Walking Pokemon Feature? - Page 6

View Poll Results: Would you like the feature of having Pokemon follow you be brought back?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I'd love to have my Pokemon follow me!

112 77.78%
  • No, it's a complete waste of resources.

10 6.94%
  • I don't really care.

22 15.28%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Walking Pokemon Feature?

Default Re: Walking Pokemon Feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokefanforever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    I love having my pokemon walk with me. To be perfectly honest, I was a little angry that in BW and BW2 that was something that was dropped, since it didn't seem to me like something that would be overly difficult to do when they'd already had it in the previous games they released, though I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised, considering Game Freak gives us cool stuff in each generation and then takes it away and replaces it with something else (that's still probably cool, but still...). Since making the change to the 3DS is probably going to take a lot of work, I can understand if the pokemon walking feature doesn't show up in XY, but it sure as heck better be brought back later!
    The problem GF would face with it in 3D, is imagine a Wailord or some legendaries are so large that they would in compass the whole screen. Plus it is a super annoying feature in HG/SS, plus it was only for those games because it had to do with professor Elm's research. I hope to god they don't ever bring it back, IMO.
    God, I thought I was the only one who thought this. Amen to this post. I wouldn't change a single letter of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    The problem GF would face with it in 3D, is imagine a Wailord or some legendaries are so large that they would in compass the whole screen. Plus it is a super annoying feature in HG/SS, plus it was only for those games because it had to do with professor Elm's research. I hope to god they don't ever bring it back, IMO.
    God, I thought I was the only one who thought this. Amen to this post. I wouldn't change a single letter of it.
    I'm not trying to argue or anything, but why do people think it is so annoying?

The 'unShiny' Umbreon! unShinyUmbreon's Avatar

I would love to have this feature return! Although, something tells me that it is going to remain exclusive to certain games, such as remakes, like in HG and SS.

Visit Rozenskye's Youtube Channel

yes i want this feature back too, it was awesome having a pokemon accompany you in your adventures in HG/SS. I'm not keeping my hopes up though since the trailer didn't show any of it. unless it's possible to turn it on and off in game.

Nyx

Do people seriously think Wailord's 3D model is gonna be big enough to cover the entire screen if it's used as a walking pokemon? Cause if that's the case, they should ban it from battling too.
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Y? View Post
    I'm not trying to argue or anything, but why do people think it is so annoying?
    I'm talking for myself: I just like to walk alone, and always having my Pokémon behind me was a nuisance. I don't know, it's like it's occupying space or something. It just bothers me. I like to have all my six Pokémon inside their Pokéballs.
    Pokefanforever likes this.

Well the pokemon will probably be the correct sizes in battle(like in pokemon colesseam which I can' t spell) but outside of battle It wouldn' t work, I mean just try bringing rayquaza into a building. It wouldn't even be able to fit!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

If I remember in HGSS some Pokemon couldnt be brought into buildings and had to stay in their Poke Balls when you were inside, I imagine it would be the same case if the walking feature was in X and Y. I still feel it's worth including and I really like the concept of letting your Pokemon follow you and not simply inside the Poke Ball the whole time, it's kinda boring that way IMO, it enhanced the game experience for me while playing HG/SS and would do the same for myself and many others that enjoy this feature in X and Y.

Yes, walking Pokemon larger than an adult human had to be put into Pokeballs to enter buildings.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Like many other people, I'd love this feature to come back, however looking at the trailers it doesn't seem likely :(

It needs to be brought back, hated how it wasn't in B/W
    it feels like we aren't interacting with our Pokemon as much as we should if that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Paris View Post
    it feels like we aren't interacting with our Pokemon as much as we should if that makes any sense.
    If the feature was in B/W, then there wouldn't have been a reason to have Team Plasma in the game because wasn't their whole mission to have Pokemon free from poke balls? That would have been giving the bad guys what they wanted.

Nyx

If the feature was in B/W, then there wouldn't have been a reason to have Team Plasma in the game because wasn't their whole mission to have Pokemon free from poke balls? That would have been giving the bad guys what they wanted.
    They wanted Pokemon to be completely separated from their trainers, not to be kept outside their Pokeballs. That wouldn't make any sense.

Oop, You have a point actually, although I didn't know that, I really have to replay Gen 5 and pay attention.
    I'm shocked that was there goal cause if it was I agree with them. :P

Edit: Oh thanks for clearing that up, Mr. Warrior.

Blog Entries

I don't see why it shouldn't be brought back as an optional feature. It seems the majority are in favour of bringing it back - and for the few who don't want it, they would have the option to disable it. But this argument applies to many, many features past and present of the Pokemon games.

All I know is that when my Snorlax was walking with me in HeartGold, I felt boss.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast