VG Weekly Poll #5: Favorite Grass-type starter? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite Grass-type starter?

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bulbasaur

69 30.80%
  • Chikorita

52 23.21%
  • Treecko

71 31.70%
  • Turtwig

52 23.21%
  • Snivy

83 37.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #5: Favorite Grass-type starter?

Blog Entries

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #5: Favorite Grass-type starter?

Chikorita. It and its evolved forms have awesome designs and Meganium has reasonable stats; not too low, yet not too extreme.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Treecko for the most diverse movepool out of the 5.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Treecko. I mean, we all know you liek treeckoz moar then mudkipz.

It also has the best design out of the 5, tied with Snivy.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

I love my Turtwig. Looks like the most approachable Starter Pokémon ever! Maybe it's slooooooow... but I find it to be so huggable. I have always liked the whole Turtwig line...
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Pre-gen IV Treecko is my favorite, for STAB Leaf Blade, and for owning the entire region of Hoenn.
    "The only thing we learn from history is that we never learn from history."
    -Hegel

Do you play Terraria, the Minecraft-Zelda-Metroid hybrid? If you do, then join!

I am saying snivy, because he looks so cool. I have played all the generations and I remember when I first saw him I thought a deffinate yes, The only other grass starter I had picked was a chikorita in gold I think. But this time I actually really badly wanted the grass starter, even though I usually choose fire he just looks so cool and also because he is a snake and from childhood i always thought snakes and other reptiles were very cool and I still do.

Quote Originally Posted by League View Post
    I'm only kinda dissapointed that Serperior wasn't named Coilord but, well, Serperior is kinda faithful to the Japanese name anyway.
    I think they should have named it Snilord. It's related to snivy and rhymes with milord.

Bulbasaur's my favourite since all three of it's stages look great. Plus it's been around since the very start.
    Snivy is second. It's everything Treecko has never managed to be. It loses because of Servine.
    Turtwitg third. Very useful guy.
    Treecko fourth. It has a great design,as it's first evo,but Sceptile is a fail.
    Chikorita is last. For me,it always remained in the shadow of the other two Johto starters. Bayleef looks great,but then it turns into a Meganium whose design is just poor compared to it's pre-evos.
    Last edited by Composer; 27th August 2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Forgot to answer the poll.

Registered User MidnightEclipse's Avatar

Follow MidnightEclipse on Tumblr

Chickorita will always be my favourite, its adorable and gets a lot of hate for no reason. I also love Treeko (well Sceptile andyway) and Snivy.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Ferbgor On Twitter Add Ferbgor on Facebook

Turtwig is my favourite for a few reasons. It is the the only Grass-type starter I have ever chosen. It was my first Pokemon (literally) and its evolutions have good designs and Torterra is a cool typing.

Blog Entries
    Follow Avrig On Twitter
    Follow Avrig on Tumblr Visit Avrig's Youtube Channel

Turtwig, which is actually also the best of the all starters imo. Torterra looks awesome, I loved its perfect design from the first sight. The 4th gen was actually the first generation, where I picked up a grass starter over the water one ♥.
    I claimed Mamoswine ♥ randomness @ twitterAvrig @ deviantart

Mama, we all go to hell. TheCapsFan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

CHIKORITA CHIKORITA CHIKORITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem. I mean, My vote goes to Chikorita. Its adorable, and I always get picked as a Chikorita in MD.

I'm glad this was a multi-choice poll, the odd number gen grass types are all my favs for different reasons. But, if I had to choose a number one, it's the Bulbasaur family all the way. Playing with or against it, Venusaur's bulkiness and tricks it can pull in a pinch battle never ceases to amaze me.

Blog Entries

I went with Snivy, as all 5 of them are still bleh for me. Snivy, even though it's essentially Treecko with better curves. Or something. I dunno why, I just like it more than Treecko, and it's evo's are better.

I've never started with a Grass pokemon (Only Gen IV had me with Water, all other's have been Fire)

Oh goody. Grass starters almost always my favourites so this will be fun.

Turtwig hands down. Not only is it adorable, it's the only one with a unique type combination when fully evolved. It's done me well in battle as well, both in game and against people. My shiny torterra was also the one that go me my shiny leaf crown. :3

Chikorita was my favorite starter period for a long time. It's adorable and it doesn't get enough credit. I'm actually surprised it's doing so well in the poll so far, all I ever see is people putting it down.

I'm among the people who grew attached to snivy quickly. Based purely on first evolutions it's actually tied with oshawotta as my favorite fifth gen starter (which is rare for me) but their final evolutions and my best friend picking oshawott made the decision easier.

I feel weird putting bulbasaur so low on a list. I still love them but there are too many faults, the horribly common type combination (especially in the generation it comes from) takes away points for me. Not because I'm a hipster, because I kind of feel like I sound like one for liking bulba less for common typing and torterra more for unique typing, I just like when I get to play with different advantages and disadvantages and you can only do the same ones so many times.

Treecko... I don't understand it's popularity at all. The designs of it and its evolutions don't appeal to me in the least so I'm always confused when people say they look cool when I could actually go so far as to say I consider them hideous. Its movepool is good I guess but I don't know how anyone looked at all three third gen starters and picked the ugly lizard. Yes I know not everyone likes cute things best but its design falls flat next to the other two for reasons other than cuteness. I mean I don't think I actually like any of the third gen starters but at least the other two are cute in their first forms if nothing else. Their final forms are also much more badass than sceptile, at least in my opinion. I think I'm just sad that this is the only gen where the grass starter is my absolute least favorite of the three.

Wow that was a long answer when I was only asked about the first one. I clearly talk too much even more than I thought I did. ._.

Blog Entries

Snivy. Snivy's design is unique and original, and Serperior is also the most useful Pokémon competitive wise.
    I claimed the fabulous Burgh in the Official Claim-A-Character thread, and I claimed Quiver Dance in the Official Claim-A-Move thread.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast