire, or Water, fine by me. But I'm just sayin'.

A bigger region, so as to say we won't have seen the entire mapped region in a matter of an hour. We need a more diverse land plot, including mountains, caves(without Geodude and Zubat annoying us every 4 seconds), forests, and hell, we might even need a friggin; desert if it means taking a larger portion of space. And specific Pokemon to go in that area.

If you believe we need this in Generation 6, then agree and reply to my post.

New Game; Pokemon Gray Version

Quote Originally Posted by n00b20078 View Post
    Pokemon should focus on developing a story, if it wants to just depart from the formulaic effort of just becoming League Champion. Sure, beating the Elite Four and your rival are huge accomplishments when it comes to a Pokemon game, but wouldn't we want to have another sense of victory over the enemy instead of the repetitive nonsense of just becoming League Champ and not doing anything else. But, as being said, I believe Pokemon in Gen 6 should include:
    1. Better-looking Pokemon designs. We all know that the style and creativity if Pokemon is steadily declining since the Satoshi Tajiri era. We've all seen the basic electric rodent, the bovine(cow or bull) types, and the basic Dragon. Come on, Pokemon. Give us some fresh new designs.

2. A relevant story and a good villain to go with it. I've played enough Pokemon games to know that it doesn't come with a valuable package to anything; a story. Apparently, the story is just to defeat your rival and become Pokemon Master. But wouldn't we all like it if another element came into play? I have an idea; Se Corp., the organisation behind Team Rocket, has finally emerged and now, the ultimate peril has called across the Asohac Region. Now, the Ancient PokeGods must arise from the cores of Mt. Crystal and save the world once again... but a powerful trainer, Leon, leader of Se Corp, has captured the PokeGods and seemed unstoppable... Now, you must save the Asohac Region from ultimate destruction!

3. Better starters. Back in the days of RBY, GSC, and RSE, the starters were awesome. Charizard was the ultimate badass in the 1st Gen, and Typhlosion was next. It seemed that our starters were the best bets in our teams... until the 4th Gen, where starters started declining in popularity. All we have are Grass, Fire, and Water types, which tend to get lame at some point in the game. What we need are the Darker Types, assuming you know we need Dark, Psychic, or Ghost as our new choices. If you want to stick to nostalgia and go with Grass, Fire, or Water, fine by me. But I'm just sayin'.

A bigger region, so as to say we won't have seen the entire mapped region in a matter of an hour. We need a more diverse land plot, including mountains, caves(without Geodude and Zubat annoying us every 4 seconds), forests, and hell, we might even need a friggin; desert if it means taking a larger portion of space. And specific Pokemon to go in that area.

The Psychic-Dark-Ghost triangle is impossible because it's way unbalanced. Psychic is neutral against Ghost and totally useless against Dark. Ghost is super effective against Psychic but not effective against Dark, and Dark is super effective against both Psychic and Ghost. It would leave people who choose the Psychic type at a serious disadvantage, and people who choose the Dark type would always have the upper hand. I really can't understand why people want to change the Grass-Fire-Water triangle; it's more than fine to me =/...

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=n00b20078;4315851]
    You do realize that's completely subjective right? honestly the Gen V pokemon are IMO a HUGE improvement over Gen I... seriously think about it subjectively... in Gen I we got a Pokeball who evolves into a bigger, upsideddown Pokeball (Voltorb/Electrode) A Whack-a-mole thing that evolves into a whack-a-mole thing with three heads (Diglett/Dugtrio) A Bird with 2 heads that evolves into a bird with 3 heads (Doduo/Dodrio) a single Magnet that evolves into 3 magnets (Magnemite/Magneton) a Tadpole who evolves into a bigger angrier Tadpoke (Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath) need I go on?

That's just Gen I! so no... the designs hadn't decreased they;ve gotten better and have explored far more interestig organs and stuff...

Stupid Idea because it;'s NOTHING like a normal pokemon game... a side game sure but a main game? nope... they aren't going to change the formula they don't need to.. asking Pokemon to change is like asking Mario to change it's not going to happen... they did a great job with B/W and B2/W2 but the plot is not the point of the game... it's about beating the shit out of other peoples Pokemon with your own... the plot is just a bonus... changing Pokemon to much would be a disastor the formula isn't broken so it doesn't need to be fixed... can their be a better plot? of course that'd be awesome but don't expect them to change the 8 gyms and Pokemon League part...

Dark/Ghost/Psychic aren't a real triangle... both dark and Ghost are SE to Psychic and Dark is SE against both while Psychic can't hit while Ghost only hits neutrally.. Dark/Fighting/Psychic wuold be a better one (give the Psychic starer the ability to hit Dark types normally or something...) but I doubt we'd see a change the type... Fire/Water/Grass is simple and makes sense... though Water/Fighting Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark would be awesome... plus I like the designs of the Unova starters and the Gen II starters... Meganium is the least popular Starter Period so that hurts it... and I was never big on Bulbasar and Squirtle really... plus Serperior looks awesome..

So... Hoenn?
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Pidgeot;4313621][QUOTE=Pokelova;4313568]
    No, it is the longest place name in the world. Second longest is Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch in Wales.

Longest is the proper name for Bangkock, but I think it's the longest place name in an English-speaking country.

I'd love the PC to get a Car, have a house, and eat.

Also, the E4 should be Fire, Water, Ground and Ice to make the most of the Weather conditions.

I'd have loads of optional game play and the option to join the evil team.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by n00b20078 View Post
    "We all know"? So it's an objective fact now that the new Pokemon are worse? It really isn't.

That story you gave sounds like all the usual aspects of the storyline mashed together and taken up to eleven.

Again, this is subjective. A lot of people like both the fourth and fifth gen starters just fine, thank you. And why does the type trio have to be "darker"? That has nothing to do with how the starters are set up.

If you have the entire game map unlocked within an hour, you're playing way too fast.

... Gray version?
    Narcisse likes this.

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeMaster View Post
    Longest is the proper name for Bangkock, but I think it's the longest place name in an English-speaking country.
    Bangkok is Thai is Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, not that long.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

Soul of the Trees Forest Spirit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Forest Spirit on Google+

Well I for one would love to see some more Eeveelutions. I've only come up with one idea, but the ground type eevee evolution - QUAKEON (Kway KEE On)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM