What do you think the cities and towns in X and Y will be named after? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: What do you think the cities and towns in X and Y will be named after?

Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you think the cities and towns in X and Y will be named after?

How about a naming trend that isn't too French?

Not that I'm too against the idea, but none of the previous generations really had towns or cities named after things from the regions they were based on. I'm pretty sure colors aren't that big of a thing in the actual Kanto region in Japan, nor do I think patterns or cloud formations are that big to New York City. They were all just random themes, and it could very well be the same here too.

Although I do like the idea of towns named after wines and cheeses, when combined.
    Mordicuno and Bubble Frog like this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Add Dawn<3 on Facebook

Default Re: What do you think the cities and towns in X and Y will be named after?

Unova went out of the window with cloud-related names...why can't we have cities that are named after something else naturey....or animal names..One thing that really annoys me is that even after 5 generations there hasn't been a single city or tow named after a pokemon...it technically doesn't make sense if you're plying a pokemon game....there are so many legendaries and important pokemon that are so revered and respected and it doesnt really make sense if there isn't a city named after that pokemon
    Jenneta likes this.
    "Just Like the Burning Flames in my Heart,
    Burn it up into Red Hot Flames!!!!"

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnfan View Post
    Unova went out of the window with cloud-related names...why can't we have cities that are named after something else naturey....or animal names..One thing that really annoys me is that even after 5 generations there hasn't been a single city or tow named after a pokemon...it technically doesn't make sense if you're plying a pokemon game....there are so many legendaries and important pokemon that are so revered and respected and it doesn't really make sense if there isn't a city named after that pokemon
    I don't see why Towns and Cities should have a requirement of being named after Pokemon just because they're set in the Pokemon World. By your logic, everything else should be named after Pokemon too. I prefer they create their own unique names for towns and cities.

Living the Pokemon life. Jenneta's Avatar

Lol, all you guys talking about cuisine named towns is making me hungry. xD.
    But I agree with Dawnfan. I get there's been temples and such, but a city named Arceus City or something sounds cool in my idea. Or Yvteal Town or something...
    I like the idea of naming them also after music and such. I can't contribute any names since I'm not very good at coming up with names...But I will go ahead and say I basically agree with everybody here on their ideas and whatnot. :D You guys are a creative bunch, let me tell you.
    3DS Friend Code is: 5215-0992-6785 Friend Safari is Combee, Beautifly, and Venomoth.
    Used to be Dark Type Princess~, now Jenneta and going to keep it that way. :)

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Back to the color theme again - in Latin names XDD

Blog Entries

It'd be cool if they named the cities/towns after constellations and/or certain stars. Especially since there was what looked like an observatory in one of the early gameplay trailers.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

It can't be French related names as even though thats where the region is based off that area, look at what they did for Unova and other regions. It is hard to determine what the names could come from as there are many random things in the world but I would have to say, amino acids due to the DNA related names.

Add Dawn<3 on Facebook

I din't say that ALL the towns should be named after pokemon, I said some...there are shrines and temples like Dark Type Princess said, but why not a town?Take Lacuonsa in Unova for example...everyone goes on about kyurem and its carnivorous behavior....so why should'nt it have been named after it?Then again it's your opinion...

I din't say that ALL the towns should be named after pokemon, I said some...there are shrines and temples like Dark Type Princess said, but why not a town?Take Lacuonsa in Unova for example...everyone goes on about kyurem and its carnivorous behavior....so why should'nt it have been named after it?Then again it's your opinion...
    Realistically speaking, why would you name a town after a story (that was never proven to be real) of a terrifying monster that comes to your town and eats people?

Not exactly good for the town & its reputation. It'd make people not want to live there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Blog Entries

I know you didn't say all towns should be, I never stated you said that. What I said is that any town shouldn't be required to be named after a Pokemon just because they're in a Pokemon world. It makes plenty of sense to me that they don't name towns and cities after Pokemon. I wouldn't dislike a town or two to be named after Pokemon, however, I do prefer the way they name their towns now.

Add Dawn<3 on Facebook

Look, I just said what I THOUGHT the cities will be named after, not that it WILL be named after, all I'm saying is it'll be cool if it does happen IN MY OPINION, so end of discussion

Blog Entries

Look, I just said what I THOUGHT the cities will be named after, not that it WILL be named after, all I'm saying is it'll be cool if it does happen IN MY OPINION, so end of discussion
    You sound angry, although I don't understand why you could be , as I only stated my opinion just as you did.

Add Dawn<3 on Facebook

No, I'm not angry, and I respect your opinion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    It'd be cool if they named the cities/towns after constellations and/or certain stars. Especially since there was what looked like an observatory in one of the early gameplay trailers.
    yes pls
    gamefreak pay attention this lady has the right idea
    Constellations would make for some AWESOME city names.
    I'm just going to assume this is fact until it gets brutally deconfirmed with something much lamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    nor do I think patterns or cloud formations are that big to New York City.
    Shows how much you know, we're the cloud formation center of the goddamn world.
    :P

They should make all of the towns and cities named after either alcoholic beverages, such as:

WineWonder Town
    Red Thunderous Villiage
    Champaigne Crane city
    Imna Vodka
    BeerBrisky City_ Maybe an ice town
    SakeSpring
    Brandy Shore Side

Or something along these lines. Since it will be a france like atmosphere, they can atleast cater to some part or it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast