What did you think of Bianca and Cheren? - Page 4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you think of Bianca and Cheren?

Blog Entries

Default Re: What did you think of Bianca and Cheren?

Isn't it sad that Bianca has all eight badges and she still thinks that she's weak? What does that say about the Gym Leaders? Both Ghetsis and N constantly belittled Alder and didn't seem the least bit impressed by him, and Alder himself was embarrassed at the fact that Cheren casually defeated the Elite Four.

I think it's time that Game Freak changed things around if we're not meant to think of the bosses in the game as a challenge. What they did with N and Ghetsis is a start, but it's not enough.

追放されたバカ

I like Cheren, but Bianca kind of annoys me.
    I also find Cheren more challenging than Bianca.

Bianca is weird, but Cheren is fine. I think they make a perfect couple.

~FerrisWheelShipping~

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    This is a joke right?

Is there a specific reason why you said this?
    Hr probably said it because it's true.
    Joyus distrust is a sign of health. Everything absolute belongs to pathology.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Isn't it sad that Bianca has all eight badges and she still thinks that she's weak? What does that say about the Gym Leaders? Both Ghetsis and N constantly belittled Alder and didn't seem the least bit impressed by him, and Alder himself was embarrassed at the fact that Cheren casually defeated the Elite Four.

I think it's time that Game Freak changed things around if we're not meant to think of the bosses in the game as a challenge. What they did with N and Ghetsis is a start, but it's not enough.
    Notice how at the end, the gym leaders came out to stop a bunch of old men. Even they don't think they're worth much :(

I like both of them, I'm really enjoying the 'friendship' angle in this game

Misunderstood... GhostofLavender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buizelfan! View Post
    I like both of them, I'm really enjoying the 'friendship' angle in this game
    Agreed. I don't see why so many people would rather have yet another snobby/mean rival like Green/Silver. If that's what they got, then they would just complain that the series is getting too repetitive. Hmm. I wonder why? -_-

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofLavender View Post
    Agreed. I don't see why so many people would rather have yet another snobby/mean rival like Green/Silver. If that's what they got, then they would just complain that the series is getting too repetitive. Hmm. I wonder why? -_-
    I agree. It feels much better to have this element of real friendship for once - I, for one, think that it's much more of an experience than some unnecessary and repetitive rivalry and bitterness.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Isn't it sad that Bianca has all eight badges and she still thinks that she's weak?
    I don't recall it being mentioned anywhere, but it says more things about Bianca than anything, that she has low self-esteem. Cheren certainly thought he was strong.

Notice how at the end, the gym leaders came out to stop a bunch of old men. Even they don't think they're worth much :(
    Arrogance on part of the Sages, as the gym leaders mention how they are outnumbered and outmatched in terms of power even if they weren't so plentiful. The individual sages also wouldn't face the gym leaders if there were more than one of them facing them.

As for the Elite 4, three back to back battles, no wonder they're losing.

Blog Entries

I loved Bianca and Cheren. IMO they had the msot character development of all rivals in Pokémon fame so far. Plus, I really liked that whole friendship stuff. Cheren really pulled out a good Í want to be strong' rival type without being a douche. And Bianca is just adorable.

A lone detective takes it upon himself to solve the murder of a young woman, willingly diving into the dangerous web of conspiracies weaved by the feuding mafia families. But after the truth is uncovered, will that city of sin be the same ever again?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    I don't recall it being mentioned anywhere,
    You mean the fact that Bianca has collected all badges? Her name appears on the sign of every Gym.

but it says more things about Bianca than anything, that she has low self-esteem. Cheren certainly thought he was strong.
    Did you mean to say that Cheren thought Bianca was strong (I don't see how his own self-esteem is relevant)? When did he ever imply that?

As for the Elite 4, three back to back battles, no wonder they're losing.
    As opposed to their challengers who had four battles without healing their Pokémon? The point is that everyone knew from the get-go that N and the player would have no problem facing the Elite Four (or Alder in N's case), and Cheren didn't even need to help the player, so his presence in N's castle only added insult to the Elite Four's injury.

For no reason here's Apu Tunsie's Avatar

They had great character development, and they were a nice change from the usual rivals.

With that said I like Blue and Silver better.

Blog Entries

I wish they were more antagonizing.

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    I wish they were more antagonizing.
    I don't. After four generations, the bitterness and general ass-ness of some of the rivals got very, very old for me.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuro View Post
    I don't. After four generations, the bitterness and general ass-ness of some of the rivals got very, very old for me.
    I wouldn't really consider rivals like Berry or Wally/May antagonizing. Sure there's been an ass of a rival in every generation thanks to remakes, but it's not like there was a straight flush of jerks for every generation (post gen 2).

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast