VG Weekly Poll #40 Do nature and IVs matter to you? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do natures and IVs matter to you?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, both do!

33 33.33%
  • Nature - yes. IVs - no.

37 37.37%
  • Nature - no. IVs - yes.

2 2.02%
  • Nope.

27 27.27%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #40 Do nature and IVs matter to you?

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #40 Do nature and IVs matter to you?

No. I've chosen to not do anything in the game that is going to cause me endless hours of frustration, swearing, and tears. This includes competitive battling, hunting for shinies, and breeding for Natures or IVs.

Blog Entries

Neither of them matter to me, it doesn't make that much of a difference to how easy it is to get through the game, and it takes more time to get a good nature and IVs, so I don't bother.

Natures somewhat matter to me in game. I'll never use a Pokemon with a nature detrimental to one of its main stats, however I'll sometimes use one with a not bad/not good nature (like my Staraptor with a +Def/-SpA nature) if I don't find something better. I never bother with IVs, though. I don't even know how to check em xD

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Not at all. I do even bother with natures, and the only time I consider IVs is if I have two of the same Pokemon and need to decide which one I want to train.

Blog Entries

Follow Baka-kun on Tumblr

In-game, I don't normally care about a pokémon's nature unless it's neutral (which is then released and replaced with a member of the same species with a non neutral nature).
    Similarly, I don't particularly care for IVs in-game.
    The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you - Nyx (Persona 3)
    <- banner by TheEroKing of animesuki forums.

Blog Entries

At one point I really didn't care about either; if the Pokemon could hold its own, I was fine with it. Legendaries, shinies, what have you. It didn't matter. Now, not so much.

Nature is very important to me--there are certain Pokemon that simply cannot have certain Natures and be on my team. My Golurk has to be Brave and there's no way around it; that's why I ended up with around three boxes stuffed full of nothing but Golett on my first trip to the Dragonspiral Tower. I had to find the right Brave Natured Golett to join up. IVs, which never mattered before, have slowly become more important to me, thanks to my Masuda run. Having a shiny Brave Golett that's perfect in Attack was extremely important; I wanted this guy to have some potential and not be so much of a novelty. In other words, I actually cared.

No, I don't battle competitively. I'm just a shiny hunter at heart. But having a shiny with killer stats and a great Nature matters to me a lot now. Why? So I can say that my shiny isn't just pretty, it can actually hold its own.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Natures do, but IV's are more of a bonus. If the IV is the opposite to the nature, then I'll S/R though.

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

I didn't used to care about the Natures, or the IV's at all in the past, but ever since I became more strategic and tactical about my teams a couple of years ago Natures/IV's have mattered greatly. I sometimes get through more than 30 of the same Pokemon, when breeding for the right Nature and IV's, but it's worth it once you get the one you want.

For the IV's I only accept Pokemon with at least "Superior IV's" to "Outstanding IV's" to go with the Nature I breed them for. Natures and IV's are a major part of where your Pokemon's stats are going to lead to and determine their full potential.

Definitely an "F" ticket! Shiny Porygon's Avatar

[Generic comment about not originally being interested in natures and IVs, but now caring a lot about them]

But, really, that's how it is. If I didn't root out the "decent" -SpDef Milotics out of my PC Boxes every now and again, I'd need another cartridge just to hold all the critters.

Of course, not everyone has the time to fly to the IV checker, SR a bajillion times, go Synchronizing for Dittos, or what have you. And that's understandable. What isn't understandable, however, is hacking your Pokes' natures and IVs because you've suddenly realised your decent Brave Chandelure, etc. isn't to your liking and thus game for editing.

Horu Horu no Mi true user Ronflex's Avatar

Both but with some limits.
    I don't hack or RNG, so The myth of flawless Pokémon or high (and right) Hidden Powers are far from me.
    I DO care about Nature and IV. Ok. I check IVs, I breed a lot of eggs to find the right one, I look for 31 IV in 2-3 stats. 2 or 3. Especially Speed because if you have 28 atk IV it doesn't change much, but every single Speed point is VITAL in a tie match with so much RNGers and hackers around who actually HAVE Spd 31.
    With stationary or roaming Pokémon, I don't care at all about 31 IVs or I'll go mad (you can't enforce them as you can with breeding mechanics) while I DO care about Nature from the introduction of Synch Nature mechanic.

Blog Entries

Well, I only care about nature.
    I don't have patience to breed 192839012 eggs and do all this stuff to have perfects IVs, since I don't even play in the competitive.

But a Pokémon with a good nature helps a lot when battling the Frontier Brains.

That being said, I plan to play with this IV thing in BW2, to extend the replay value a bit.
    Besides, I think 31 in both Def and SpD would help some of my full-of-weakness monsters to survive a bit more.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

I look at Nature. I couldn't care less about IVs.

Blog Entries

If the nature is detrimental to higher stats, then yes, I care. Otherwise I let it slide.
    (I care particularly about offense unless the Pokémon in question isn't made for it, like Umbreon)

IVs, I can't even bother to learn, so it makes no difference to me

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

I do take a look at Natures if I'm planning to raise a Pokemon for more competitive battling. I can't even check IVs myself, however, so they don't matter much to me.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

I'm not a competitive battler, and I don't have the time to put in to deal with stuff like natures and IVs when it comes to playthroughs, so, no, natures and IVs do not matter to me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast