VG Weekly Poll #53 Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did? - Page 7

View Poll Results: Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I think around 150 is a good amount for it to bring.

46 35.66%
  • No - 150 is way too many after Gen V's 150.

62 48.06%
  • No - I want more than 150 new ones in Gen VI! The more pokemon the better!

21 16.28%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #53 Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did?

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #53 Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did?

More pokemon is always better, but im worried that they wouldnt be able to sensibly and effectively integrate the old pokemon into the region if it was also full of a huge number of new ones.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Default Re: How many Pokemon will there be in Generation VI?

Quote Originally Posted by skaraflame View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dino97 View Post
    I have a feeling that there won't be too many new ones this time.....
    I mean, last time we got 156 because in B/W there were no gen 1-4 pokes present.
    However, this trailer showed Pokemon from most generations(Dratini, Mienfoo, Kirlia, Munchlax....)
    Plus, these games seem rushed a bit.
    So, i think that we will get less than 100 pokes (I don't think that it's bad, i don't want 1000+ Pokemon soon enough anyway....)
    Explain how they seem rushed?
    The gap between the American B2/W2 and X/Y will be shorter than a year! It's not a third version after all! There are new maps to be created, and everything has to be ready in 3d and in all languages in less than a year. That's why it's rushed.

Blog Entries

I think it's probably somewhere between 101 - 121 new Pokémon, because it'll round it off at an even number (101 giving us 750 total). They're not going to want to bombard us with a whole lot of Pokémon, though, because it'll have been such a short space of time after the end of Gen V (which I'm sad to see going, actually: Gen V was great). I think in and around 101 would be reasonable enough, personally.

Blog Entries

I think around 110 to 120 is a good number to have, since it appears that this region will have Pokémon from other regions unlike BW Unova.

I mean, last time we got 156 because in B/W there were no gen 1-4 pokes present.
    However, this trailer showed Pokemon from most generations(Dratini, Mienfoo, Kirlia, Munchlax....)
    So, i think that we will get less than 100 pokes (I don't think that it's bad, i don't want 1000+ Pokemon soon enough anyway....)
    The gap between the American B2/W2 and X/Y will be shorter than a year! It's not a third version after all! There are new maps to be created, and everything has to be ready in 3d and in all languages in less than a year. That's why it's rushed.
    May I interrupt you? Well, it'll be too soon for new games if we count from BW2 but think: Game Freak had their team expanded with hiring new stuff some time ago. What if BW2 were developed by small part of that team (they had to just update original BW 'cuz BW2 are like the third version split in two) and the major part was working on XY. Because it's not that they finish BW2 and only then start to make XY. They just finished the third version without putting much in it while working hard on an XY. That's what I think

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
    151 new Pokemon, because I want a nice even 800...
    Same here. It'd be awesome to get up to 800 this gen.

Like everyone was expecting, apparently there will be over 700 (which also confirms that there won't be 800 which I don't think too many thought would happen anyway).

- In addition to existing Pokemon, there will be a large number of completely new Pokemon. The additions will bring the total number of Pokemon in the franchise from the current 649 to over 700.
    - Because of Pokemon X and Y, the Pokemon anime, movies, card game, and merchandise will “break into a new dimension.”
    - People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience “Real Play.” (I’m assuming this is referring to the game’s global October release.)
    - The game will utilize the 3DS to its maximum abilities to leverage its overwhelmingly beautiful presentation.
    - The game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world.
    - The bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure.
    - Everyone will enjoy the game’s scenario and music.

Pokemon X and Y to boost franchise to over 700 Pokemon - Gematsu
    Silktree and SnorlaxMonster like this.

Forever Lacking Rhythm Konoko Hasano's Avatar

Curious as to what they mean by a large number. That can't possibly compare to Gen V's number, can it? I'm generally expecting anywhere between 125 to 140.

My friend thinks it's around 52 Pokemon. But I think it's somewhere around the 100's at the very least.

Follow vulpix On Twitter Add vulpix on Google+
    Follow vulpix on Tumblr

I think it will be closer to Johto's smaller addition. With black and white they said they were specifically trying to make everything new.
    (I am "vulpix" in the bulbagarden irc chat! Come talk to me!) (I like black women!)

Blog Entries

124. 110 new standard pokemon, 12 new "normal" legendaries, and 2 event legendaries.

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL. Branellope's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Branellope On Twitter Add Branellope on Facebook
    Follow Branellope on Tumblr Visit Branellope's Youtube Channel

Pfft, HGSS came out in Europe and America AFTER Zorua and Zoroark were announced. They were 6 months apart, this is a whole year apart.

[SIZE=5]Check this wicked Pokémon battle AND this EPIC PR video.[SIZE]

I claimed Noivern omg <3

"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" - Serebii
    "I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim" - Bring Me The Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart

Crobatman's Sidekick Fletchling's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #53 Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did?

Of course they should, especially if they do evolutions from past gens. As they say, the more the merrier.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

I don't mind if there isn't as many Pokemon as Gen V brought, just as long as we receive a generous amount of Pokemon. I would like to receive atleast 120-130 Pokemon this generation.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I don't have a problem with 150 more. I guess those who are forgetful would, though.
    I expect at least 100 new ones to be released. I'd be satisfied with that.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast