VG Weekly Poll #27 Thoughts on Doctors and Nurse trainer classes? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you like the healing aspect of the Doctor and Nurse trainer classes?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Such a relief.

99 86.84%
  • Don't really care.

10 8.77%
  • No! Makes things too easy.

5 4.39%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #27 Thoughts on Doctors and Nurse trainer classes?

Blog Entries

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #27 Thoughts on Doctors and Nurse trainer classes?

They really made grinding easier.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

"Hey, let's find a way to make the routes and game even easier you guys!"
    "What could that be?"
    "Okay, get this, let's put what's practically healing stations everywhere!"
    "Fucking brilliant idea!"

I can understand the grinding sentiment, but that's a problem that shouldn't be solved by making the game easier. The routes need to be seriously kicked up in length, complexity, diversity and difficulty. Level grinding should be fixed with something else.

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

I think they're an improvement on the games. I'm cheap and dislike buying Potions, so being able to heal while on a long route is nice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    "What could that be?"

I can understand the grinding sentiment, but that's a problem that shouldn't be solved by making the game easier. The routes need to be seriously kicked up in length, complexity, diversity and difficulty. Level grinding should be fixed with something else.
    It'seasy for u sbecause we're older... think bout the kids who just started with Pokemon...
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

What is your point? I can vaguely remember managing every other pokémon game without them, they weren't needed before. Black and White weren't radically harder, at least when it comes to route design and trainers found there, so they are not needed for younger players.
    Last edited by H-con; 6th February 2012 at 06:02 PM.
    rubinek likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

They were helpful in some aspects, but I wouldn't care either way if they stayed in the games.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

"What could that be?"

The routes were easier because Game Freak found out that kids had trouble reaching through Snowpoint City. Keep in mind that they are the franchise's primary demographic.

Blog Entries

Yes, let's make everything ridiculously inconvenient because the games are too ~*~easy~*~ now.

In fact, let's just go back to Gen I while we're at it.
    Saiga, Ookalf, Silverwynde and 4 others like this.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

"What could that be?"

The routes have always been easy. All the doctors and nurses do is save time so you don't have to backtrack to heal. I can't see how that actually makes things easier when it's just as easy to backtrack to a Pokemon Center, it's just tedious to do so.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I like the Doctor/Nurse trainers. Its nice to have someone that will heal your team after you beat them. Great for if you are level grinding and such. I dont really like having to run back to the Pokemon Center all the time, they are a relief.

Blog Entries

I liked not needing escape ropes or too many potions anymore. Whether its the nurse or a healing machine (Colosseum), they're very convenient in long treks.

Mama, we all go to hell. TheCapsFan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Yes, let's make everything ridiculously inconvenient because the games are too ~*~easy~*~ now.

In fact, let's just go back to Gen I while we're at it.
    But then we have more Kanto. D:<

I didn't find them very useful and didn't like them, it kinda takes part of the challenge out of the main story.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    The routes have always been easy. All the doctors and nurses do is save time so you don't have to backtrack to heal. I can't see how that actually makes things easier when it's just as easy to backtrack to a Pokemon Center, it's just tedious to do so.
    And so what? It should be tedious to backtrack, otherwise there's no real aspect of conserving your strength. Do you remove your progress on the route to heal or do you push on (not that it's hard to use potions for that matter, money isn't hard to come by either, so that's no real excuse if you ask me)? Removing item cap in bag, removing poison fainting and then removing damage outside of battle altogether and then putting in healing stations in routes that certainly don't need them to get through.

Level grinding shouldn't be fixed by putting healing stations onto routes. It should get fixed by making it much less required, quick up the length of routes and more NPCs on the way as well. Not by making it easier to grind in an area.

However, I'd rather have nurses and doctors spread all around the routes if the routes actually got bigger and more complex (and no, I don't care about the game getting too "difficult", there's plenty of games harder than that aimed at the target audience, so saying it's too hard is comparable to being lazy). At least I can ignore the healing-function they give.

Blog Entries

I guess they're helpful when progressing through the dungeon for the first time, but never afterwards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MizuTaipu View Post
    I guess they're helpful when progressing through the dungeon for the first time, but never afterwards.
    The nurse in the Celestial Tower was a lifesaver for me after I cleared the area; she was a wonderful assist while I was EV training/leveling up my Elgyem in White. She also kept some of the swearing to a minimum when I tried to EV train my Deino in Black. (If I'd been forced to run to the Pokemon Center every time that Dragon had fainted, I might have pitched my DS against a wall. It was that bad.) So yeah, they do have their uses. I really hope they stay.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast