VG Weekly Poll #32 Do you participate in the official VGC events? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you go to official Play! Pokémon VG events?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I complete!

7 11.11%
  • Yes, but only as a spectator.

4 6.35%
  • No.

52 82.54%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #32 Do you participate in the official VGC events?

Blog Entries

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #32 Do you participate in the official VGC events?

The nearest VGC is held in ~300 km radius from my house AND in a foregin country, so nope.

Thinking about it, I'd love to see my parents faces when I tell them I want money to go to some big nerd PokeParty. :D
    Last edited by rubinek; 14th March 2012 at 11:45 AM.
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

Black 2

Blog Entries

I don't go, most events are held ages away from where I live and almost always when I'm on holiday, and I'm not really bothered with competitive battling, so I wouldn't go anyway.

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I haven't gone since most of the events aren't held anywhere near me and I've never competed because I know good and darned well I'd lose in the first round. Now, if one were held a little closer, I'd go as a spectator. But I'd never try my hand at battling--I just don't have the stones for it.

I ♥ my female Bisharp.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

I play. For those of you who are worried about losing first round, I'm pretty sure it's not single-elimination this year. And yes, the metagame SUCKS. About half the teams I've faced in practice have had Cresselia, but it's still fun. It doesn't matter if you are a noob. My friend made Top 16 with a complete trash team once.

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

Happy NintendoDay Europe! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ZACH ATTACK View Post
    I play. For those of you who are worried about losing first round, I'm pretty sure it's not single-elimination this year. And yes, the metagame SUCKS. About half the teams I've faced in practice have had Cresselia, but it's still fun. It doesn't matter if you are a noob. My friend made Top 16 with a complete trash team once.
    It's still Single Elimination for Europe though.

Also guys, the UK winner (following Ruben's disqualification) used a team entirely made of Pokémon that Gary/Blue used in the anime and games xD.

Rocket Surgeon

***Noob alert***
    I don't even know what a Play! Pokémon event is.

Follow Purellian On Twitter
    Visit Purellian's Youtube Channel

The only competitive battling I've ever done was when HGSS were released. The Gamestop I preordered it at held a small tournament just for fun. I won my first round, but ended up losing the second, but only just barely. I've never had the opportunity to go to one of the official events.

Waiting for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y since January, 2013!

Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

@Joshawott: I had no clue. I wish you could manage to win using those things here. >.<

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

Competitive battle is one of my greatest enjoyments now in the Pokemon games, but no I haven't actually ever thought about entering the VGC because I generally just like to have the odd battle now and then on Random match up, or with friends that are also good battlers.

♦ ceaseless rain ♦ Neosquid's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Neosquid on Facebook
    Follow Neosquid on Tumblr

I haven't gone to one yet, but I would like to participate in the next one.

MOTOR GAMES ON CARDCYCLES SaixBanana's Avatar

Follow SaixBanana on Tumblr

Never been to one, mainly due to distance (I'm from South Florida, so I believe the closest one to there is in Atlanta, and the closest one to my current location in Michigan is in Indiana) and the fact that I'm not a competitive battler. I've kinda always wanted to go as a spectator sometime. It seems like something fun to do.

What is this place / filled with so many reblogs~
    -avatar located on Tumblr, originated from Pixiv-

The Future King Koopa Jr's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Koopa Jr on Tumblr

No, but one always comes near to where I live so I may go to watch one time.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

I haven't visited any yet much less compete in one, but this year, seeing some days of the event held in weekends, I hope to visit there for once and see the competition.

★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Blog Entries

I don't know if it counts, but there are TGC tournaments and sometimes have VG battles on the site. But I already had spent my money on the TGC tournament. So, spectator.

I would certainly like to give it a shot, only there aren't any VGC events in my country >_>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast