VG Weekly Poll #53 Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I think around 150 is a good amount for it to bring.

46 35.66%
  • No - 150 is way too many after Gen V's 150.

62 48.06%
  • No - I want more than 150 new ones in Gen VI! The more pokemon the better!

21 16.28%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #53 Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did?

Blog Entries

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #53 Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did?

At first I wanted Gen 6's region to be Unova's Johto but since they got sequels I don't want any more Unova stuff (other than remakes in like 17 years) as much as I love Unova. Maybe if the generation is more like gen 4 then gen 2 than I can dig it. But if they feel like releasing as much awesome cross gen evo's as in gen four I say just redo gen 5 I love gen five. And I really want more new dual type combo and repeats of dual type combo's that are only available via forms or legendaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries
    Follow voicerocker On Twitter
    Visit voicerocker's Youtube Channel

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #53 Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did?

I have nothing against more new Pokemon, nor the number of them introduced, Legendary or not. (as long as the total percentage of Legends stays below 10%, I have no problem with them adding more Legends) Though, I'd assume the reason why we got so many for Gen 5 was because there were no previous Pokemon until post-game. That was a cool way to handle Gen 5 and would be interesting if they did it again.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

I originally voted yes because I think they should introduce 151 Pokémon, including at least 4 event Pokémon and at least 8 Legendary Pokémon, to make the total number of Pokémon in the National Pokédex 800 but reading other users' answers I think that a number of Pokémon close to 100 will be introduced in Generation VI because Generations II and IV introduced numbers close to 100 Pokémon after the previous generation introduced a number close to 150 Pokémon. Also this thread is nearly 2 weeks old. Will a new VG Weekly Poll thread be made soon?
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Blog Entries

We have no proof right now that Gen V will end next year... they could easily just release R/S remakes and end it in 2014... to say it will end next year and that it's 100% is sill..

But anyway I think Gen VI will be an 'expansion' Gen like II and IV were and have evo's and prevo's of Unova Pokemon (I predict an Audino Evo (and possibly Pre-Evo) and a baby Pokemon for Throh an Sawk (an possibly a 3rd member)) so maybe anywhere from 110-120 or so...
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Reject the status quo! Radio Rebel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    We have no proof right now that Gen V will end next year... they could easily just release R/S remakes and end it in 2014... to say it will end next year and that it's 100% is sill..
    Releasing another game on the DS would be a terrible decision, as would making the jump to the 3DS in the middle of a generation. All the event Pokémon were revealed this year, and Gen III can still be played on the current generation's system. If RS remakes do happen, it won't be until after the main Gen 6 games, and those will most likely be coming late next year or early 2014. Is it 100% certain? No, but if Game Freak is smart, it's what will happen. Anything else would be idiotic. People were pissed off enough as it is that both BW and B2W2 were on the DS; Game Freak isn't likely to make that mistake again. I think the only people still pulling for more Gen 5 games are the ones who haven't bought a 3DS yet. That's not really Game Freak's problem, the DS is dead, and Pokémon is moving on, as it should. And expecting RS remakes or any other main series game on the 3DS this gen is even more absurd.

In regards to the number of Pokémon, I'm hoping they go the Gen II/IV route with new evos and pre-evos, but with the same overall number of Pokémon as Gen V. There are some Pokémon that desperately need evos, but I would hate for them to come at the price of taking up a third of the space in a tiny regional dex.

Name: Rebel ♦ Friend Code: 2208-6003-1380 ♦ Friend Safari: Beautifly, Paras, Vivillon
    Badges: 8 ♦ Pokédex: 712 Seen / 712 Obtained ♦ Medals: 109

I would like too see around 120-150 new Pokemons in Generation 6 games.

Hopefully we could get a bunch of new pre-evolutions and evolutions of old pokemon.

I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get one in Generation 5 games.

It would be nice to get a mix of old and new pokemon and i hope that the pokedex is around 250-300 like in Black 2 and White 2 again.
    Last edited by ~Dreamscape~; 10th September 2012 at 05:51 PM.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

There should be about 100 new Pokémon, with new evolutions for previous gen Pokemon.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

I think that the tons of new Pokemon was a cool thing for this generation, but we shouldn't have that many brought in every time. I think it's good to just introduce abut 100 this time, so that we won't be overloaded.
    My official Black 2 team.

Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

I think 150 is too many to bring to the next new game, even if its set in another region. Remember when we only had to collect 150 Pokemon to get the satisfaction of having completely beaten the game? I did that once in Yellow and it was thrilling. Now completing the Pokedex is very hard and while that's not a bad thing, adding another 150 Pokemon usually means transferring everything from game to game just to 'catch 'em all'. That's hard for today's generation, especially if they're only just coming into the games.

100 or 101 (Including an event legendary, maybe) is more than enough and then just flesh it out with a few from other regions. I did really like the fact though that Unova in B/W was completely populated with its own Pokemon because that made it feel different to what had been before. However I would like to see some of the older Pokemon get new forms. We've had ones that change depending on what season it is or what weather it is - why not one who has a different look in a different region. You know, like real animals? And maybe throw in another Eevee evolution or two. Who among us would not like to see a Dragon-Eevee.

Loving all things Eevee Eeveeanne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always have a taste for something new so the more pokemon the better.

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

The more the better, that's what I say, and it'll help offset the increasing amount of legendaries.

Is there a reason why I can't vote in the poll?
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

I like this cycle of every even generation having fewer pokemon but more dramatic changes.

Who knows, maybe we'll make the transition into EYE BLINDING 3D GLORIOUSNESS.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes! Yes! I loved the large number of mons introduced in gen5. However, as someone said I want the region to be super-sized so that it doesn't seem as the mons are "mashed" together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

I think 160 is good enough for including cross-generational evolutions and baby Pokémon, but this number is "too many" for some fans. 100 regular Pokémon (including evos for regular ones), 30 cross-gen evos (including baby Pokémon), 20 legendaries (with some should have gender despite unbreedable). I would like to see unevolved dual-type starters in Gen VI.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Shadow Minun View Post
    I think 160 is good enough for including cross-generational evolutions and baby Pokémon, but this number is "too many" for some fans. 100 regular Pokémon (including evos for regular ones), 30 cross-gen evos (including baby Pokémon), 20 legendaries (with some should have gender despite unbreedable). I would like to see unevolved dual-type starters in Gen VI.
    ... 160? No generation to date has given us quite that many new Pokemon. 20 legendaries seems rather excessive as well.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast