VG Weekly Poll #2: Did you agree with N's ideals? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Did you agree with N's ideals?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he was right

8 4.65%
  • He had good intentions, but was misguided

139 80.81%
  • He was wrong

19 11.05%
  • Other

6 3.49%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #2: Did you agree with N's ideals?

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #2: Did you agree with N's ideals?

He makes some good points and his ideas would easily apply to the real world,but ironically not to his own. Basically he lives in a world where people first injure,then capture Pokemon. Then they mostly either breed them hundreds of times, imidiately trade them away,place them in a PC box to never ever look at them,stuff them with steroids or poffins or,worst,send them into cock fights. The term HM slave sums it all up. To conclude if this were real animals,he would be the voice of morale and sanity,but in his own world,he was completely wrong.

He had good intentions, but he was misguided. He's trying to keep his friends from being put in what are essentially cockfights and forced to mangle each other, which is a very good thing to devote your life to. Thing is, from everything we've been told, that's not how it works. The Pokemon are okay with everything, they fight willingly, and there's no permanent damage done unless something has gone very wrong. His sudden separation of the Pokemon and the humans would have done more damage to both worlds than thousands of battles.

Basically, the theory was reasonable; the methods used to attempt correction were not.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I can see that his intentions are good. He's more sincere than anything on earth - just pure. It's just that Ghetis raised him in a rather wrong way.

I actually think he was doing the right thing, he just didn't realize what the consequences were.

Removing Pokemon from the possession of humans when entertainment and economy are all based around that? BAD, bad news. So I'd have sided with him, if not for the fact he was fixing the situation too quickly.

Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

I agree with N to a certain extent -- he was right in that pokemon ought to have the choice whether or not to be with a trainer (which they didn't have in the games), but he was wrong to force them to leave their trainer.

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

If I look at it from the perspective of a person in the pokemon world, yeah, I'd say he's misguided. But if I look at it like he's breaking the forth wall and talking to me as a player, I think he makes some strong points. I know lots of people (myself included) who have released hundreds of newborn pokemon simply because they weren't good enough (doesn't have the right IV spread or nature or whatever). If pokemon were real, that would be animal cruelty.

Blog Entries
    Add Kutomba on Facebook
    Follow Kutomba on Tumblr

In a way, and some Pokemon very much needed to be taken from their abusive trainers. But he failed to see that some Pokemon love their trainers to pieces and fight because they have dreams.
    I kissed you in the water and made your dry lips sing
    I saw you look like a Japanese baby
    In an instant I remembered everything...

I thought the game itself made it clear that N's mind was horribly twisted since his birth. Whether his intentions were right or not isn't the case, since he was unable to take full responsible of his actions' consequence. The only thing that is certain is that he was misguided.

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

N's ideals reminded me of the old saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

His intentions were good, there is no mistaking that. He clearly loved Pokemon and didn't want to see them get hurt. But to rip a Pokemon away from a Trainer it loves... No, not a good idea. Just think of the heartbreak involved. That's why I could never agree with N.

I ♥ my female Bisharp.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pokemon were meant to serve us humans.

Isn't it canon that the Pokemon that attack you in the wild do so to be captured, trained and battled? In which case he would be completely wrong, except for the cases of trainers abusing their Pokemon which his plan would still be way over the top.

Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Isn't it canon that the Pokemon that attack you in the wild do so to be captured, trained and battled? In which case he would be completely wrong, except for the cases of trainers abusing their Pokemon which his plan would still be way over the top.
    It's canon insofar as that is the lesson that is taught to the people in the game; N's ideals are challenging the accepted morals of the Pokemon universe. Morals are never set in stone, hence, you can challenge them and not "break canon," as it were.

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

I really like this character. A person that is very strong in his ideals with good intention, however also extremely fragile in the sense of his upbringing. A very complex character with emotions exploding, but performed silently.

I would say that he was right in some aspects and the others corrupted by Ghetsis. I would definitely say that he was misguided without being aware of this and realised this at the end of the story on Pokemon Black and White. The concept of him flying off into the distance is a sign that he is searching for a new ideal and meaning to his existence.

It's kind of sad, but at the same time hopeful for N. Yes he is a great character concept ^^.

I have hatched and released over 2,000 pokemon. I train the very best, the chosen few that I keep to fight, fight, and never stop fighting for me. Some are cloned, then traded to other competitive battlers, to avoid creating them myself. Some of my pokemon are born simply to be traded.

This is why I am the top of the wi-fi ladder in Bulbagarden. You could say I have done things that violate the very spirit of the game, but I have no regrets.

If N truly believed in his goal, he would have acted similarly. You can't rule the world with level 50 pokemon. Also, if there was no one else with pokemon, then you would be reduced to fighting weak wild pokemon. In short, I completely disagree with N.

I said Misguided, but id rather change it to Other now atha I think. Pokemon are intelligent creatures and are captured unwillingly(it would seem, as they fight you) then forced to fight. In the anime they obviuosly love their trainers, but this is the game we are talking about. There are NPCs who will tell you how much your pokemon loves you, and Return goes up as you fight. So my interpretation is that Pokemon have an exaggerated competitive instinct and thank humans for making them more powerful, possibly justifying the violence.
    When i was little i thought every pokemon family was three step. still coming to grips with the sad truth...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast