VG Weekly Poll #55 Do you like the shaking spots feature in Black/White? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you like the "shaking spots" feature in Black/White?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Rarer Pokémon and Audino, what's not to love?

62 80.52%
  • Meh, I never really bothered with them.

9 11.69%
  • No! I could never get the right Pokémon, and Audino suck!

6 7.79%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #55 Do you like the shaking spots feature in Black/White?

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #55 Do you like the shaking spots feature in Black/White?

I like them. Audino are quire useful for grinding, and finding rarer pokemon is always a plus.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

Lost in the numbers :S Jacko19863's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #55 Do you like the shaking spots feature in Black/White?

I Like them in water, Because I prefer White, But like red basculins. I also like emolgas & Zebstrikas. Not much of an audino fan, So I use them for grinding. I once used a lv 21 snivy on a 23 audino. My snivy level'd up twice :3

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I didn't really care much about them because they're hard to wait for - so I simply just went around on my business and only walked through it when I see one. I didn't deliberately wait for one to appear (cuz all I get is audinos).

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

A great idea. From Audino grinding to searching for the elusive Tyranitar in the wild, just like the poll says, "What's not to like?"
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Avatar By: BlueDragon Icee071399's Avatar

I like them. You can find more rarer Pokemon and its gives the games something new.

Credit to the Power Of Aura for the awesome signature! Visit Aura's Art Shop for Banners, Signatures, and much more! :)
    White FC: 0691-2670-9787 SoulSilver FC: 3955-4434-6434

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator

I quite like the shaking spots for Audino grinding. I like finding the occasional rare Pokemon too. I do not like swirling dust. Usually I'm trying to get to the end of the cave with repel and OHAI IM DRILBUR wow go away.
    trade station
    art gallery
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

Yes. Audinos are excellent for grinding.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I like the concept, but I think the execution is a little lacking. They're already rare, so giving certain Pokémon a 5% encounter rate compared to Audino's 95% is pretty silly.

Blog Entries

Yes, I like them. Not only are they a great way to get quick EXP, especially for lower level Pokemon, but they're a great way (and sometimes the only way) to find rare or even impossible-to-find Pokemon. If you asked about my favorite version of the shaking grass (shaking grass, swirling dust, surf spots), I'd have to go with swirling dust. No only can you find a useful and/or rare Pokemon, but the bonus of possibly finding items like Gems and Stones makes the hunt more fun, especially for treasure hunters like myself. So I'd have to say yes. It can be a bit time consuming to wait for the grass/dust/spots to occur, but all for the sake of a perfect team and a complete PokeDex.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I like them. They're really useful with finding Audino, which are a great way to level up a low-level Pokemon, and with finding rare Pokemon. I didn't go out of my way to look for them, but it's definitely a useful feature.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Of course, it makes finding rarer Pokemon easier, but it also makes EV training harder since Audino gives you the wrong EV points on a Pokemon you're training.

I love it, because of the audino, which is a great way of level grinding, especially in the early portion of the game. The only other time I would look for the skaking grass if I was looking for one of the elemental monkeys, emolgas, etc.

Blog Entries

It was an okay feature in Black & White, because it helped with the grinding.

In Black 2 & White 2 it was vastly improved, since now you can find pretty good Pokémon in the shaking spots.

Blog Entries

I love them. Sure, I don't always get good Pokémon when I dive into those things, but it's awesome when I do. And even when you don't, Audino do grant a lot of exp, which is invaluable, especially at the earlier portion of the game wherein you always seem to be running behind level-wise. Plus, they're very visually amusing.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    It was an okay feature in Black & White, because it helped with the grinding.

In Black 2 & White 2 it was vastly improved, since now you can find pretty good Pokémon in the shaking spots.
    This pretty much. Although I never really cared about it in B/W, in B/W2 it's much more rewarding to take a look.
    They will make pigs of you all and they will bury their snouts into your ribs and they will eat your hearts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast