VG Weekly Poll #54 Have you used a player character of the opposite gender? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Have you used a player character of the opposite gender to your own?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

76 66.09%
  • No

23 20.00%
  • I was a girl playing in Gen I-II; I had no choice.

16 13.91%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #54 Have you used a player character of the opposite gender?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #54 Have you used a player character of the opposite gender?

Yes I have, when it comes to playing both versions of a gen game.

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #54 Have you used a player character of the opposite gender?

Yes, a couple of times. Just to try it for a change. Although I ended up spending way too much time thinking of a decent girl's name since my own name isn't gender-neutral and it's what I normally use for the player character.

shhhhh.
    Blog Entries

Follow Parma on Tumblr

I have played as the opposite gender back in the days of RBY and GSC.

But when the gender option came into being, I chose the female player characters and never looked back.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

Ever since 2003, I've always chose to play as a boy character, even though I'm a girl. In every game that offers a gender option, even outside of Pokemon.

Crystal and Ruby were the only games I played as a girl in. It's because I can't stand the disgusting fanservice all the girls have been, and I don't want to play Pokemon dressed like a-- OKAY basically it makes me mad and I rant. o3o; That and I very much prefer the boys looks, they're so much cooler.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries
    Follow GoldeenTail On Twitter Add GoldeenTail on MySpace
    Follow GoldeenTail on Tumblr

I played Red once in a run of LG, and Lucas in Pl, also Ethan in an 80% finished run of SS.

WOW TRANSFORMERS IS A DUMB SERIES LOL. GT GROW THE FUCK UP.
    Tumblr / My eggs /My blog / deviantart

I only have in one game: Knights of the Old Republic II, and that was to go with canon. But seeing as this poll is about in Pokemon games, the answer is no.

Waiting for Hoenn remake We'reBlastinOffAgain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Played Yellow. Didn't have a choice. But any other time I used the female character. Although I used the male character for my first time playing Sapphire.
    HeartGold FC- 3697 3834 7354
    Platinum FC- 3826 2943 9809
    Black FC- 2623 7586 3462

Don't mess with L!

Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

I was a girl on White since I already had Black and was a guy on there. Not bad, just annoying with the bright pink C-Gear.

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Up until BW2, I have not played as the male player. I'm a girl, so I always picked the girl. I'm picking the boy in BW2 because I really, really don't like Mei (she's so...frilly...).

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

My first game was Pokemon Silver, so I didn't really have a choice in the matter. Even so, I still play as the male trainer. Since I always get both sets of games, I use one game to play as the female trainer and the other one to play as the male trainer. It's normally the first game in the set playing as the girl with the second one as the boy. I do it mainly for the fun of it and so that there would be more of a difference between playing the two versions for me. Plus, there have a been a couple of male trainer designs that I've liked, mainly the design for the male trainer in Black.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

My natural option is to choose the male, although I am OK with choosing the female sometimes.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

I have, although these files weren't meant to last long. However, in Black 2/White 2, I might play as Mei instead. I dislike Kyouhei and Mei looks pretty well-designed.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2752 | 2583 | 3814

Blog Entries

I've played as Lyra in Soul Silver once, so yes. I might have done it a couple other games as well, but I can't remember.

If I ever restart White, I do plan on playing as Hilda just so I can see her more...

I could use some toast... Sparks21's Avatar
    Add Sparks21 on Facebook

Personally Kyouhei looks extremely ridiculous for the male character so i really have no choice now, i guess im going to have to play as Mei in B2/W2 So yeah, i will play as an opposite gender character

I tell you hwat <3

Blog Entries

I adore the male character designs, so yes.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast