VG Weekly Poll #31 Should Black 2 and White 2 have been on the 3DS? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Should Black 2/White 2 have been on the 3DS?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. 3DS all the way!

31 22.63%
  • No, they're fine on the DS.

80 58.39%
  • I don't really care. Doesn't affect me.

26 18.98%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #31 Should Black 2 and White 2 have been on the 3DS?

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #31 Should Black 2 and White 2 have been on the 3DS?

Personally, I don't really care. Not having it on the 3DS might be a little bit counterintuitive but it still works out for everyone - anyone with a DS or better system can and will be able to play it, and even DS games can help the 3DS - remember, the 3DS can play DS games just fine, with the only thing being screen resolution hijinks - everything else works as it would on a DS, unlike how DS handled GBA.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

I don't mind having them on the DS. Granted, I was rather surprised to hear that the new games weren't going to be on the 3DS, but I don't care. Since I have a 3DS, but prefer my DSi XL, what system the games are on is inconsequential to me. Plus, I always thought a mid-generation shift would be odd.

Blog Entries

It simply makes more sense for B/W2 to be on the DS than on the 3DS. The DS has a far larger installation base than the 3DS, and they most likely want the inevitable sixth generation to be the first 3DS releases for the flagship games. Also, putting the sequels on a separate system from the originals would be an odd move. Even G/S (which were originally R/B sequels) were able to be played on the same system (GameBoy).

Blog Entries

I think it should stay on the normal DS/Lite/i/iXL since B/W are already on those systems. I understand the 3DS needs more games, and having some cool 3D features for pokemon would be awesome, but I personally do not have any intensions of getting a 3DS until they make a second generation for it and until more games come out for it as well, not just pokemon.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyumorph on Tumblr

I would most certainly enjoy them more on the 3DS, but I think it will sell better if it's just regular DS. The crowd that hasn't bought a 3DS isn't exactly small.

Although a double release would be awesome.

Blog Entries

NO PLEASE! I GOT MY FIRST POKEMON GAME A YEAR AGO (and i call myself a true fan... I only just got into it last year) I'M NOT READY TO GIVE UP MY DSi!!!!!

Blog Entries

Follow Kyumorph on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Valcarona View Post
    NO PLEASE! I GOT MY FIRST POKEMON GAME A YEAR AGO (and i call myself a true fan... I only just got into it last year) I'M NOT READY TO GIVE UP MY DSi!!!!!
    Well, I wouldn't expect them to shift just yet. They're direct sequels, a hardware shift would be kind of awkward in that middle of a generation. You'll be alright for now, most likely.
    Although I do expect Gen 6 to be on the 3DS, so I'd be ready for that if I were you.

I won't bite... Emerald-eyed Sableye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am actually happy that they're on the DS and not the 3DS for the reason that I don't want the same situation again like the Generation IV games and Generation V where they both are on the DS I prefer Generation VI to be the only one on the 3DS.

No.

1. It's still gen 5. Just because gen 4 was on the same system doesn't mean GF wants to start having half of the gen on one system and half of the gen on another.
    2. Sequels don't have to be on the same system, but when they're released as close together as BW and 2(BW) is, it would just be upsetting to those who got BW on the non-3DS if their sequels were on a system they don't have.

Something deeper...A bond Eeveeanne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! For the love of Chuck Norris, YES! I has the 3ds already and was so looking forward to playing the next gen on it....BOO NO 3D!

That being said I do understand that not everyone out there has one and that it would be best to give the 3DS some more time before throwing the pokemon game which are originally DS platform on it but they could have at least made it optional! ARG!

For the fact GF was able to come with the game in a shorter amount of time I am happy. Also, I'm sure it was so that the next game (I assume Ruby/Sapphire remakes) will be the first in 3D.

I would like to see Kanto in 3D at some point, maybe Gen VI

Yes. And the Wii(U) as well. But, don't forget about the DS.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

No, I don't think that they should have been on the 3DS. There just wasn't enough time for them to develop these games for the 3DS and they might have wanted to wait until the 3DS has been out for a couple of years before putting a main series game on the system so that the price could be reduced, as well as giving people more time to buy the system. Plus, since these are sequel games, it does kind of make sense to make them for the same systems as the original games so they wouldn't have to make kids get the 3DS to play the sequels.

After playing a bit of both games earlier today, I can say that I'm quite content with B2/W2 being on the DS. It really works fine for me.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I would have died if it was. I barely had enough money to buy the game so I certainly don't have enough for a 3DS. Also I have a DS lite and DSi that are almost new (lite has a scratch on the touch screen ;_;) that work with no problems and I just got them in the past two years so no need for another one right now until at least one croaks.

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

I'm glad it's on the DS, it would be weird to split one generation across two different handhelds.
    I hope gen 6 is on the 3DS though.

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast