Walking Pokemon Feature? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Would you like the feature of having Pokemon follow you be brought back?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I'd love to have my Pokemon follow me!

112 77.78%
  • No, it's a complete waste of resources.

10 6.94%
  • I don't really care.

22 15.28%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Pokemon Feature?

Default Re: Walking Pokemon Feature?

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by defensive bastiodon View Post
    If you look closely on the shoulder of the female (I guess) character while she crossing the bridge, she has a Bidoof beaver type Pokemon on her shoulder. Perhaps the feature is there, it can just be turned on and off.
    I'm pretty sure that's her hair you're looking at.
    Lol. Thanks for that. She's got some thick hair then.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they only allowed the starters and their evolutions to walk around, for whatever reason. Maybe your starter is special and likes being outside of its ball?
    I'd love to see this! They can also have overworld sprites for all the past starters and pikachu.
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

It's the only thing HGSS did good in my opinion. I'd miss it, but it isn't necessary.

I personally wouldn't want it, like others said it is a complete waste. I couldn't even play HG/SS because it was annoying. Leave the extra space for pre/post gameplay

I doubt we'll get it this time around. Hopefully for the RSE remakes we will though.
    (I am "vulpix" in the bulbagarden irc chat! Come talk to me!) (I like black women!)

I'd like to see it return but I won't be disappointed if it doesn't.

Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Of course walking Pokemon isn't a necessary feature, but it's one fans have missed greatly since HGSS and I can't imagine it'd be too difficult to add in. I'd certainly love it if it were an optional feature - those who don't want it can turn it off.

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll be honest here; I think it would be cool, but I don't really see it as being practical. I mean, it's WAY too much work to the developers. Think about it. They have to make walking, 3D models of probably over 700 different Pokemon. The size will probably be a factor as well. I don't know... It's not that I don't want it, it's just that I don't see it happening.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherLeafeon View Post
    I'll be honest here; I think it would be cool, but I don't really see it as being practical. I mean, it's WAY too much work to the developers. Think about it. They have to make walking, 3D models of probably over 700 different Pokemon. The size will probably be a factor as well. I don't know... It's not that I don't want it, it's just that I don't see it happening.
    They'd use the samd models they use inbattle simple, no need to make separate models
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherLeafeon View Post
    I don't see why they can't use the models they already have for battles for walking as well. Size and scale might be an issue, but I don't think any but a few would have to be completely redone.

I would really like to see that feature return, but I very much doubt that it will. Perhaps we will see it again one day, but probably not for XY.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelPerfect View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    Really couldn't care less.
    Even though 3DS cartridges can hold, what, up to 16 times as much data as a DS's (at least according to Wikipedia), polygons are more complex than basic sprites. So it's not totally necessary. Nor do I really think it's going to happen.
    If all of them are going to have models programmed in the game anyway, it shouldn't make that much of a difference having then run around following you than having them fighting each other. One mon, one model - it doesn't need to be overcomplicated with multiple models of the same Pokemon.
    Good point. I was thinking they could possibly make only your starter follow you. Sort of like how PMD 1 only had character portraits only for the starting Pokemon.
    -The flames will burn on...

Well GF has been developing these games since around Black and White, right? So they've been working on these games for quite a while, and the 3D pokédex provided us kind of an an insight in what to expect for Gen 6. They've already made models for all these pokémon in battle, and if they want to have such an emphasis on bonding with pokémon why not let them out of their pokéballs? I know it's a very slim chance, but perhaps they do have walking pokémon but are hiding it thus far. Maybe each pokémon will have a pokéball beside their name on the status screen, and tapping it allows you to let them out and follow you.
    Of course, this is all just a desparate speculation from a fan who loves any sort of interaction with their pokémon.
    Not much of a prediction, but more of what I want.

Well GF has been developing these games since around Black and White, right? So they've been working on these games for quite a while, and the 3D pokédex provided us kind of an an insight in what to expect for Gen 6. They've already made models for all these pokémon in battle, and if they want to have such an emphasis on bonding with pokémon why not let them out of their pokéballs? I know it's a very slim chance, but perhaps they do have walking pokémon but are hiding it thus far. Maybe each pokémon will have a pokéball beside their name on the status screen, and tapping it allows you to let them out and follow you.
    Of course, this is all just a desparate speculation from a fan who loves any sort of interaction with their pokémon.
    Not much of a prediction, but more of what I want.

Blog Entries

It was something really memorable from HGSS, personally, so I'd love it if it were to come back. Plus, it would enhance the 3D feel and make things more real-ish, and further underline the "bonding with pokémon" thing that seems to be a focus for this generation.

Though I'm not sure if they have the time and resources for that. Gen 6 isn't, after all, hosted on the platform that's it's been on for about 5 years (???). It's a completely new platform, and 3D too, so I imagine it'd entail a bit more work.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast