VG Weekly Poll #32 Do you participate in the official VGC events?

View Poll Results: Do you go to official Play! Pokémon VG events?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I complete!

7 11.11%
  • Yes, but only as a spectator.

4 6.35%
  • No.

52 82.54%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #32 Do you participate in the official VGC events?

No it's Dr. Strange, love Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default VG Weekly Poll #32 Do you participate in the official VGC events?

Hello Everynyan! Welcome to the thirty-second instalment in the Video Games Forum's new weekly series of polls!

Centered around the Pokemon series of video games, these polls will be based on the various different aspects of the popular video game franchise. Every Monday, a Video Games staff member will post a new poll that'll remained stickied up on top of the forum. Suggestions for polls and questions can be sent to Joshawott, and they could possibly used for new polls (credit will be given, of course).

With that out of the way, here is the poll: Do you participate in the official Play! Pokémon Video Game Championships events?. Now that we are in the qualifying season, do any of you compete in the official events, do you just attend them, or do you play Pokémon more casually?

Past Polls of the Week

01) Was Black and White a step in the right direction?
    02) Did you agree with N's ideals?
    03) Favourite Generation?
    04) Do you EV train?
    05) Favourite Grass-type starter?
    06) Was the Battle Tower/Subway too hard?
    07) Favourite Spin-Off Series?
    08) Favourite Fire/Fighting type starter?
    09) Who was the hardest Gym Leader?
    10) Primary, Secondary of Tertiary Version?
    11) Do you use the Pokémon Global Link?
    12) Do you like the Pokémon Dream World?
    13) Creepiest Pokémon Resting Place?
    14) Favourite Regional Professor?
    15) Favourite Legendary Trio?
    16) Favourite Early Bird?
    17) Favourite Unova Gym Design?
    18) Favourite Ice-type Trainer
    19) Favourite Dragon-type Version Mascot
    20) Initial Reaction to Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition?
    21) Favourite Male Playable Character?
    22) Favourite Villainous team?
    23) Favourite Early Rodent?
    24) Favourite Fossil Pokémon?
    25) Most Anticipated 3DS Feature?
    26) Favourite Female Playable Character?
    27) Thoughts on the Doctor and Nurse trainer classes?
    28) Do you nickname your Pokémon?
    29) Do you use sacrifical moves?
    30) Which Kyurem form is your favourite?
    31) Should Black 2 and White 2 have been on the 3DS?

Thank you for voting!

-The Video Games Forum Staff

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #32 Do you participate in the official VGC events?

Nah. I probably wouldn't mind going as a spectator, but I could never actually compete. I wouldn't be good enough since I don't really play competitively. xP

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I probably would watch them as I do know about strategies and such... but I wouldn't participate. I can't bother to actually make an strategy myself that is minimally reliable, much less to train the pokemon for it.

I preffer to play in more casual enviroments because that allows for generally fun matches. A team of Magikarp, people just using random favorites... It in a way also forces you to think more in the moment: When in competitive play you carefully check for counters and stuff, in casual you don't, so you might be in a situation where a pokemon WILL wipe you out if you don't get rid of it somehow with what you have.

And then there is the masocore approach where you put yourself at disadvantages, with weaker pokemon nobody would use in competitive play. That IS fun.

[/overexposition]

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

No I dont participate in those events. Maybe as a spectator, but I could never compete because Im a complete noob to competitive Pokemon so would probably lose the first match lol. As I said though, I wouldnt mind going to watch others battle.

Comfort ghost Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

No, I don't. I wouldn't mind discovering how well I would do, but the pressure would probably get to me, and if I lost due to bad luck, I would be pretty pissed off. I much prefer to play friendly matches.

Who is this git?

I don't really go since I'd get creamed in the first round, and as for watching, I get bored watching competitive play since most of the time people don't do random stuff, like my friend with his bouncing magikarp of death.

Blog Entries

I would if I could, but we all know the Distortion World will freeze over before Las Vegas (the home of gambling, drugs and the Mafia!!) is ever going to host a Pokemon event.

Though I am debating on busing out to Pleasanton this year, if finances and time permit me to do so.

I only dabble into competitive stuff occasionally, but I'm not a huge fan of the VGC metagame. I wouldn't mind going as a spectator, though. In fact, I should probably do that sometime.

"We understand ideals like love and dreams
    But reality in front of your eyes isn't so easy."

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Never been to those kinds of games. I'd lose to those EV trained guys in the first round.

But maybe if it's like a Battle Factory, I might give it a shot :)

Blog Entries
    Add Gomazou on Facebook
    Follow Gomazou on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    Never been to those kinds of games. I'd lose to those EV trained guys in the first round.

But maybe if it's like a Battle Factory, I might give it a shot :)
    You bring your own Pokémon with you typically, though there may be an event like that that I'm just not personally aware of (Battle Factory-like event).

I personally don't participate, because honestly, I'm not the greatest at competitive battling and would probably lose quite...easily. xD

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Senior Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

Yes I have gone to 2 official VGC events which are the 2010 and 2012 UK National Qualifiers but I have only competed in the 2012 qualifier because I arrived too late to compete in the 2010 qualifier. In the 2012 qualifier I lost in the first round but managed to defeat 2 out my opponent's 4 chosen Pokémon. See my 16th blog entry for a description of my first championship battle.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Senior Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v5].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Blog Entries

No I live to far away from most and if I did I've get creamed, and just watching people fight would get boring

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Nope, but I wish to participate if it wasn't too far away.

Blog Entries

Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

I've tried to compete in the past but swimming and crap has gotten in the way so I haven't been able to participate. It sucks that every year I take about two months to put together a team and then I find out that I have time trials the same day. Last year I was FINALLY able to participate but I failed. -w-

Blog Entries

Follow Sneaselz on Tumblr

No I don't complete compete or spectate, only because they never take place by where I live, I'd really like to go though
    Boosh!

3DS FC: 3265-5253-3343
    Rock Safari: Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast