VG Weekly Poll #36 Do you like the changes to the EXP system in Black and White? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Do you like the changes to the EXP system in Black and White?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

74 77.89%
  • No

21 22.11%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #36 Do you like the changes to the EXP system in Black and White?

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #36 Do you like the changes to the EXP system in Black and White?

No, definitely not, as training pokemon at low levels was and has always been incredibly easy, lucky egg can already be obtained through the ability pick up and when I got another one through the story line I felt ripped off of all my hard work with that. On top of that lucky egg has always been obtainable, so it's not like it has been added to compensate for the lack of experience later... If they had of had the foresight to put in trainers with higher level pokemon, then maybe it could work, but as it is, the cons of taking longer to reach level 100 outweighs the benefit of quicker earlier training.
    My advice is carry around 5 level 41+ Lillipups with Pick Up ability (plus the pokemon you're training). This is because from level 41 upwards Lillipup has the best chance of holding a rare candy after battle, for a few free levels. As well as using your main pokemon holding a lucky egg. Then use the rare candies for the last couple of levels, don't waste them on the incredibly easy (and always have been!!) low level pokemon.
    Oh and on a side note, I gave up on using a team of pokemon in this game... there wasn't enough exp when the wild pokemons levels became too far below the trainers... so I switched to just using Emboar and breezed through. Though I had to use 10 rare candies (from my Lillipups before I beat the E4... making it level 74...)

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #36 Do you like the changes to the EXP system in Black and White?

They'd need to add a few trainers with at least level 90 Pokemon for me to totally get behind it.
    I like the idea in principle, but I like having high level Pokemon more.

Blog Entries

I think it was okay. It helped keep the team's levels equalized. Normally the levels of one or two would always be ahead of the others by a huge margin. But now that doesn't happen, since either the ones leading don't get too much exp as to make their levels shoot up, or the ones lagging a bit get more and eventually catch up. I was also forced to rotate more and not rely on just one pokémon in every battle, and I think that was good.

I don't have a level 100 yet, though, so this is one of the downsides.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Uch, aye and naw. I went for yes because it feels like a more fluid and advanced system; but it's a little awkward for levelling Pokémon once they're all 20 levels higher than everything else.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Default anges to the EXP system in Black and White?

Yeah, it was okay at first, but now I can't find any place suitable to train my main team in their 70s to higher levels. Achroma has been my punching bag ever since XDD But it's troublesome to just get to the P2lab everyday

I don't like to grind on E4s because I can't leave without winning all the way or losing a lot of money

Definitely yes! It made training lower-leveled Pokemon so much easier and saved me so much time. While it is harder to train them in higher levels, I feel it was worthwhile as a whole.
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

With black tower lvl 80+ pokemon, pass powers x2 exp plus lucky eggs lvling is still easy at high lvls and is a 30minute job to get to 50.

Yes and no. Yes because getting a raising a low level Pokemon to level 50 or so is a matter of minutes now. No because after a certain level, raising Pokemon is getting pretty tough. Especially in Black, where there are very few trainers to battle post main story.

In Love With Snowmen Anikasnow6's Avatar

Two letters; one word.
    NO.
    I support AdvanceShipping, LuckyShipping, ViridianShipping, FranticShipping, IkariShipping, BelleShipping, HyperShipping, and many other pairings.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

It's way more realistic.

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For low leveled Pokemon: Yes
    For high leveled Pokemon: No

Overall, with a few tweaks, it would be better.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain View Post
    For low leveled Pokemon: Yes
    For high leveled Pokemon: No

Overall, with a few tweaks, it would be better.
    Pretty much this. The EXP system didn't need this change because it was already designed to make it harder to level up each level (due to the increasing amount of EXP required to level up each level). Changing it so that the amount of EXP earned is also decreasing upon level up only exaggerates the difference, and makes it exponentially harder to level up each time. I do however, think that it was a positive change for underleveled Pokemon, since it helps to balance out your team's levels and makes evolving Pokemon less tedious (which is helpful considering the ever increasing amount of Pokemon we need to evolve for Pokedex data each gen). And don't even bring up Audino or Lucky Egg, they don't really fix the problem. Audino is too broken, just one of them gives you enough EXP to level up when you're around his level. And Lucky Egg is inconvenient because you only get 1 or 2 of them and they waste your hold item slot. So what I propose they do is change the EXP system to be a combination of both EXP systems in a way that underleveled Pokemon still get the bonus, but overleveled Pokemon do not have to suffer from overgrinding. Up until you reach the same level that your opponent is, it'd function like the 5th gen system, gaining EXP bonuses based on your level difference. But after you pass the opponents level, it would stop decreasing and you would gain a constant amount of EXP each level. So instead of something like this in 5th gen:

Lv. 3- 25 EXP
    Lv. 4- 20 EXP
    Lv. 5- 15 EXP
    Lv. 6- 10 EXP
    Lv. 7- 5 EXP

It'd be more like this:

Lv. 3- 25 EXP
    Lv. 4- 20 EXP
    Lv. 5- 15 EXP
    Lv. 6- 15 EXP
    Lv. 7- 15 EXP

As for Audino, they should nerf Audino's EXP bonus so it's less "defeat me to level up" if possible, maybe something around 2 or 3 times the EXP you would normally get from a wild Pokemon. If not, just make Audino a post game bonus. We do not need to see this thing show up 90% of the time in all rustling grass rosters.

Zero Suit Samus Zeroes In Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's pretty good...until you're higher leveled than the lv60 Audino and the Elite Four's Pokemon when grinding to 100.

Basically I only like it when it's convenient to me. Shallow, I know, but who cares; grinding takes too long.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    It's pretty good...until you're higher leveled than the lv60 Audino and the Elite Four's Pokemon when grinding to 100.
    When you're taking that long grinding during the storyline, I agree with you. But grinding to reach Lv. 100 is more fair, since it's optional and beyond what's required of you in the main games.

Zero Suit Samus Zeroes In Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    When you're taking that long grinding during the storyline, I agree with you. But grinding to reach Lv. 100 is more fair, since it's optional and beyond what's required of you in the main games.
    Yeah, I agree.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast