VG Weekly Poll #22 Favourite Villainous Team? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Favourite Villainous Team?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Rocket

52 36.62%
  • Team Magma

6 4.23%
  • Team Aqua

7 4.93%
  • Team Galactic

20 14.08%
  • Team Plasma

48 33.80%
  • Other (Please state in thread)

9 6.34%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #22 Favourite Villainous Team?

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #22 Favourite Villainous Team?

Ghetsis actually isn't insane. His plan made lots of sense, and didn't rely on "lol gods".

What he was is totally and completelly evil. He's probably the most irremedably evil character of the franchise. Not to mention, manipulating people into thinking random bullcrap by touching concepts you KNOW will cause them to think about it and taking advantage of them...? That is pretty realistic, it happens all the time in our world.

So yeah, what Ghetsis is is a jerk.

[/overexposition]

Blog Entries

I accidentally voted for Team Galactic in the poll, but Team Plasma is my favourite. They weren't there for the sake of being evil and taking over the world, they actually wanted to improve the world. Well, that was what most of them thought they were doing. And the whole story with N and Ghetsis was brilliant.

back to normal returnofmastercrazyhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow returnofmastercrazyhand On Twitter Add returnofmastercrazyhand on Facebook Add returnofmastercrazyhand on Google+ Add returnofmastercrazyhand on MySpace
    Add returnofmastercrazyhand on Linkedin Follow returnofmastercrazyhand on Tumblr Follow returnofmastercrazyhand on Flickr Visit returnofmastercrazyhand's Youtube Channel

team galactic for me. they tortured pokemon m0ore than any other team in the main series (excluding cipher) this is easily told by killing the lake verity magikarp population and making the red chain to summon digla/palkia/both thus angering giratinna (in platinum). 'nough said
    banner credit to caprizant

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N Noah Ridgewood's Avatar

I'm in the minority. Team Aqua, because Archie was a BAMF. That's all there is to say.

Team Galactic for me.
    I loved Cyrus completely. He was a lunatic who wanted to destroy the world so that he could create a new one for himself. I also loved all of the Galactic Commanders (besides Charon who I wanted to punch in the face) and the whole storyline with the team, especially in Platinum.

Team Plasma is a close second. (I'm in love with the whole N/Ghetsis storyline part of it). But, essentially, while I found Plasma's supposed goals to be fascinating...the fact that the interactions with the Team pretty much turned into N becoming the hero and wanting you to be the other one...kind of killed part of the impact of the whole "Pokemon should not be with humans" idea. N became pretty much the only one who kept on about it. (Although this is all just going off of the base knowledge of what I remember from the game, and I could be remembering wrong.)

Team Galactic's goals however remained pretty much the same throughout and everyone was on board with it: "screw this world, lets make a new, better, one." (Even though Cyrus was secretly planning to keep it to himself.)

Team Galactic. Cyrus is my favorite boss of any team, and I also like the admins of Galactic. Also, they had the most evil intentions, in my opinion, and it really helped build the D/P/Pl storyline.

Team Aqua/Magma tie for second. This is partly because Hoenn is my favorite region, and I also love the boss battle music against Maxie and Archie. I think their intentions are sort of stupid, but at least they're going after uber Pokemon.

I guess Team Plasma is third. I like their intentions, but their uniforms drive me insane.

I know Team Rocket is the original team in Pokemon, but honestly, they're worthless. Their intentions are extremely stupid- "steal Pokemon from people." Unlike the rest of the teams, who go after uber legendaries. In my opinion, the teams that go after legendaries make the storyline of the game much more interesting. Not saying that the Kanto/Johto games are bad, but the fact that Team Rocket doesn't go after legendaries or anything makes it slightly less exciting to play through.

Blog Entries
    Follow Durbe On Twitter Add Durbe on Facebook

Team Galactic because I agreed with Cyrus except for his methods.
    Team Plasma was a very very very close second because they were totally realistic and their battle themes were awesome.
    FC: 2723-9571-7949 IGN: Toshiro

I always thought Team Rocket was more serious than everyone else. Team Plasma was a close second though.

Team Plasma, obviously for N, the best character in the game

Team Rocket FTW! Team rocket are without a doubt the most believable. They aren't trying to take over or destroy the world, they're just trying to make profit through illegal activities. They are also the most obviously evil team. I always felt like the others believed they were doing good but team rocket just gave the finger and said "hell, we know exactly what we're doing and if you don't like it, tough!" Not to mention, they were in two gens (not counting the remakes) showing that unlike the other teams they aren't just gonna give up completely when some ten year old beats them.
    Check out my blog to see how my Nuzlocke run's going.

Plasma.
    They were just so different from anything we have ever had before and N was legitimately creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by xanderthevampire View Post
    Team Rocket FTW! Team rocket are without a doubt the most believable. They aren't trying to take over or destroy the world, they're just trying to make profit through illegal activities. They are also the most obviously evil team. I always felt like the others believed they were doing good but team rocket just gave the finger and said "hell, we know exactly what we're doing and if you don't like it, tough!" Not to mention, they were in two gens (not counting the remakes) showing that unlike the other teams they aren't just gonna give up completely when some ten year old beats them.
    Except they did give up. Galactic and Plasma had it's members arrested afterwards, Rocket just went "WAAAAAA, WE LOST"

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Team Rocket! They seemed to be the most realistic of all the teams.

Cipher was second because they are bada$$

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Team Rocket, because I really liked seeing how it changed from Gen. I/III to Gen. II/IV, and it had cool admins in HG/SS. Team Galactic is a close second, because it had good admins as well.

HOW DARE YOU NOT INCLUDE CIPHER!!(large ham moment, please disregard)

but in all serious business, given enough thought, Cipher was easily the most effective with their plans of practically mind-screwing Pokemon into emotionless fighting (read also, possibly killing) machines in compete secret in the middle of desert nowhere. and it would have worked... had it not been for that meddling kid (cue reference, you know you want to) from the inside who unleashed a can of Pokemon whoop@$$ and made the public aware in the process.

Team Rocket is definely my favourite team but was left disappointed with the lack of an expaned rocket storyline in HG and SS

Team magma plan using a volcano would of work if they were using it on a volcano that was located in or on the edge of the ocean, instead of the landlock volcano they did chose to do it on. I just hope in the Ruby and Sapphire remakes, both team magma and aqua are handled better.

Team Rocket (the entire organisation and not just Jessie and James) are my favourite pokemon villains, but I was servely disapointed about how HeartGold and SoulSsilver portayed the Rockets as cartoonish idots in the same category as Pre-BW Jessie and James (the overused lame attempt of not subtlety concelling their bases under actual convincing fronts. The Shop sign should of just said Mahogany Souvenir Shop, instead of the "Just a Souvenir Shop, Nothing Suspicious about it, No need to be Alarmed" thing, also the Rocket running the shop prior to Lance discovering the Hideout should of kept quiet, not mentioning anying about a wistlinh noise, and the Rockets Radio generator should of been better hidden (at least actualy make it look like an acutal tree)). Also I think the Rockets should had pokemon that were stronger and in better variety than those in the orignal gen 2 games and in higher levels so that the player actually has to work hard to defeat them. It dosent make sense for a group rebuilding themeselves and still giving their flunkies the same pitfully weak pokemon they had when Giovanni was in control, shouldn't they had learned from that mistake.

What I hope in the Sapphire remake team magma was experimenting on a technique thats causes a controlled minor eruption of mount chimmeny causing minimal damage to the surrounding land and settlements, so that the technique can be used on volcanos that are surrounded by ocean. However Team Aqua attacks and sabotaged the machine causing the machine to go haywire and start overloading, creating a situation that would of resulted having the volcano erupt in an uncontrolled maner threatning nearby settlements. The player has to help the Magmas defeat the Aquas and shut off the machine before the volcano would erupt. In the Ruby remake the Mount Chimney was going to erupt naturally and the nearby settlements had called out to the Aquas to cool down the volcano preventing the eruption. But the Magmas beliving this a disruption to the cycle of nature decides to attack the Aqua's and try to sabotage the machine. The player has to help the Aqua's hold the Magma's off until volcano has cooled downed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast