VG Weekly Poll #32 Do you participate in the official VGC events? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Do you go to official Play! Pokémon VG events?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I complete!

7 11.11%
  • Yes, but only as a spectator.

4 6.35%
  • No.

52 82.54%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #32 Do you participate in the official VGC events?

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #32 Do you participate in the official VGC events?

Competitive play bothers me. I see absolutely nothing fun about it, and play the games more for the story and just to fill up the pokedex and play around with different pokemon. Even just watching a bunch of other people play competitively would bother me.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

I would like to be a spectator, but the oportunity never came, so I voted the second option.

Blog Entries

No. I can't, first and foremost. There aren't any locations that host it nearby. And even if there were, I'd be too lazy to put together a team, since I'd probably insist on starting fresh (with all my Pokémon raised from egghood), and then abandon the effort midway.

And I have a feeling I'd get curbstomped.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I'm lucky enough to live in a city that hosts Regionals.. well, at least they have been the past three or so years. If it weren't for that, I probably wouldn't be participating in them because of the expense of traveling.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Nope. I don't live close to where official VGC events are usually held and besides that, I think I'd be too nervous to battle in front of a lot of people. Even with starting EV training my teams in the fifth generation games, I'd probably lose to those who are more experienced in competitive battles. I wouldn't mind watching people battle if I could, but I'm more into friendly battles anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123