Walking Pokemon Feature?

View Poll Results: Would you like the feature of having Pokemon follow you be brought back?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I'd love to have my Pokemon follow me!

112 77.78%
  • No, it's a complete waste of resources.

10 6.94%
  • I don't really care.

22 15.28%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Pokemon Feature?

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Walking Pokemon Feature?

HeartGold and SoulSilver introduced the feature of having the Pokemon that is first in your party follow you. This feature was not implemented in B/W and B2/W2, much to the disappointment of fans. With Pokemon X and Pokemon Y having a 3D overworld, do you think that such a feature could possibly be brought back? The trailer unfortunately didn't show any Pokemon following the PC. Would you want this feature to be brought back?

Default Re: Walking Pokemon Feature?

If they would include this it could be so much cooler than it was in HG/SS with the 3D overworld and 3D Pokemon. I want to see a 3D Pokemon walking behind me or beside me, I was disapointed that it wasn't in BW.

Blog Entries

It'd be nice enough, I guess, but it's hardly practical. There are going to be over 700 Pokémon by the time X/Y comes out, and they have to put them all into 3D and animate them for everything they do (all the move animations for a start) and so on. Asking them to do overworld versions may be overly strenuous for them, in my opinion. I'd say that the trailer was a fair indication that the walking Pokémon feature isn't going to be included again.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

I'd like to see the walking Pokemon come back, since it kind of makes the Pokemon feel more like companions than just battlers. Plus, it'd be nice to have more opportunities to see your Pokemon in 3D, even outside of battle. It was a nice feature back in HGSS that deserves another chance, but as to whether or not it WILL happen, I doubt it based on the trailer.

I want it back, I can't believe GF ditched such an awesome feature! :c
    No Pokemon are seen following the PCs in the trailer which makes me worry.

Blog Entries

While it was a nice (okay, awesome) feature, I have my doubts it'll return. Unless the trailer we saw was still just a beta form or something like that, I doubt it'll return (at least for this game duo). It was fun to see my main Mon following me, but considering, by then, there will be at least 700 Pokemon total, it may be a little tough. But, on the flip side, with the evolution into the 3DS and its improved graphics and style, it wouldn't be impossible. Difficult, but not impossible. But... I don't think it'll happen, or at least right now. Maybe a third version or the RS remakes will do that, but I have my doubts it'll show up here. Still, it would be pretty cool if it did.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

Perhaps they're saving this for possible Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Blog Entries

Really couldn't care less.
    Even though 3DS cartridges can hold, what, up to 16 times as much data as a DS's (at least according to Wikipedia), polygons are more complex than basic sprites. So it's not totally necessary. Nor do I really think it's going to happen.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

YES please yes it should come back it was one of the best features in any pokemon game you could really connect with your pokemon and even talk to them, it was just so awsome watching them fly or crawl behind you.

I won't bite... Emerald-eyed Sableye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes yes yes and more yes, it was one of my favorite features and I was so upset that it had been removed in Black and White. Also as always make optional for those who wouldn't like it.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

God forgives, I don't. SinCosTan's Avatar

I'd like it to come back personally. I would also like to choose which Pokemon come out instead of just the lead Pokemon. While we're at it let's select the amount of Pokemon that come out. We could choose 1,2,3 or all 6 if we wanted to! I would like the ability to choose whether or not they stay in their Pokeball. The problem with HGSS is that sometimes I would have liked to keep my lead in their ball.

I would personally love to have all 6 out at one time. Especially when confronting the evil team. It would be so cool to have your full team of fully evolved badasses by your side showing you mean business. The protagonist could make a face that says, "Fuck with us...I DARE YOU!"
    When you find yourself in hell, dance with the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    Really couldn't care less.
    Even though 3DS cartridges can hold, what, up to 16 times as much data as a DS's (at least according to Wikipedia), polygons are more complex than basic sprites. So it's not totally necessary. Nor do I really think it's going to happen.
    If all of them are going to have models programmed in the game anyway, it shouldn't make that much of a difference having then run around following you than having them fighting each other. One mon, one model - it doesn't need to be overcomplicated with multiple models of the same Pokemon.

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I heard that the team that worked on BW was different from the one for HGSS which is why many of the remake's features weren't in BW.

From the trailer it seems that there will be a lot of actions the player character will be doing while exploring the region, such as swinging from vines in jungles (unless that was a gym). If walking Pokemon does come back I imagine the game will accommodate for these segments by withdrawing the Pokemon back into its Pokeball.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

The Killy Killy Joker Kanon Shirogane's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is a feature that i'd like back a whole lot, but i don't think it's likely given the 3D sprites and the fact that No Pokemon were seen folloing the PC's.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Leave it in the remakes.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast