VG Weekly Poll #33 Which type needs more attention? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which type needs more attention?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fire

4 3.05%
  • Water

0 0%
  • Grass

6 4.58%
  • Electric

4 3.05%
  • Flying

0 0%
  • Rock

1 0.76%
  • Ground

1 0.76%
  • Steel

3 2.29%
  • Fighting

1 0.76%
  • Psychic

2 1.53%
  • Ghost

14 10.69%
  • Dark

12 9.16%
  • Normal

0 0%
  • Ice

22 16.79%
  • Dragon

3 2.29%
  • Poison

46 35.11%
  • Bug

7 5.34%
  • None. All is good.

5 3.82%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #33 Which type needs more attention?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #33 Which type needs more attention?

@Grass Type Trainer Then why are the Solar Power users and the rest of the Chlorophyll users in the lower tiers despite Sunny Day's use in the metagame?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    @Grass Type Trainer Then why are the Solar Power users and the rest of the Chlorophyll users in the lower tiers despite Sunny Day's use in the metagame?
    Because Venusaur eclipses all other Chlorophyll users, Infernape and Volcarona pretty much outclass all SP users, and Solar Power cuts survivability.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries

Why was the poll reset?

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Because Venusaur eclipses all other Chlorophyll users, Infernape and Volcarona pretty much outclass all SP users, and Solar Power cuts survivability.
    Well in that case, Grass types and Fire types are still in need of attention, even though Ice needs it more.

Blog Entries

@Ghetsis-Dennis Yes, but its not because of weather.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

@Grass Type Trainer But weinstein said that weather was part of the reason.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I say poison and dark, though I voted poison. It lacks advantages, it lacks decent moves (besides Toxic, which just about every Pokemon can learn), and not many of the Pokemon of this type are that great statistically. The only one I can think of is Crobat.

Dark, though, also lacks good moves and decent Pokemon.

No it's Dr. Strange, love Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Why was the poll reset?
    Because the first poll accidentally excluded the normal type and had the Steel-type listed twice.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    I say poison and dark, though I voted poison. It lacks advantages, it lacks decent moves (besides Toxic, which just about every Pokemon can learn), and not many of the Pokemon of this type are that great statistically. The only one I can think of is Crobat.

Dark, though, also lacks good moves and decent Pokemon.
    Dark already has Crunch, Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Night Slash, and Night Daze, which are good moves. Also, Weavile, Tyranitar, Houndoom, Honchkrow, Umbreon, Absol, Shiftry, Sharpedo, Crawdaunt, Spiritomb, Drapion, Darkrai, Zoroark, Bisharp, Krookodile, and Scrafty are decent Pokemon.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

None of those moves are stronger than 90 power though. Many other types have moves with a higher power than that. And I don't find any of those Pokemon to be that great, except maybe Houndoom, but whatever.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

I was thinking Poison in the fact that there is no weather support for them but besides Toxic Spikes and Venoshock I think PSN is more of a set-up tactic.
    Jus pm me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    None of those moves are stronger than 90 power though. Many other types have moves with a higher power than that. And I don't find any of those Pokemon to be that great, except maybe Houndoom, but whatever.
    You don't find Tyranitar and Darkrai to be that great?

Blog Entries

Well, let's see. I have a few ideas.

Ice: Ice is one of my favorite types, but it is terrible defensively. All those weaknesses can really put a crimp in their day. Freezing status is rare, hindering it's effectiveness (especially when catching is concerned). Ice-type is so powerful offensively, but only a handful of Ice-type moves are really useful (Ice Beam being one of them). Not to mention Water seems to take over the position of many Ice-types, thanks to the easy learning of moves like Blizzard and Ice Beam. Gen V really pulled out low-grade Ice-types, and the only one with decent stats has a terrible move pool. So I think Ice needs a little love.

Poison: I'm not too sure what to say here, but Poison needs help. It is only super-effective against Grass, and Toxic is too common among non-Poison Pokemon. If they could give Poison a pretty good move that only they can learn, that might help.

Grass: Like many have said, it's not the number of Pokemon needed, but the expansion of move pools that is required. Only a handful of Grass-types have more diverse move pools, and with all those weaknesses, it really hinders any hopes for Grass-types. Not to mention some of their moves have nasty, almost backfiring side effects. I mean, Rock has the same number of weaknesses, but their moves are deadly, though a bit inaccurate. Grass needs some help, as Gen V introduced some nice Grass-types (Serperior, Leavanny, Lilligent, to name some), but they are hindered by overwhelming weaknesses and shallow selection of moves. So I think Grass needs some much-needed attention.

Ghost: Ghosts, after all these years, are still quite small in size. They barely make up 4% of the national Pokedex, and they can have some seriously sweet moves. However, their number of moves are just as small, with Shadow Ball being the crown gem of them all (Shadow Claw is a good physical Ghost-type move, but still somewhat lacking, though it doesn't stop me from using it). If we could get some more powerful Ghost-type moves and dynamic Ghost-types, we could really see a change in their gameplay. Only a handful of the handful of Ghosts that exist are powerful enough to be a threat (Chandelure, Froslass, and Gengar are some examples), so it would be nice to see Ghost step out of the shadows and gain some of the light's glory. Ah... hehehe, no pun intended.

Psychic: I wasn't gaga for Psychic in the past, especially since the only real good one was Abra, and getting it to its final stage could be a pain at times. However, I did marvel their power, and loved many of their moves, especially in later gens. When the Ralts family came out, I loved them. Probably the first time I used a Psychic-type (well, if one counts Starmie in the past, but I never really utilized it's Psychic-type until Gen III, as I was still learning. My old Gardevoir became my favorite Psychic-type. However, Dark-types easily rained on her parade. Gen IV gave me a few new options: Stick with Gardevoir and use moves like Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, and Focus Blast or go Gallade and move in with Brick Break, Leaf Blade, and Ice Punch. Anyway, back on topic. Psychic has been unfairly slammed due to the Dark-type's immunity and bone-crunching moves that multiple Pokemon can learn like Bite, Crunch, and Night Slash. Gen V's Psychic Pokemon have all had pretty much one thing in common: Low Speed. In the past Psychics could run circles around other types, then dish out the hurt with a nice, wide assortment of moves. I think Sigilyph had gotten the better end of that deal, being fast (to the point it is frustrating),and able to use a wide array of move with pretty good, if not powerful results. Still, the Psychic-type needs a chance to rebound after the Dark-type put them in a crutch. Maybe with a move that can actually hit Dark-types. It doesn't have to be super powerful (70-80 would be nice, but less is fine, just not too much), but enough to give the Psychic types a chance to fight back without extra typing or whatnot.

Well, that's my two cents. Feel free to spend it anyway you want.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Something deeper...A bond Eeveeanne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess it depends on what you mean. If your talking about what type needs more pokemon then there are only 27 ghost types. If your talking about diversity and uniqueness then I vote for Electric and steel types. If you mean better moves then Dark types could use a hand.

For anyone curious, I wondered how many different types of pokes there were. So with duel types equaling one of each, (like zubat= 1 for flying and 1 for poison)here were the results. (give or take 1 here or there)

Ghost = 27
    Ice & Dragon = 29
    Steel = 34
    Fighting, Dark & Electric = 39
    Rock = 47
    Fire = 49
    Poison = 53
    Ground = 59
    Bug = 64
    Psychic = 68
    Grass = 75
    Flying = 80
    Normal = 94
    Water = 110 (wow. O_O)

I never paid attention to the fact that the majority in type diversity goes to the water type!

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post
    You don't find Tyranitar and Darkrai to be that great?
    Well, Darkrai, maybe. I have yet to use one. But Tyranitar, no.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast