VG Weekly Poll #53 Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I think around 150 is a good amount for it to bring.

46 35.66%
  • No - 150 is way too many after Gen V's 150.

62 48.06%
  • No - I want more than 150 new ones in Gen VI! The more pokemon the better!

21 16.28%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #53 Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did?

Blog Entries

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #53 Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did?

Gen VI should be like Gen II and IV, introducing many new evos and having 100-110 pokemon.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #53 Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did?

I think around 150 is just fine. All the more fun with new pokemon.

100-110 new Pokemon should be introduced in Generation IV IMO, I also agree that they should make lesser new legendary Pokemon. Game Freak should also think first into making new Pokemon for Generation VI. The Generation VI Pokemon should have the magic that the Generation II Pokemon have, which was the reason why the latter was beloved by most Pokemon fans; for this to work, they should focus, think, and research throughly on making new Pokemon in terms of design, its theme, and its attributes. They should also have fresh new ideas and options on making new Pokemon (as well as moves) to make the new Pokemon interesting; for this, and since they will move to a more hi-tech 3DS, they should finally introduce a (IMO) new type. This might change the metagame, core gameplay, and the type chart, but let's accept the fact that in the end of the day, Game Freak will go into this direction if they want to make the Pokemon franchise interesting as time passes. Light-type should be the type to be introduced by Game Freak in Generation VI.

That's my opinion. :)
    Last edited by bian; 30th August 2012 at 03:35 AM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    I would say no because there is a pattern that the even-numbered gens introduced around 100 new Pokemon wheras the odd-numbered gens introduces the number of Pokemon close to 150.
    Even though Game Freak have broken every other patten any way (for example, it wasn't a four year gen, there wasn't a third version game, and there weren't remakes as well)?

I think they should introduce more Pokemon than this gen. About 173, in fact. The first 130 would be all the original families and new evolutions of Gen V Pokemon as well as the new legendaries, and the other 33 would be evolutions of pre-Gen V Pokemon. I thought 173 because that would bring it up to 822, as the amount of Pokemon has never ended on 2 before (it's ended on 1, 6, 3, and 9).

I think the more the better if they are of a high standard. It is one of the main reasons to buy the latest game. One should, however, consider that if they release smaller amounts of stuff they could draw the franchise out and make it last longer.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Less baby pokémon pls, Gamefreak. Or even better, none at all!

Other than that, 100-110 seems reasonable enough for me.

Steel Pokémon Master Bulletproof Scales's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While the franchise's only way to refresh itself is by introducing new collectable critters, we can all see the effect of that already with every way GF invents to flood out the pokémon that didn't make the games. I wouldn't want them to get ahead of themselves exhausting all too many future options, and I wouldn't want for the legends to lose their worth by topping the last ones and growing in numbers to fill out the years til the next batch.
    I believe the current gen has spoiled us on everything, but will GF give us genII/IV to this? Probably. I'd say about 100 or so pokémon is justifiable, but having half of them hidden and up for reveal and download as the generation progress. As this would allow for a shorter number of legendaries.
    Det ligger tomhylsor i parken
    Våra fötter är en meter över marken

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GallifreyanGallade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    I would say no because there is a pattern that the even-numbered gens introduced around 100 new Pokemon wheras the odd-numbered gens introduces the number of Pokemon close to 150.
    Even though Game Freak have broken every other patten any way (for example, it wasn't a four year gen, there wasn't a third version game, and there weren't remakes as well)?
    Just because they've broken some patterns now doesn't mean they need to go out of their way to break every single one. And gens being four years wasn't even a pattern, anyway.

Anyway, I think a smaller, 100-110 Pokemon gen would be fine.

I'll always remember you~
    Blog Entries

I'd like only 100 or so Pokemon in the next gen, that just sounds like a good number to me. I wouldn't even mind if it was less than that, as long as the new Pokemon are well thought out.

Blog Entries

Stop, please. The generation did not end yet, you can't say how many years it lasted. Judging by the fact that Game Freak is developing a new non-Pokémon game for 2013, it is safe to assume that the new generation will be released only in 2014, when Generation V will be four years old.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Judging by the fact that Game Freak is developing a new non-Pokémon game for 2013, it is safe to assume that the new generation will be released only in 2014, when Generation V will be four years old.
    This new game is going to be released in a few days for the eShop; it is not a fully-fledged game. Game Freak said in an interview that very few members of their staff were involved in the development. In light of this, it's safe to say that this release has no bearing on Generation VI.

Blog Entries

I want 351 new Pokemon. MAKE IT A THOUSAND ALREADY.

I would prefer there to be at least 130. What irritates me so much about Gens II and IV is that they rely too much on previous generations monster-wise, and I prefer to not see a creature from a previous generation in a region that it doesn't originate from. I always found it weird to see Ponyta and Heracross in Sinnoh, or Pidgey and Yanmega (regardless of evolutionary relation) in Johto.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Stop, please. The generation did not end yet, you can't say how many years it lasted. Judging by the fact that Game Freak is developing a new non-Pokémon game for 2013, it is safe to assume that the new generation will be released only in 2014, when Generation V will be four years old.
    Generation V will end next year. We have lots of different things proving that it will. One, next year's movie is starring Genesect, and as you can't just have one Pokemon starring in a movie, they'll probably throw in a Gen VI Pokemon or two like they've done with M2, M5, M8, M9, and M13. Second, all the games for Gen V have been released. The RS remakes will no doubt be for the 3DS, as releasing a remake of a game on the next system up is practically unheard of (except for Super Mario All Stars). Three, they can't release any more Gen V games anyway, as they'd have to be for the DS, and that will probably be dead by next year anyway. And as @Silktree; said, the new-non Pokemon game has no effect on Pokemon whatsoever. That game is an eShop game to be released next week.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

While I love to have lots of new faces to enjoy, the next one should not be so abundant. I would much prefer to see some upgraded old faces because I love to see the direction in which they are upgraded. There were some interesting ideas in Generation 4, like prehistoric-themed evolutions and evolutions based on a specific gender (because the current ones looks too much like a specific one, like Gardevoir being more of a female one).

Thanks for reading.
    "True loss is for him whose days have been spent in utter ignorance of his self."

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast