Walking Pokemon Feature? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Would you like the feature of having Pokemon follow you be brought back?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I'd love to have my Pokemon follow me!

112 77.78%
  • No, it's a complete waste of resources.

10 6.94%
  • I don't really care.

22 15.28%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Walking Pokemon Feature?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Walking Pokemon Feature?

I love having my pokemon walk with me. To be perfectly honest, I was a little angry that in BW and BW2 that was something that was dropped, since it didn't seem to me like something that would be overly difficult to do when they'd already had it in the previous games they released, though I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised, considering Game Freak gives us cool stuff in each generation and then takes it away and replaces it with something else (that's still probably cool, but still...). Since making the change to the 3DS is probably going to take a lot of work, I can understand if the pokemon walking feature doesn't show up in XY, but it sure as heck better be brought back later!

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

I hated that feature. I found it so annoying. If they're going to bring it back, make it optional.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    I love having my pokemon walk with me. To be perfectly honest, I was a little angry that in BW and BW2 that was something that was dropped, since it didn't seem to me like something that would be overly difficult to do when they'd already had it in the previous games they released, though I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised, considering Game Freak gives us cool stuff in each generation and then takes it away and replaces it with something else (that's still probably cool, but still...). Since making the change to the 3DS is probably going to take a lot of work, I can understand if the pokemon walking feature doesn't show up in XY, but it sure as heck better be brought back later!
    The problem GF would face with it in 3D, is imagine a Wailord or some legendaries are so large that they would in compass the whole screen. Plus it is a super annoying feature in HG/SS, plus it was only for those games because it had to do with professor Elm's research. I hope to god they don't ever bring it back, IMO.
    Anser likes this.

Couldn't care less if the feature was put in or not. I'm not a huge fan of it. It's neat I guess, but I don't understand the huge appeal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokefanforever View Post
    The problem GF would face with it in 3D, is imagine a Wailord or some legendaries are so large that they would in compass the whole screen.
    Just want to point something out: In DPP, they had that garden in Hearthome City where you could walk around with your Pokémon, but only 'cute' ones. If they did something like this for the new games (I doubt it since we haven't seen anything like it so far), they could make it to where you can only have small Pokémon follow you around.

Probably not going to happen in XY if you look at the pictures and stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor jokool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokefanforever View Post
    The problem GF would face with it in 3D, is imagine a Wailord or some legendaries are so large that they would in compass the whole screen.
    Just want to point something out: In DPP, they had that garden in Hearthome City where you could walk around with your Pokémon, but only 'cute' ones. If they did something like this for the new games (I doubt it since we haven't seen anything like it so far), they could make it to where you can only have small Pokémon follow you around.
    True, if you read my entire post, then you would that I found the feature to be, so annoying that I didn't even want to play SS. Even if they made the feature optional they could use that data and just had better post game features.

What is so anonying about the feature? I enjoyed it. It was cool to see a different view of the popkemon following you around, looking for shiny leaves, etc. I would like them to bring it bacdk, or at least make it optional.

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

While I'd love for this to return, I'm afraid with the new 3D models in the games, there won't be enough data to fit in following Pokémon (And remember, the overworld is in 3D, unlike HG/SS). Plus, we didn't see any following Pokémon in the trailer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    While I'd love for this to return, I'm afraid with the new 3D models in the games, there won't be enough data to fit in following Pokémon (And remember, the overworld is in 3D, unlike HG/SS).
    The fact that every single Pokemon has a 3D model actually means it'll take less data to fit in following Pokemon, since they can use the battle models rather than having to create separate overworld sprites like in the earlier games.
    Bill Cipher likes this.

I believe it should be optional. To have it in Ur menu, Ur main rival introduces the feature to U in the first city or so.
    Of course it will be hard to do it cause of the 3D settings but put some effort into it! XD

I think it would be fun to see the feature again but with a modification; you get to choose which Pokemon it is in your team that follows you around. For reasons such as, if you had a Togepi in your team that you wanted a friendship boost with but it was last in your party because you're levelling it up with an Exp. Share or just because you don't necessarily want the first Pokemon in your party to be the one that follows you, for whatever other reason you may have.

I also think it might be interesting to have them at their proper sizes as well, and have reactions from strangers (background NPCs) when you pass them with your Pokemon, like commenting "Cute!" or "Scary!". I know that might sound like even more hassle but it would be something I'd like. Although 'actual' size Pokemon would likely mean you can't have certain Pokemon following you (i.e. Regigigas, Wailord, etc).

And I think it should be optional whether you are followed or not, so that people who don't like/want to be followed, can leave the option off if they wish; maybe in the same menu you open to check on your team? (You know, the sub-menu to use TMs and check stats).
    Last edited by FreyaChobit; 14th January 2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Additional comment added
    YamiiDenryuu and Ninja-Mage like this.
    Kaguya★
    0132-1930-0945

(Feel free to message me, if you'd like to trade; I'm just not able to always guarantee my availability).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FreyaChobit View Post
    I also think it might be interesting to have them at their proper sizes as well, and have reactions from strangers (background NPCs) when you pass them with your Pokemon, like commenting "Cute!" or "Scary!". I know that might sound like even more hassle but it would be something I'd like. Although 'actual' size Pokemon would likely mean you can't have certain Pokemon following you (i.e. Regigigas, Wailord, etc).
    BW and BW2 kinda had some speech bubbles pop up in certain areas. tbh it would be kind of weird walking through a town and have a screen covered in that. Maybe have it happen if you stand in one place during for about 30 seconds or during a conversation and have NPCs who just scroll by say something.
    FreyaChobit likes this.
    Personal Youtube: TerraTF

Follow my Pokemon Y Nuzlocke here

Shinies are just a palette swap. If its not bred well, don't use it.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I would love this feature to return. I liked it in Yellow and I was so happy to see it finally come back in HG/SS. I would be perfectly fine with making it optional so that people who don't want to have their Pokemon following them around wouldn't have to deal with it. Unfortunately, I don't think that it's likely to happen at least in these games since making so that all Pokemon can follow you might be too technically difficult to pull off. If they could do it, then I would be really happy.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    While I'd love for this to return, I'm afraid with the new 3D models in the games, there won't be enough data to fit in following Pokémon (And remember, the overworld is in 3D, unlike HG/SS).
    The fact that every single Pokemon has a 3D model actually means it'll take less data to fit in following Pokemon, since they can use the battle models rather than having to create separate overworld sprites like in the earlier games.
    My thoughts exactly. In this case, it's not a matter of time any longer since they can just add a two-step walking or hovering animation to the Pokemon's 3D models. Instead, it's a case of literal processing resources.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast