VG Weekly Poll #31 Should Black 2 and White 2 have been on the 3DS? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Should Black 2/White 2 have been on the 3DS?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. 3DS all the way!

31 22.63%
  • No, they're fine on the DS.

80 58.39%
  • I don't really care. Doesn't affect me.

26 18.98%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #31 Should Black 2 and White 2 have been on the 3DS?

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #31 Should Black 2 and White 2 have been on the 3DS?

I just said in my last post, the original GS said "Game Boy Color" right on the boxes.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0e/Pokemon_Gold_boxart_EN-US.jpg

Blog Entries

While Nintendo would have gained a lot more money if they did it on the 3DS, I was quite happy to see I won't have to buy a $700 3DS (plus the game itself, which costs around $200).
    Originally said by Albert Einstein
    Only 2 things are infinite:the universe and human stupidity. Though I'm not sure about the first one.

I would've perfered if it was on the 3DS but at least more people can own the game, plus it has 3DS exclusive features...I wonder what those are though...

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Senior Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by VastBlack and DeepWh View Post
    I would've perfered if it was on the 3DS but at least more people can own the game, plus it has 3DS exclusive features...I wonder what those are though...
    It won't have 3DS exclusive features but it will have DSi exclusive features which will be useable on the 3DS like in the first Generation V games Black and White.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Senior Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v5].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Yes, it is the up-to-date system and I think that with two consecutive generations on the DS a shift mid-generation would not be all that odd.

I would mind if they were on the 3DS but I think they should save it for the next generation.

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm actually glad that BW2 are on DS. It's nice knowing that I won't have to pony up for a new system for a while, thus giving me time to save up for it.

I ♥ my female Bisharp.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

I would have liked them on the 3DS. That would have boosted 3DS sales up even more, although the "average" person would probably just think Black 2/White 2 where just 3DS versions, and would skip them entirely. Since I have a 3DS, I would have liked it better =/

Of Coarse it should have been 3ds. The 3ds is awesome. It is also (despite how poorly it started off) is became the fastest selling console after its price dropped. If its for 3ds it would sell even faster

Blog Entries

It doesn't affect me, because I have a 3DS and a normal DS, but I think it's good that they're just for DS, because it means people who only have a DS can buy it without having to spend money on a 3DS.
    I think it should have had 3DS-exclusive features, but I suppose DSi features that work on the 3DS is almost as good. Maybe I just want to feel special because I have a 3DS

Follow Purellian On Twitter
    Visit Purellian's Youtube Channel

I think I'm mostly glad that it's on the DS. If they'd put it on the 3DS, I feel that the 3DS features would not have been utilized very well. The most they would have done is made the graphics pop out a little with the 3D engaged, and even that wouldn't have been very much, I feel. I could see it being effective while you walk around and stuff, but how could it possibly look good in battle with this generation's graphics? I'm thinking it would look like a bunch of cardboard cutouts standing around and wiggling back and forth when they attack, which doesn't sound attractive to me. I think waiting to utilize the 3DS for gen VI would be MUCH better, as they would then be able to tweak the overall graphics of the game to work much better with 3D, plus implement all the other dandy features of the 3DS, such as streetpass.

Waiting for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y since January, 2013!

Blog Entries

I don't have a 3DS yet, so I'm good with them being for the DS.

Turtles All The Way Down Continent Turtle's Avatar
    Add Continent Turtle on Facebook
    Visit Continent Turtle's Youtube Channel

I always thought the next Pokémon games would be on the Nintendo 3DS. It seems natural to me, with the 3DS' initial slow start. They could sell HUGE amounts of 3DS's if Black/White 2 would have been on the 3DS, exactly what Nintendo needs.
    I claimed Leavanny!
    I claimed Albert Wesker!
    I claimed Ghirahim!

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Let's release an important game on a system that's doing badly!"
    That isn't preciselly a good commercial strategy.

The problem of 3DS is the five thousand DS remakes, not the games.

When they make a finished/upgraded version of it, THEN you will have games for it.

Besides, they haven't even figured what good use to give to the 3DS yet. What good would the games have on a 3DS that doesn't on a DS? Everything I can think off is BOTH
    1: A trivial gimmick
    2: More effectively done as a 3DS-enchanced DS game (Of course, given there aren't any, I'd guess they just didn't consider making such and therefore impossible)

Having them as a 3DS exclusive this early in the system's life would simply be mean and not as effective as it'd be worth. (What do you think will outweight: A game, or a system? They cannot risk losing sales for BW2)

[/overexposition]

Blog Entries

I'm putting off buying a 3DS for as long as I can. -_-

Why? The 3D gives me migraines. Even 3D movies do that.
    Getting a 3DS and not using the 3D would feel like getting the first DS and turing off one screen.

I'm not paying extra for a feature I can't use. :/
    (Not to mention the fact that I don't really have the free cash to be dropping on new systems. Games I can ask for for presents, a whole system is too much money.)

tl;dr I'm happy the games are on the DS.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast