VG Weekly Poll #2: Did you agree with N's ideals? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Did you agree with N's ideals?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he was right

8 4.65%
  • He had good intentions, but was misguided

139 80.81%
  • He was wrong

19 11.05%
  • Other

6 3.49%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #2: Did you agree with N's ideals?

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #2: Did you agree with N's ideals?

I don't agree with him, because in the end, Pokémon are capable of leaving their Trainers if they wanted to. N was raised with Pokémon that were abused and abandoned, so he formed an idea that all humans are like that.

N's ideals are quite similar to what we have now; mistreating and abusing animals being taken to extreme by thinking everyone does it. But actually humans can be either good or bad towards animals. The I agree with N.

He had good intentions but didn't really realize Pokemon like being with trainers. He only saw them get hurt and was being used by Ghetsis. So, he had good intentions but just misguided.

That Zoroark is a Spy! Silver06's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Silver06's Youtube Channel

i always felt that his ideal, to seperate humans and pokemon was a good dream. but he was misguided by his asshole-of-a father Ghetis. i think the idea was to keep pokemon out of the hands of bad humans who would hurt them, which was ironicly the team he commanded in the first place, but without team plasma contaminating it, it wouldve been right

Follow mijuwott On Twitter Add mijuwott on Facebook
    Follow mijuwott on Tumblr

I think he was just misguided by Ghetsis.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Game Freak tried to make us see N's point of view. They really did. They also failed spectacularly. The most interesting part is that this is not BW's fault but HgSs' fault.

In HeartGold and SoulSilver, the friendship aspect of pokemon and bonding between trainers and pokemon was brought to the forefront marvellously. The pokemon following you around, reacting to you and their environment, taking Pokemon for a walk via the PokeWalker, Silver's character development, the player character getting their Pokemon specifically so that they could bond with it and all the nostalgia were there for one reason: To enforce the idea that Pokemon and Humans get along really well and form great friendships based on trust and love. You can see each of your pokemon grow to love you and you end up loving them back moreso than any other Pokemon game.

Then N comes along and says that we treat Pokemon like slaves and we should free them. Judging from my experience with HGSS, this is bullshit. BW's entire plot quickly starts falling apart not because its bad but because its a follow up to HGSS. It had been a follow up to a hypothetical game where Pokemon are indeed seen as tools by the entire region's populace and not just the villains, then I might have sympathized with N's ideals but I just can't take him seriously after HGSS.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Game Freak tried to make us see N's point of view. They really did. They also failed spectacularly. The most interesting part is that this is not BW's fault but HgSs' fault.

In HeartGold and SoulSilver, the friendship aspect of pokemon and bonding between trainers and pokemon was brought to the forefront marvellously. The pokemon following you around, reacting to you and their environment, taking Pokemon for a walk via the PokeWalker, Silver's character development, the player character getting their Pokemon specifically so that they could bond with it and all the nostalgia were there for one reason: To enforce the idea that Pokemon and Humans get along really well and form great friendships based on trust and love. You can see each of your pokemon grow to love you and you end up loving them back moreso than any other Pokemon game.

Then N comes along and says that we treat Pokemon like slaves and we should free them. Judging from my experience with HGSS, this is bullshit. BW's entire plot quickly starts falling apart not because its bad but because its a follow up to HGSS. It had been a follow up to a hypothetical game where Pokemon are indeed seen as tools by the entire region's populace and not just the villains, then I might have sympathized with N's ideals but I just can't take him seriously after HGSS.

There was one thing that didn't make sense.
    Earlier in the game, N was talking about not forcing people to do stuff, because they will always resist. Yet later in the game, her acts like just because he's the Champion he can order all the Trainers to release their Pokémon just because he says so. In Platinum, I was the Sinnoh Champion and a Youngster with only a level 8 Magikarp didn't think twice about going up against my Giratina.
    And with that logic, Blue Oak could have taken over Kanto, Cynthia could have set up an entire organization just to stalk the player, and Lance could have forced everyone to use Dragon-types.
    So, seriously, what.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic57049_1.gif

hi

I choosed the other.

He's a idiot.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Victini View Post
    There was one thing that didn't make sense.
    Earlier in the game, N was talking about not forcing people to do stuff, because they will always resist. Yet later in the game, her acts like just because he's the Champion he can order all the Trainers to release their Pokémon just because he says so. In Platinum, I was the Sinnoh Champion and a Youngster with only a level 8 Magikarp didn't think twice about going up against my Giratina.
    And with that logic, Blue Oak could have taken over Kanto, Cynthia could have set up an entire organization just to stalk the player, and Lance could have forced everyone to use Dragon-types.
    So, seriously, what.
    N thought that if he became Champion, then people wouldn't resist, whereas if he just forced his ideals on everyone as he was, then people would resist. The Champion is considered to be the highest authority in a region. So really, once someone becomes Champion, it's up to them how they use their authority. I'm guessing Lucas/Dawn, Blue, Cynthia, and Lance never had an interest in using their authority to take over their respective regions.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

@smalllady Now it makes sense. I guess it was just the way his dialogue sounded to me.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic57049_1.gif

I chose "Yes, he was right", but I was thinking it was somewhere between that and "He had good intentions, but was misguided". Yes, he was misguided (duped by Ghetsis an all that), but what he was actually doing was right. Except for one thing... he assumed that Pokémon all wanted to be separated from humans and that any Pokémon who didn't must have been brainwashed or something. Which wasn't the case... well according to the anime it's not like that. In the games it very well could be... I have all these Pokémon but I have no idea if any of them even really want to be with me or not, lol

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Remember: the villians gave him the mindset that all humans abused Pokemon. This is what he wanted to change.

he was absolutly right. i have always thought that pokemon was kinda like dog fighting or cock fighting.

see peanutbuttergamer's video, "to kill an avatar: pokemon" for more of my thoughts................................and for the lols...............

Ambitious Creator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Steelrush On Twitter Add Steelrush on Facebook Add Steelrush on MySpace
    Add Steelrush on Linkedin Follow Steelrush on Tumblr Follow Steelrush on Flickr Visit Steelrush's Youtube Channel

I saw N as a closed-minded pawn used by a crazy megalomaniac who failed to expand outside of what he was taught as a child. He never questioned what Ghetsis was telling him, and he didn't bother studying people.

He irritated me due to the fact that he wanted to separate Pokemon from people, and it seems like he didn't care how the Pokemon would feel about it. Not only that, but N also contradicted himself several times (disliking Pokemon battles but he chose to have them anyway).

N reminds me of a group I rather dislike in the real world also.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast