VG Weekly Poll #31 Should Black 2 and White 2 have been on the 3DS? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Should Black 2/White 2 have been on the 3DS?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. 3DS all the way!

31 22.63%
  • No, they're fine on the DS.

80 58.39%
  • I don't really care. Doesn't affect me.

26 18.98%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #31 Should Black 2 and White 2 have been on the 3DS?

Blog Entries

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #31 Should Black 2 and White 2 have been on the 3DS?

I would also rather have them on the 3DS, but I don't mind them being on DS that much either.
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

Black 2

Blog Entries

I'm fine with it as long as they fix the resolution issue :<

And if this world runs out of lovers
    We'll still have each other
    Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now

Click here to join the fabulous Striaton Triplets Club!
    Looking for a legit shiny Cryogonal or Sigilyph!

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

It would have boosted 3DS sales a lot more, but I've got my DS and 3DS, so i dont care

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I for one am glad its on the DS. They shouldnt switch consoles halfway through a generation, so they did the right thing with B2/W@ honestly. More people have DS's, so can play these games without spending 200 dollars for the 3DS and the game, those that already have a 3DS can play the game on their system in 2D, so this way, the games are reachable to a larger audience than they probably would be on the 3DS because people may not want to or cannot afford to buy a 3DS just to play these games.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

antidope Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

It's a complicated question. It doesn't send a good message that one of Nintendo's primary system sellers--hell, the primary system seller--isn't taking advantage of the company's new handheld. Indeed, this will be the second mainstream game in the franchise not be released on the 3DS since the system launched in the US. At the same time, a direct continuation that'll reuse the sheer majority of the same assets as it predecessor would be easier to release on the same system, and it would undoubtedly sell more on the DS than the 3DS.

GameFreak isn't acting on Nintendo's best interests here. It may have hurt them in the long run, but fortunately for them, the 3DS is now doing quite well without Pokemon support. While I would've personally preferred a 3DS version since I own a 3DS, not a lot of people want to invest in faulty and flawed hardware.

Blog Entries

Since I have both it doesn't affect me too much

Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

I wish they'd make them on both systems so I can finally get some decent use out of my 3DS besides Mariokart 7. If only DS, fine. I'll still buy one of them.

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Don't really care, but the graphics would have been awesome XDD. Personally, I'd love to see the characters in 3D

Blog Entries

Nope, they are just fine where they are. Its good for the consumers since it allows us to play the games without having to upgrade, and its good for them since alot more units will be sold this way.

I didn't want a 3DS right now or soon anyways.

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

I think it's absolutely fine that the new additions will be on DS and not 3DS. DS is still a very popular system and Pokemon is going to look amazing whatever system it's on. Yeah sure maybe in the future a 3DS version will come out, but until then they can release as many on DS as they please.

I'm glad they made it for the DS, rather than the 3DS. Personally, I don't want to see a pokemon game for the 3DS until gen 6.

Also, since it's for the DS, that means I can put off actually buying a 3DS. :P

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It doesn't matter to me because I have a DS Lite and a 3DS. But looking at past patterns (not like Game Freak's been breaking traditions lately), Pokemon generations always stayed on the same console.

Each generation has its own gameplay mechanics and graphical interface to be compatible across all of its games and the handheld console. If the rest of Gen V was exclusively on the 3DS, it would have to change some mechanical things.

In Gen II, Gold and Silver were compatible with the original Game Boy and Crystal was Game Boy Color only. However, Gold and Silver were marketed as GBC games right on the boxes.

Save the 3DS for Gen VI.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Gen V is on the DS, end of story. We will not and should not see a 3DS game until Gen VI.
    Fyrirgefðu

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    It doesn't matter to me because I have a DS Lite and a 3DS. But looking at past patterns (not like Game Freak's been breaking traditions lately), Pokemon generations always stayed on the same console.
    Er, weren't Gold and Silver on the Gameboy whlie Crystal is for Gameboy Color?

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Er, weren't Gold and Silver on the Gameboy whlie Crystal is for Gameboy Color?
    Gold and Silver had full color capability and were marketed as Color games, but they still worked on Gameboy.
    Fyrirgefðu

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast