VG Weekly Poll #53 Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I think around 150 is a good amount for it to bring.

46 35.66%
  • No - 150 is way too many after Gen V's 150.

62 48.06%
  • No - I want more than 150 new ones in Gen VI! The more pokemon the better!

21 16.28%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #53 Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did?

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #53 Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did?

The more the marrier I say as long as they're are original in both design and background.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #53 Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did?

Ultimately, I don't really care how many they bring in, but I'm leaning more towards no. I feel like around 120-ish could be a good enough number of new Pokemon. I won't mind if they do have 150+ again, though, just as long as they have some interesting designs. I'd rather have around 120 well-designed Pokemon, rather than 150+ poorly designed ones that look like hardly any thought was put into them.

Blog Entries

I'd like it to be less than 150. As Gen 5 was all new, they should flesh it out a bit more (prevos and evos) before introducing another flood of new pokémon. Also, I think that fewer new pokémon (and therefore more time and focus for each one) will allow them to come up with better concepts.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wonder if GF will create new Pokémon forever, we have 649 and counting. In BW2 I was barely able to define my team, there were too many to choose, and I had to ditch a lot of Pokémon I'd like to use.

At this point, I prefer quality over quantity. I don't mind if they introduce only 30 Pokémon as long as they are awesome. I prefer this over 150 new lamemons to send to the PC boxes.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Default How many Pokemon will there be in Generation VI?

I believe around 720-750 total Pokemon. However I think they may add Pokemon throughout the Generation via patches for download on the 3DS.
    Last edited by Abomasnow; 8th January 2013 at 08:20 PM.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: How many Pokemon will there be in Generation VI?

I think there may be around 100 or so Pokemon, I can't see there being 150. I think Pokemon will be added via DLC, but we'll start the generation with fewer in the games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goomba View Post
    I believe around 720-750 new Pokemon.
    You meant to write Pokémon overall, meaning 70-100 new Pokémon. But I agree with your general assessment: They could introduce 80-100 new Pokémon and then expand the generation halfway through by adding 25-40 more Pokémon. In that case, though, I don't see the added Pokémon being merely downloaded, but rather introduced in new games and added to the previous versions via DLC patches.

We don't need to have 120 new Pokémon right off the bat. They will be more interesting if they aren't all introduced at once.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goomba View Post
    I believe around 720-750 new Pokemon.
    You meant to write Pokémon overall, meaning 70-100 new Pokémon. But I agree with your general assessment: They could introduce 80-100 new Pokémon and then expand the generation halfway through by adding 25-40 more Pokémon. In that case, though, I don't see the added Pokémon being merely downloaded, but rather introduced in new games and added to the previous versions via DLC patches.

We don't need to have 120 new Pokémon right off the bat. They will be more interesting if they aren't all introduced at once.
    Agreed. GameFreak can really string along the fan base if they release DLC regularly, and could definitely build a lot of hype around new Pokemon even after the main series game has been out for a year or two. The thought of expansion is really exciting.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

75-115

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They should definitely do the Event Legendaries as true DLC now, at least.

Have placeholders for them, but no actual identifiable data...but fill the game with little hints and such about what they are, maybe cameos and such, to hype up players interest.

Speaking of which, would DLC (or Event Pokemon in general) be possible through QR codes? I've been wondering about that, seems like something cool they could start to do...I imagine it'd be big in Japan with Event Pokemon QR codes within CoroCoro and such, but I guess you run into the problem of limiting how many people can transfer it to their game unless there's some way to have a DL limit as well. :0

Blog Entries

Initially, I said around 130 is ideal, but since it's the first Pokemon main series games for the 3DS, they need to go all out. 175 new Pokemon. 15 being legendaries with 4 being event only.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd say probably anywhere between 120-140. But as long as there designs are on point that's all that really matters to me.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

I think maybe anywhere from 80 - 110 will be the amount they release into the new Gen. I'm hoping the designs will look great of course. Maybe they've been reading some of the fans opinions on how they didn't really like the designs of the new Pokemon.

Blog Entries

I'm thinking 110 but I wished they just did Gen V twice cause I love it so much
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Add Chiss on Facebook

I'm fine with less than 100 if they all look as cool as the ones we saw in the preview.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast