VG Weekly Poll #3: Favorite Generation? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Favorite generations?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st Generation

52 21.49%
  • 2nd Generation

76 31.40%
  • 3rd Generation

102 42.15%
  • 4th Generation

81 33.47%
  • 5th Generation

98 40.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #3: Favorite Generation?

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #3: Favorite Generation?

I believe most people agree that the first generation they played was their favorite.
    Our own first gen be it gen one,two,five was where we learned basic stuff and simply enjoyed playing instead of thinking of movesets,matchups and stats.
    And everything was new.

Gen.V is still young,so we can't seriously call it the best,B/W are a step in the right direction and show the great potential of Gen.V.
    But the next games are where we can know for sure. Honestly I don't know what I would like more:to have remakes of R/S or not to have them! But I would definitely like third version before the remakes.

Blog Entries

Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

I just love Hoenn.

First off, Emerald was technically my first game that hadn't been already played by someone else. Second, the storyline and scenery in Emerald just blows you away. Third, the level of difficulty was significantly higher then its predecessors, in my opinion. The gym mazes were the hardest, Victory Road took me at least a month to finish, the new addition in the Battle Frontier, and the Sealed Chamber, which I haven't even cleared today.

I don't get why this is a multiple choice poll, because you can just select all and say that ALL of the games were your favorite. So, my one vote goes to the 3rd Gen.

Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Gen III. The graphics are great, the regions are vibrant, the new pokemon are excellent (imo), the plotline in RSE was great, not to mention that it was the game that got me hooked to Pokemon. Gen III I have a feeling will always be my favorite generation.

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

Gen 2 for nostalgia. (Gen IV would have been a nostalgianostalgia for me, but I was too lazy to click 3 different Gens. D:) Gen 5 for sheer quality.

3rd and 2nd Generation

2nd Generation has a lot of phenomenally designed pokemon and great battlers that I use in teams all the time. I also loved Soul Silver (Never had original).

3rd Generation has also greatly designed pokemon and brought a lot of my signature pokemon with it such as absol and flygon. And I loved all the renovations it brought with it :D And its plot and gameplay were no slouches.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

For me, it's gotta be either Gen III or V. Gen III was the first time I really got into the games, mainly because that was the first time I actually knew what I was doing. There's more nostalgia there than with any other Generation for me.
    Gen V, meanwhile, is what I consider the best Generation of them all: a game that took what preceded it, then streamlined it almost perfectly while simultaneously leaving it behind. The designs are impeccable (they mark a significant improvement over Gen IV; whereas Gen IV's designs gave a sense of "We're running out of ideas and trying to force everything we can think of", Gen V's seem to say "We don't care! Let's do whatever we can think of and try to make it the best we can!"), and the graphics are better than any game preceding them. Not only that, but BW seems to have more soul and atmosphere than its predecessors, from the improved story to the fantastic city designs (Village Bridge had a distinctly Miyazakian feel to it, which is definitely a good thing). Gen V marks a new beginning for the franchise, and only makes me optimistic for the future.
    But then Gen III was pretty cool, too...
    Gen I gets an Honorable Mention for being the most impressionist of all the Generations (and for being the Generation that made everything else possible).

Blog Entries

Generation III. I loved the Hoenn region, the diverse character cast and the creative Pokémon, of course. Some Hoenn Pokémon are a bit flawed competitive wise, but their designs are the best. The original R/S/E soundtrack was great, too. I loved the orchestral sounds and the revolutionary trainer battle music and Gym Leader battle music.
    I claimed the fabulous Burgh in the Official Claim-A-Character thread, and I claimed Quiver Dance in the Official Claim-A-Move thread.

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For me, it's Gen V. Why? The better storyline and the actual clean break from the previous Gens, among other things. But Unova gave me something that the previous games never quite could: A pair of undeniable favorite Pokemon. For that, Generation V will always be my favorite.

I ♥ my female Bisharp.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Happy NintendoDay Europe! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Generation I.

Those were the good ol' days; too young to have to worry about work, qualifications, relationships etc, yet old enough to have some freedom. It was a time when kids could go out and see others without the fear of them being grabbed by some stranger. A time where it was cool to like Pokémon, and not bringing your Gameboy to school resulted in a reaction that was worse than death itself.

We didn't have wireless communication or Wi-Fi, but we had loads more players around, and link cables. They were the good ol' days!

Blog Entries
    Follow Avrig On Twitter
    Follow Avrig on Tumblr Visit Avrig's Youtube Channel

Generation II.

I still remember how happy I was, when I heard about Gold and Silver. It wasn't a self-evident thing at least for me that there would be any followers for RBY - of course now when I'm older it's really obvious that there will be new Pokémon games as long as it sells, but back then as a kid it definitely wasn't. The new Pokémon, whole new region, Gyms, characthers, colors (: D) - it was pretty much everything I wanted and I also got it. Some might call it a stupid nostalgia, but for me it was just pure happiness and excitement. The happiness for just knowing that Pokémon games won't end yet made me love the 2nd generation more passionately than other generations.
    I claimed Mamoswine ♥ randomness @ twitterAvrig @ deviantart

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    Gen III. The graphics are great, the regions are vibrant, the new pokemon are excellent (imo), the plotline in RSE was great, not to mention that it was the game that got me hooked to Pokemon. Gen III I have a feeling will always be my favorite generation.
    ^This.
    I'll just add that the emerald bf was the best ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

My personal favourite generation is the current generation, Generation V. Can't stop having these minor and yet useful improvements... I just can't go back to molasses speed of Generation IV. Even III feels slow now. And I'm a fan of these new Pokémon.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Gen II, it was the first one I actually understood whilst playing (Sort of, I knew I had to level up pokemon xD) and even now despite the graphics and lack of some feature that were added in later generations I still prefer it. Typlosion, still the best starter ever.
    Friend code (Black): 3138 7853 2313 =)

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

I like Generation IV the best. The graphics were great. Also the music and the sounds improved in quality in my opinion from that generation (imo). Also Gen IV had me interested in Pokemon games again since Gold and Silver.
    I have never owned Gameboy Advance nor Gen III games, so I don't have much to say about Gen III sadly ;_;

Blog Entries

For me it's between III and V

Hoenn was a expermental Gen they actualy changed things rather then Gen I 2.0 (Gen II is by far the most uoriginal region) the had brilliant Pokemon awesome Legends that actually HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE STORY! and a beautiful region

Gen V because Unova is cool gret pokemon and it's unique plus the music is awesome (Village Bridge has the most beautiful music of the series)
    Is anyone else suprised that Gen I only has 7 votes...) and of course Hoenn is winning again take that haters!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast