What do you think is the most disappointing attack animation? - Page 9
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think is the most disappointing attack animation?

Music is Fun! Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Default Re: What do you think is the most disappointing attack animation?

Roar of Time looks like it's attacking with a bunch of cheerleader pom poms...

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Solarbeam's attack animation has been displayed wrong. It suppose to be the Pokemon shoot the beam towards the opponent, not the sky.

Music is Fun! Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I thought of a few more.

Hyper Voice in Gen 4. There's like an awkward pause between the shockwave things. It looked a lot better in gen 3. Also Swift in Gen 4 and 5. In previous games it looked like ninja throwing stars or something, but now it's this really sparkly, non-threatening attack.

Tail Whip. It doesn't even do anything with its tail. It just sort of... shakes around a bit.

I also hate how Fly and Bounce now look like your Pokémon turned into a bubble and floated upwards. It's like "What?"

Then there's Outrage, which was cool in Generation III, but then in Generation V, it just looks like a spiral coming out the user's back, which is disorienting because when you're using it, it looks like it's been used ON you, and when it's being used on you, it looks like YOUR using it.

Also, Splash Attack. How cool would it be if it caused mass tidal waves and energy to shoot out of everywhere and generally just look like a really huge attack and then despair as you read "But nothing happened."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Solarbeam's attack animation has been displayed wrong. It suppose to be the Pokemon shoot the beam towards the opponent, not the sky.
    Not wrong so much as they decided to change the move's concept itself into one that is a bit weird since we've always been used to beams coming from the user. A beam from the sun(?) looks awesome to me honestly, even if it doesn't make sense. As if calling the power of the sun.

I don't like the final part of Frenzy Plant's animation. It has the same problem as Doom Desire's; great build-up and then a non-painful looking attack.

"Oh, I don't mean 'straight' in a heterophobic way. I just mean, ya know, dumb and stupid."

Non-painful? A bunch of tree roots burst out from under the ground to unleash a devastating pummel. o_o; At least in PBR, I haven't seen Frenzy Plant in the DS games yet...

Replaying HGSS reminded me how how silly Sacred Fire looks in the DS games. D: Purple flames, nice. But the background is really what gets me. It's just...kinda...it's just there. It should look more epic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Non-painful? A bunch of tree roots burst out from under the ground to unleash a devastating pummel. o_o; At least in PBR, I haven't seen Frenzy Plant in the DS games yet...
    PBR battles are beautiful.
    In the DS games, the roots just sort of appear slowly after epic build-up, then the target shakes and green stuff appears.

Frenzy Plant (move) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
    ^ There, though the animation isn't as slow in-game.

"Oh, I don't mean 'straight' in a heterophobic way. I just mean, ya know, dumb and stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by OmniGaga View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    PBR battles are beautiful.
    In the DS games, the roots just sort of appear slowly after epic build-up, then the target shakes and green stuff appears.

Frenzy Plant (move) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
    ^ There, though the animation isn't as slow in-game.
    Ooh, that does look rather weird indeed. D: And yes, PBR battles do look very lovely! Ice Beam especially.

Blog Entries
    Follow GoldeenTail On Twitter Add GoldeenTail on MySpace
    Follow GoldeenTail on Tumblr

DPPl's Spacial Rend looks kinda lame for Palkia's ultimate attack. You'll expect something more exciting, but at least the background is pretty. The anime doesn't do the move any justice either.
    Last edited by GoldeenTail; 29th June 2012 at 08:19 PM.

WOW TRANSFORMERS IS A DUMB SERIES LOL. GT GROW THE FUCK UP.
    Tumblr / My eggs /My blog / deviantart

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Fly, what the actual f***?

And as for Sacred Fire, I can't even, the purple fire is nice, as said above, but it's not purple in any other media, and it's a physical move...

Dig's animation... I'm appalled, I still think your mon should emerge in the other pokémon's ''field''

Also, even though I love Gen III, I have to admit, their Solarbeam and Hyperbeams are stupid, DNA BEAM!! I now want this move

Bulbapedia is having some problems right now apparently, so I can't look it up, but I think it's Gen V's Earthquake animation. It just doesn't even look like an earthquake. All the previous generation animations were fine for it though
    HeartGold FC- 3697 3834 7354
    Platinum FC- 3826 2943 9809
    Black FC- 2623 7586 3462

Don't mess with L!

Quote Originally Posted by We'reBlastinOffAgain View Post
    Bulbapedia is having some problems right now apparently, so I can't look it up, but I think it's Gen V's Earthquake animation. It just doesn't even look like an earthquake. All the previous generation animations were fine for it though
    I think it looks decently like an earthquake, but I will give you that it doesn't look nearly as intense as the other generations.

Blog Entries

That freaking Night Daze...

In the anime, it was this amazingly awesome explosion of crimson-pink energy blasting everything in sight! In the game, it's just this weird purple thing that looks like water ripples, WTF!?
    "HE EVEN GODMODDED THE PANCAKES!" - SA3

Magical Leaf. It just shoots rainbow leaves at the enemy and when it hits it looks...weak. Looks epic in Gen 3 though.

Credit to Blue Dragon for the userbar
    Click to help my dragons hatch

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeReshiram View Post
    Magical Leaf. It just shoots rainbow leaves at the enemy and when it hits it looks...weak. Looks epic in Gen 3 though.
    I thought that the leaves turning rainbow colors made it look sort of like the leaves were under the influence of some sort of hippie psychic power, so I thought it all looked pretty cool... plus pretty @3@ - But yeah, in Generation IV and V, it doesn't even really look like the leaves are actually attacking him. It just looks like they're just sort of existing next to him.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast