VG Weekly Poll #3: Favorite Generation? - Page 6

View Poll Results: Favorite generations?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st Generation

52 21.49%
  • 2nd Generation

76 31.40%
  • 3rd Generation

102 42.15%
  • 4th Generation

81 33.47%
  • 5th Generation

98 40.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #3: Favorite Generation?

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Which did you prefer?

Gen 4 and 5 are my favorites followed by 2, then 1, then 3. I didn't like RSE much at all. Although, I am proud to have a shiny Aggron on my Emerald team, since Aggron is my favorite out of the few gen 3 Pokemon I love. I was totally shocked and ecstatic when I encountered him as a wild Aron. <3

He has the perfect nature too, a brave nature! He kicks ass because of it. Beware my sparkling blue Aggron! :D

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

I mentioned in another post that I don't have a particular favourite. I started from the beginning (Generation 1), but every generation is so different to each other in my eyes, that I could't possibly favour one more than the other.

I just tend to savour the best bits from each Generation and enjoy it, as it constantly evolves :).

Blog Entries

Follow Ennife on Tumblr

I was never able to beat Red, so Silver and Sapphire were my favorite two games. Sapphire over Silver, because I don't have to save in between boxes so I can still go back and play it. Most of my Gen1-3 Pokemon in Black are from my Sapphire, either bred there or caught.
    Black FC: 0003 2921 9951
    Platinum FC : 0389 5693 5042

September 9 ~ If we had an open trade or request before I went MIA, please PM me and I'd LOVE to work out the details again.
    Working on a Wishmaker Jirachi trade station (almost a giveaway) since I dug up my Bonus Disk, VM/PM me if you're interested.

Gen II and III. Gen II was when I first started playing pokemon, and I really liked the day/night feature in the game. HG and SS could easily place 1st for my favorite Pokemon game, I love how much quality and nostalgia they put into Gold and Silver's remakes.

and I love gen III because Ruby was the first Pokemon game I fully completed (Playing gen II was kind of hard for me, I was pretty young and couldnt quite read fluently) and I love Hoenn, and it had a great storyline
    HeartGold FC- 3697 3834 7354
    Platinum FC- 3826 2943 9809
    Black FC- 2623 7586 3462

Don't mess with L!

I notice I have a strong attachment to the odd numbered Gens due to their solid hold on knowing what they want in terms of gameplay direction/mechanics and pulling it off. Gen III is my favorite (high in fun factor and exploration) and going by how things are shaping up, Gen V might become a fierce competitor in challenging that title due to its own table shifts.

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #3: Favorite Generation?

First generation!!! I love the first 151 Pokemon, but i like all generations alot
    I cant believe the first generation has the least votes @_@ They were the first pokemon and the most original and they started everything.

I'll probably want to change my vote after B2W2. Generation V is made of pure awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Meli View Post
    They were the first pokemon and the most original and they started everything.
    This means absolutely nothing.
    And I don't think they are "the most original". Not at all.

it means alot bcos of the nostalgia ;P

Follow kavemank On Twitter Add kavemank on Facebook
    Add kavemank on Linkedin Visit kavemank's Youtube Channel

hard to beat the original 2

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I said the first two Gens. GSC are my favorite games, well HGSS are my favorite games in the entire series, but I don't count remakes when deciding a favorite Gen.

I said gen II because of all of the features that they introduced that we take for granted now: from having post story to night and day cycles, to even breeding.

I said Gen I because it made the most important feature in pokemon games: battling catching and trading pokemon!

Also, I think they have by far the best pokemon designs. They werent overly complicated like the newer ones, so to me they seem to be the most real

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Follow Clyde Donovan On Twitter
    Follow Clyde Donovan on Tumblr Visit Clyde Donovan's Youtube Channel

It is AWESOME to see so many people voting for Generation 3. I loved the region, storyline, characters, and Pokemon. Hoenn is my favorite, followed closely by Unova. I guess I'm a sucked for a good story. <:

I cannot express how happy I am that so many people like Gen III! I'm honestly surprised that it received the most votes. Gen III is the one game that I have played from beginning to Championship at least three times. In fact, I've played all three versions(R/S/E), except I never made it to championship in Ruby because I lost it. IN FACT, I happen to be playing Sapphire from the beginning right now.

There are just so many parts I love about Gen III. Although the graphics definitely can't compare to that of Gen V, the graphics were a major development in the Pokemon game series compared to the previous 2 generations. The rain is nice and the falling ash is nice, plus the wind. I love all the little details that are included in the game - the puddles, the differences between tall and short grass, the fact that you can see your own reflection in the water, AND the secret bases! I almost forgot about the secret bases until I noticed that secret base tree at Route 110 when I was either biking or walking from Slateport to Mauville City today. The designs for the cities are nice - some are just very unique like Pacifidlog Town and Foretree City. The music is pretty good - not the best, but some of the themes are memorable - I love the rival theme and the rival battle theme, and I also enjoy the Verdanturf Town theme(very peaceful and pretty sounding). But...the best thing about the games for me is definitely the environment. Some places it would be raining, some places it would be raining ash - the routes varied from one another. Oh yeah, Gen III also has a big fancy beach(I think IV and V also had beaches, but not as fancy). That stuck out to me a lot the first time I played Ruby.

Plus...the character designs are really nice. Not just for the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four, but for the random opponents that walk up to you and ask you for a challenge as well. Parasol Lady and the tubers really stuck out to me, as well as the twins and the Psychics. Oh yeah, love the outfits for Team Magma. Adorable. And Steven Stone. And the character designs for the protagonist/rival for Gen III are my favorites, primarily the character design for Brandon.

And then of course we have the Pokemon designs. Gen III have some pretty amazing Pokemon designs, although I do prefer the Pokemon designs for Gen II a bit more. Gen III have some very graceful and exotic looking Pokemon such as Milotic, Altaria, Gardevoir, Absol, etc. And...some very "rough and tough" looking ones such as Metagross and Aggron.

I will have to say that I favor the storyline for Gen V, just because its a little darker and more mature, not to mention deeper. There's a bunch of character development in the Gen V games, especially for N.

But all in all, my favorite Generation has to be three.

Gen I is my favorite, probably because that's what i grew up with. As for the gameplay, Gen IV was really great.

TheAussie Rayquaza Master Brayquaza64's Avatar

Visit Brayquaza64's Youtube Channel

Usually I rate Pokemon games by how much that it has advanced from the previous version.
    Generation 3 was a big step and generation 4 was even greater.
    Plus Sapphire was my first Pokemon game and I played Diamond at the right time in my life and I love that music. So Generations 3 & 4 seem greatest to me.
    Try my version of 'Which Pokemon Are You?' quiz for Gates to Infinity. (It is pretty long btw)

Since the game doesn't have one already... (I've used the old questions and the newest Pokemon)

In Love With Snowmen Anikasnow6's Avatar

Generation III is my favorite.
    When I got into pokemon, Generation IV was really new and popular. I got Pokemond Diamond and watched the DP anime a lot. I was all over Gen. 4. But I liked pokemon in general. So when I saw something pokemon-related in the Scholastic book catalogs, I would buy it.
    However, many of the books were about the Battle Frontier. I realized they were good and I was in distress when I lost one. Eventually, I saw my brother watching a pokemon episode, and I thought it was really good. Turns out it was from Gen. 3.
    And about games, I wanted Emerald so that I could do that Pal Park stuff. But, when I played it, I completely fell in love with the game. I didn't bother doing Pal Park and I didn't play Diamond for about half a year after I got Emerald. Then, one day, Emerald broke. I guess I shouldn't have bought a used one...ehehe...
    Luckily for me, my brother downloaded Pokemon Emerald and VBA (Visual Boy Advance) on the computer for me. I've played Emerald a thousand times over. And yet I'm still not bored.
    So I like Gen. III because of significantly good graphics, fun games, awesome episodes, really good manga, and nice books.
    Sorry about the essay.
    I support AdvanceShipping, LuckyShipping, ViridianShipping, FranticShipping, IkariShipping, BelleShipping, HyperShipping, and many other pairings.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast