VG Weekly Poll #33 Which type needs more attention? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Which type needs more attention?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fire

4 3.05%
  • Water

0 0%
  • Grass

6 4.58%
  • Electric

4 3.05%
  • Flying

0 0%
  • Rock

1 0.76%
  • Ground

1 0.76%
  • Steel

3 2.29%
  • Fighting

1 0.76%
  • Psychic

2 1.53%
  • Ghost

14 10.69%
  • Dark

12 9.16%
  • Normal

0 0%
  • Ice

22 16.79%
  • Dragon

3 2.29%
  • Poison

46 35.11%
  • Bug

7 5.34%
  • None. All is good.

5 3.82%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #33 Which type needs more attention?

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #33 Which type needs more attention?

Poison was the first thing that came to my mind.

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

I think Dark needs some really good attacks. For example, I love Umbreon but it's move pool is terrible when it comes to Dark attacks and most of what it knows are Ghost or Psychic moves. Ghost could do with an almighty kickass move too, though. Oh and as a lot of other people have said, Poison would be good. The only reason I didn't say it myself was because I think the move Toxic, though not a straight out attack move, is pretty awesome when compared to the lack of Ghost and Dark moves. Although... Shadow Ball is decent.
    Jenneta likes this.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Poison I feel like its just really undermined as a type. Ghost would be my second spot, followed by Ice for third.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Blog Entries

Ice, for sure. Ice needs something that Water can't snatch away from it. Plus, as one stated earlier, the Freezing status is so rare, you feel like jumping for joy when it actually happens. Ice should, at least, either resit Water or do super-effective to it. It's lousy defensively, with only two Ice-types total (Froslass and Frost Rotom) having more resistances and immunities than weaknesses. Plus Stealth Rock shatters Ice's already frailness, and only resisting itself bites. Only Normal resists less, having no resistances (but an immunity) If they could make certain moves or certain combos of types with Ice that Water can't "borrow" for themselves, that would be wonderful. So many good Ice types have potential, but get crushed by commonplace strategies (Glaceon, Glalie, Vanilluxe, Froslass, to name a few). Plus it's kinda rare, so a little more distribution of the type and tactics to counter common strategies would be a welcoming change.

While Dragon I would like to vouch for, due to my love of dragons, they're designed to be mythical, so I'm fairly content with them. But a few more Dragon families would be nice as well.

Ghost is another type that could use some attention, but even with its lack of numbers, they tend to be pretty good overall, so they're fine (at least for now).

Bug has improved thanks to Gens IV and V, though we did have some earlier contenders, such as Scizor and Heracross. Leavanny, Escavalier and Genesect have been big improvements to the Bug type, but it still somewhat of a supportive role. Still, there has been some improvement there, so that's better than nothing.

Grass and Poison tend to get the short end of the stick a lot. Grass having lackluster move pools and Poison with lack of real offensive options aside from Poisoning. While Grass has been addressed slightly over the years (Torterra, Leavanny, Tangrowth, Sceptile, to name a few), it still suffers from high weaknesses and little offensive punch, as most of its high-powered moves have negative drawbacks or other such problems (I'm lookin' at you, Leaf Storm and Frenzy Plant). Poison is treated the same way, only good for being defensive, stalling, or inducing the Poison status. While Toxic is commonplace, it's not foolproof, so it's not a home-run. Like with Ice, it needs more moves that only it can learn, as Toxic, Gunk Shot, and Sludge Bomb are fairly commonplace with non-Poison Pokemon. Both need help, big time, so they are runner-ups to me.

So, in short, I vote Ice type, but Grass and Poison are second place to me.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not a Poison fan, but clearly it needs more love. And a Legendary, for heaven's sake.

And while I don't think GF will change weakness/resistances anymore, I think Poison should be SE against Water. I've said this before, and it would make a lot of sense, since IRL poison can ruin water forever. Besides, Water was already slightly broken; only two weaknesses, Electric -checked with rather popular Water/Ground Pokémon-, and Grass -checked with Ice moves that are usable for most Water Pokémon-. And Drizzle Politoed just made things worse. So Poison being SE against water would be a good fix, I think.
    Chronos and Owain like this.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

Dragon, steel and ice are becoming the forgoten types they need more much much morre !! the fact every twat and his dog owns a dragonite in every season tells you that theres not enough bad ass dragon types, steel is jsut silly theres like 4 pure steel types in the whole universe and finally ice ! there hasent been nearly enough ice types in the last 2 regions.

wouldent mind more Bug types but i cant say there needed

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

Ghost, easily.

There are only 27 Ghost types in comparison to 107 Water types.
    Jenneta likes this.

Blog Entries

I would love to see a larger variety of Fighting types. There are plenty plain Fighting lines, but the type lacks a lot of variety.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Poor poison you guys, the type doesn't even have a legendary yet!

Who the fuck voted Dragon?

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Yeah I really think that overall, Poison types have gotton the short end of the stick.

I really think it should be super effective against Water (Water pollution anyone?). I'm sure that would give them more reasons to be used since Water is the most common type too. It would also be very satifying and fun for me to see a Toxicroak demolish a Swift Swim Ludicolo in competivive battles too.

Yep, I am slighty sadistic...
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

C-3

Poison

Best squid ever Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

Ice. There are surprisingly few Pokemon with this type, even fewer of the moves are much good, (Ice Beam, Blizzard and Ice Shard are the only regular ones that come to mind, and maybe Icy Wind in doubles/triples) not to mention that it's probably the worst type defensively. As it is, I see very few benefits for being an ice type. A resistance to Water, Grass and perhaps, maybe, Electric (though that might be too much) would be nice.

Who is this git?

Blog Entries

Definitely Poison. It doesn't have a legendary, and I can't even name many Poison-types off the top off my head. Actually, you somewhat forget that the type even exists, the way it's seemingly being ignored. Nobody uses them either, because they're so weak.

Ice also has the same problems to some extent, but it gets its mention mainly because I think it has a lot of design potential, but that potential was wasted by the lack of attention. Ice golems. Giant white wolves.
    Last edited by Dragonfyre; 23rd February 2013 at 10:07 AM.
    Jenneta likes this.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Electric definitely does. With it being one of the borderline major types, it doesn't have many attacks or Pokemon with dual types for that matter (excluding Rotom who's only ONE Pokemon).

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Poison, it's a very underused type.

It definitely needs some more type advantages first, though.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast