VG Weekly Poll #26 Favourite Female Playable Character? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Favourite Female Playable Character?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kris (Crystal)

18 11.04%
  • May (RSE)

32 19.63%
  • Dawn (DPt)

26 15.95%
  • Lyra (HGSS)

17 10.43%
  • Hilda (BW)

52 31.90%
  • Other

18 11.04%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #26 Favourite Female Playable Character?

That Zoroark is a Spy! Silver06's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Silver06's Youtube Channel

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #26 Favourite Female Playable Character?

Dawn: BY THE POWER OF THE MINISKIRT! but in all seriousness, i think she is my favorite becuase she is helpful for once unlike Kris who is never seen if you dont pick her. May is really unsettling with her 18 year old body on a 12 year old girl, and lyra came off as just, meh, hilda i didnt pick either becuase i felt that b&w had enough important female characters anyway: Juniper, bianca, skyla, elise, lenora, ect.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

I personally think Hilda reveals way too much skin.

The BW2 girl Mei would be my choice if that were an option, so I just picked Others.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Blog Entries

Follow Fennel on Tumblr

Dawn. She sure rocks her scarf and hat.

1 - May. She looks pretty normal, mostly, and...yeah. She's just really awesome, in my opinion.
    2 - Hilda. Okay, sure, she does look a little slutty she does have a weird name and all, but she looks...normal-ish. Modern looking, but that's because she's living in Unova.
    3 - Leaf. I like her a lot, but her overworld sprite looks like a giant hat. xD But...she's pretty cool. I haven't really played FRLF much, so IDK.
    4 - Dawn. I like her, it's just...too talkative. And that skirt...ugh. I hate skirts. It's just too low. Too modern. She reminds me of Dawn. She's pretty cool, though, once you get used to her.
    5 - Mei. Okay, first off, she looks pretty cool and all, but...the overworld sprite. OMG. Can you get any bigger pigtails (or whatever those things are)?!?! I'm going to play the boy on that game once it comes out xD Sporty, though...
    6 - Kris. It's not that I don't like her, it's just that I haven't played her, so...she seems pretty okay.
    7 - Lyra. Too...girly. Her overworld sprite? Eww. Too talkative, too girly, too...idk. Too Lyra-ish. No offense.

In my opinion, the boys look way better xD I wish I was a boy, except for...

contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Hilda/Touko I like her design and I imagine her being an awesome character

Lyra in second due to being the first one to name after myself

Blog Entries

I think it's really sad when people resort to calling certain characters "slutty," and critique what they're wearing based on how much skin is showing. Hilda isn't showing any more skin than Leaf or Dawn, and yet I rarely hear any complaints about their outfits. I can't believe the amount of slut-shaming people can get away with on here. It's fine if you don't like a certain character's outfit, but it doesn't warrant some of the disgusting comments I've seen here.
    CynthiaLover likes this.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

My favorite is Leaf. I love her outfit and she looks like a determined character. My second favorite is May because she has a tomboy vibe that suits all the secret base building I like to do!

Platina (DPPt) has a pretty neat outfit, especially in the Platinum edition. Her more feminine look suits the Pokemon contests that I like to do in that game.

Hilda looks tough and cool, but I don't like how her shorts look.

I haven't played Crystal, but I prefer Kris's design to Lyra. I don't see why Kris had to be redesigned. Lyra and B2W2 girl look too young and not really like the adventuring type. I don't have a problem with skirts or shorts on the characters. I tend to imagine them as teens anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Victini View Post
    All,ecause I am absolutely torn over the main female protagonists. Because I write about a billion fanfictions in my head to fuel my 24-hour Pokémon daydreams, to me, they all have different personalities. Since I'm bored, here's a summary my current personalities for all of them:
    Leaf is a motherly and modest sort of person. She's determined, but she takes others into consideration as well. She prefers to think up strategies when it comes to the field of battle, instead of charging blindly in. Leaf will stop to smell the flowers or to think. However, she gets frustrated when she can't think properly and is more worried about what happens to her friends than herself, and can sometimes forget about her own safety.
    Kris is a rather hardy tomboy. She's not one to flare into a temper that easily, and is rather cool-headed, but she does have a vicious temper if you make her really angry. She's more likely to make an infuriating, cutting remark rather than go ballistic. At first glance, she might appear taunting and unfriendly. But in fact, she is a diligent, fiery person who won't let anything stop her in her way to achieving her goals. She's also rather good at being smart-alecky with people, and is a very clever person in general. She's also rather reckless sometimes, but only because she's trying to be brave. Kris has a hard time admitting her true feelings to anybody, and prefers to keep her problems to herself.
    Lyra, unlike Kris, is a girly-girl. She's very energetic and peppy, and seems to brighten up a room with her optimism and postive outlook on life. She's very, sometimes over-the-top confident in herself, and tries to overlook her own faults. She can get envious and jealous when she sees that her friends have what she's always wanted, but nevertheless keeps a smile on her face, whether it be genuine, unsure or false. She can be a bit finicky and flighty at times though.
    May is a very mature young lady. She's a bit shy at first sight, but opens up quite easily. The words 'Try your hardest' is what she lives by, and is a very sincere and hard worker. She's also very honest and frank, but can be a little blunt in saying things. She also gets embarrassed pretty easily.
    Dawn is a keen listener. She won't talk for the sake of talking, and is also quite intelligent. She is also quite strategic in battle. Dawn can get emotional and even a little angsty at times, but she is not a complainer Se tends to live in her own world and can be forgetful. She has good taste and is very easy to believe.
    Hilda is the epitome of impatience and recklessness. She'll outright run into the wild grass and not think twice about it. She's vivacious, sparky and full of life. She doesn't like overly-girly stuff, and is rather tomboyish in general. She usually gets an opinion on people at first glance and sticks to it- she's stubborn and adamant to never, ever change her mind. She can even be a bit socially awkward at times when it comes to unusual people or situations- although she is naturally friendly. She's rather hot-headed and hot-blooded and can sometimes explode at little things and say things she doesn't mean.
    Solana is a very cautious girl. She'll look around twice before going anywhere, and will step carefully around the area anyways. She's brave, somewhat headstrong and friendly- after all, most Rangers are quite friendly folks! She's very passionate about her job, and will immediately retort to anyone who insults it. Solana keeps her opinions to herself- she has a lot of them. She tries to respect everyone, even downright petty crooks.
    Kate, at first, appears to be quiet, shy and timid. She is in fact quite fearless- she will risk her life for Pokémon, who she absolutely adores. She doesn't like to insult people, and likes to keep her head down and answer meekly. She shows a spunky side as she grows in experience, and learns not to be too afraid to express what she believes in.
    Summer is quite bold- she isn't afraid to stand up to anyone. She's modest and doesn't like to take credit for any great thing she's actually done. She can be rather impulsive and apprehensive in the way of danger. She's witty and kind, although she gets easily irritated and has no patience for certain people. She's also one cool customer. She's very determined and naturally lucky.

Yeah, I know most of the personalities are more or less the same, but still I like them. XD
    I included the Ranger girls as well. Some of the male protagonists Shadow Victini made personalities are rather different to their female counterparts (Hilbert and Kellyn being good examples), but anyway...
    Design-wise, I'll go by impusle and say Solana. Although she isn;t actually no the list. So I'll go for Dawn.
    I thought I was the only person who made personalities for them XD

This sounds like a good topic for a separate thread.

In Love With Snowmen Anikasnow6's Avatar

I like May the best. Her eyes are so nice and her outfit is perfect; plus she's a kind one and all that.
    My second favorite would be Lyra.
    Third-Leaf.
    Forth-Kris
    Other than that, I don't really like the characters.
    But Solana, Summer, and Kate were really nice as well.
    I support AdvanceShipping, LuckyShipping, ViridianShipping, FranticShipping, IkariShipping, BelleShipping, HyperShipping, and many other pairings.

Blog Entries

Hilda and Dawn. Their designs are great, and Hilda looks more mature than the others.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Nyx

I like Hilda the best. She looks more modern, mature and less girly than most other female PCs. Dawn comes second, cause I like her blue hair and overall design.

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Kris would be my favourite overall; her bizarre hair and interesting fashion choice with her outift win it for me.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Pokemon Master's Degree! Pikmin1211's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    I like Hilda the best. She looks more modern, mature and less girly than most other female PCs. Dawn comes second, cause I like her blue hair and overall design.
    I couldn't put it any better than this.
    *claps*
    (Although the name sounds like my grandma)
    http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/lucario - Smogon on Lucario
    http://www.mcleodgaming.com/viewflash.php?id=6&type=game - Click here if you like SSB!
    http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/lobby - Click here if you like competitive Pokemon!

Blog Entries

Let's see... If I were to rank them, it would go like this;

1) Hilda: On one note, she's older, which makes her more appealing. That outfit she wears fits the bill of Unova's city-ish style (though I still wonder how she gets around in those cut-off shorts!?), and she seems to have the most spunk of the group.

2) May: I admit, I've had a crush on her for a long time. Despite being only 10-11, she had the best body, and her design that seemed to really fit Hoenn's unique feel. It's a shame she gives up being a Trainer as a NPC after a while, but that's how it is. She would be ranked #1, but because of Hilda's age and design, she's now #2.

3) Kris: The Original Girl, as I call her. Fond times. Her blue hair was always an interesting trait, especially to the blandness of most of the other girl's hair (though Dawn does have blue hair as well), but at the time, it was unique and different. She started the female protagonist role, which a lot of people appreciated. Shame Lyra bumped her off, would've love to seen her redesigned.

4) Other: Rosa: I like Rosa's design a lot, though her hair buns are a little odd. She does, however, fit the style of Unova, and seems to have a lot of spunk. Again, the age factor plays a role here as well, since she's closer to a more mature age, so she's a lot like Hilda in that sense. However, I rank her as #4.

5) Dawn: Again, like with Kris, the blue hair was a lure to me (when it comes to hair, it's either blue or blonde for me, probably stems from my Breath of Fire stuff), though she seemed the most girly. Not that's a bad thing, but it wasn't a majorly attractive trait to me. I like tomboys. The skirt could've been lengthened, but that's a minor gripe.

6) Leaf: Meh, she's kinda bland, but then again, so is Kanto. So I guess she fits the bill. But she seems too much like a fusion between a Bug Catcher and a Lass, so she's not ranked high.

7) Lyra: I hate her, simply put. The main reason is she replaced Kris, which I found unnecessary, and her design looks so... odd. What is she wearing, overalls? She's bottom of the barrel for me.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Blog Entries

hilda. dose shorts...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast