Victini Wi-Fi Event Announced - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Victini Wi-Fi Event Announced

Follow Daxdiv On Twitter

Default Re: Victini Wi-Fi Event Announced

Hooray, consistent events throughout the regions. This does make me wonder if we'll see things like the Mystery Egg, Zuruggu, and Bark-Out Zoroark, since TCPi seems to be on top on certain event mons recently.

Blog Entries

Well, from the sound of this, it sounds like the non-important countries doesn't get this privilege, which is a bummer (Correct me if other countries are able to get it as well, I am not familiar with it).

(I am glad no one's complaining about the name change from Liberty Ticket to Liberty Pass. Yes, it's the same, but it's nice to know that no one here is that nitpicky.)

Thanks for reading.
    “Detachment does not consist in setting fire to one's house, or becoming bankrupt or throwing one's fortune out of the window, or even giving away all of one's possessions. Detachment consists in refraining from letting our possessions possess us.”

Bonus articles: Ice-type Reviews - Generation 1 (23/10/2014)

Blog Entries

Speaking of that, they changed the name of the Bulbapedia article but didn't add the dates.

Someone should fix that.
    JP White FC: Joey 5457 5199 6851
    EN Black FC: Lipanda 3825 7876 0484

No it's Dr. Strange, love Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    Well, from the sound of this, it sounds like the non-important countries doesn't get this privilege, which is a bummer (Correct me if other countries are able to get it as well, I am not familiar with it).

(I am glad no one's complaining about the name change from Liberty Ticket to Liberty Pass. Yes, it's the same, but it's nice to know that no one here is that nitpicky.)

Thanks for reading.
    To be fair, "Pass" makes more sense, because you can visit the Liberty Island multiple times (Although once you catch Victini, it's a bit pointless to). A "Ticket" makes people think of a one-time only thing.

Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

I'm glad they're moving to Wi-Fi -- not everyone can get to the places where the event is being held (I'm looking at you, Toys 'R' Us.) Hopefully this bodes well for the PAL regions.

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    I'm glad they're moving to Wi-Fi -- not everyone can get to the places where the event is being held (I'm looking at you, Toys 'R' Us.) Hopefully this bodes well for the PAL regions.
    I don't know what makes you think that. They've put all the released event items in Gen IV through WiFi (and conveniently ignores Arceus for the rest of us) including Rotom's Secret Key event. They're putting on WiFi all the important Pokémon for their advertising campaign, but I doubt they'd do that for movie promotions and from the looks of it, all Event Pokemon seem to have been set up as movie promotions. The only in-game events they have only activate once their in the game and there's no backstory on their capture. The only reason I can see them justify this with Victini is that it has an exclusive move.

I was lucky to get PCP from Europe's Wifi event, now I don't know what I'm going to do in Gen VI if wifi events get region-locked, but as for now, live in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    I was lucky to get PCP from Europe's Wifi event, now I don't know what I'm going to do in Gen VI if wifi events get region-locked, but as for now, live in the present.
    Fortunately, things seem to be looking up for Canada in terms of retail events at either Gamestop or TRU since we're getting the Beasts & Celebi and Ash's Pikachu. And we'll always get the Wi-Fi events even if they're region-locked (though I think the chance is almost nil) as we'll simply share the US ones and TPCi isn't going to ignore the US.

Quote Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
    Fortunately, things seem to be looking up for Canada in terms of retail events at either Gamestop or TRU since we're getting the Beasts & Celebi and Ash's Pikachu. And we'll always get the Wi-Fi events even if they're region-locked (though I think the chance is almost nil) as we'll simply share the US ones and TPCi isn't going to ignore the US.
    I was more or less talking about retail events that turn WiFi for Europe, and I do hope that this is a continuing trend with retailers.

A E I Own You. PikachuColoredPichu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
    That's 'cuz none of the European Beasts have been up yet, and won't start 'til February 7th. Honestly, this was all covered (about 2 dozen times) in the Bulbanews thread.

The Gamestop ones will still be rarer, though. Everyone is gonna have the Wi-Fi Beasts coming out their ears, whereas the ones with OT: GAMESTP will be harder to come by.
    I don't have time to read forum posts.
    Official Claimer of Himself

Blog Entries
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PikachuColoredPichu View Post
    Objection! There is a contradiction in your statement!
    You say you have no time to read forum posts, yet not only did you just read one, but you replied to it as well!

[/TooMuchPhoenixWrightToday]

God forgives, I don't. SinCosTan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PikachuColoredPichu View Post
    Then why the hell are you on a forum?
    When you find yourself in hell, dance with the devil.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Shoji View Post
    To be fair, "Pass" makes more sense, because you can visit the Liberty Island multiple times (Although once you catch Victini, it's a bit pointless to). A "Ticket" makes people think of a one-time only thing.
    You can still hatch Pokémon eggs in that location after catching Victini, so it isn't as pointless as you think.

About the name of the key item, I prefer 'Liberty Ticket'; the point that you're trying to make isn't as valid as you think because in past games, some key items labelled as 'tickets' -even in the non-Japanese localizations- allowed the player character to return to the location which they unlocked. For example, there are the Eon Ticket (only in Emerald), the Aurora and the Mystic Tickets.
    = Breeding projects =

Current: Togepi 31-30-30-31-31-31 - Bold - HP Ice | Last: Exeggcute 31-26-31-30-31-30 - Timid - HP Fire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RudolphMilotic View Post
    You can still hatch Pokémon eggs in that location after catching Victini, so it isn't as pointless as you think.
    I know you can; but that's only a very minor detail. Still pretty pointless to revisit it, unless you want to hatch eggs in event-only locations to taunt people who check your team but haven't had the events xD

About the name of the key item, I prefer 'Liberty Ticket'; the point that you're trying to make isn't as valid as you think because in past games, some key items labelled as 'tickets' -even in the non-Japanese localizations- allowed the player character to return to the location which they unlocked. For example, there are the Eon Ticket (only in Emerald), the Aurora and the Mystic Tickets.
    Yeah, I know they allowed you to return. However, "Pass" makes it sound more likely to allow for repeat travel. But we all know the most important reason is:

Liberty Ticket = 14 Characters
    Liberty Pass = 12 Characters

So they wouldn't be able to fit Liberty Ticket.

Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Ultimately, I think Ryu Shoji is correct -- it's probably more for the space restrictions than anything else. Although the word "pass" is a better descriptor.

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Its still the same thing: a ticket for a boat to go catch a pokemon

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast