VG Weekly Poll #2: Did you agree with N's ideals?

View Poll Results: Did you agree with N's ideals?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he was right

8 4.65%
  • He had good intentions, but was misguided

139 80.81%
  • He was wrong

19 11.05%
  • Other

6 3.49%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #2: Did you agree with N's ideals?

antidope Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default VG Weekly Poll #2: Did you agree with N's ideals?

Welcome to the second installment in the Video Games Forum's new weekly series of polls!

Centered around the Pokemon series of video games, these polls will be based on the various different aspects of the popular video game franchise. Every Friday, a Video Games staff member will post a new poll that'll remained stickied up on top of the forum. Suggestions for polls and questions can be sent to Life Alert, and they could possibly used for new polls (credit will be given, of course).

With that out of the way, here is the poll: Did you agree with N's ideals? Did you feel he was doing the right thing in liberating Pokemon; that he had good intentions, but was misguided; or that he was totally wrong in what he was trying to do?

(credit to Joshawott for the poll)

Past Polls of the Week

1) VG Weekly Poll #1: Was Black and White a Step in the Right Direction?

Thank you for voting!

-The Video Games Forum Staff
    And I don’t care if I lose
    Because my heroes did too
    They shouted court should be adjourned
    Because the jury are fools
    And the judge can’t decipher his left from his right
    Or his right from his wrong

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #2: Did you agree with N's ideals?

His heart was in the right place, but he took them to the extreme, and since he's never contacted his own kind because he was raised by Pokemon, it led to his hatred on the human race for using Pokemon.

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I think N's thoughts were in the right place. He obviously cared for Pokemon and wanted the best for them, but was misguided and was going about it in the wrong way.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think he was simply misguided. Even though he was way wrong for trying to liberate pokemon, you can't help but feel for the guy.
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Blog Entries

He is compelling, but difficult to agree with for being just a bit too extremist. And even he realizes he was wrong in the end.
    N was an anti-villain and a tragic example of how dangerous innocence is, so that one girl put it.

Purposely misled by Ghetsis to believing humans abused their Pokémon, he really believed the only way to stop it is to separate them. As he (and we) later learn, he never would've gotten his wish anyway, as his father had darker motives.

Blog Entries

N had good intentions, but in the end, he was simply used as a tool by his own father.

Though, I would think that he'd have to be seriously brainwashed in order to believe that all trainers were PKMN abusers. And even then, if I remember correctly, he found Hilbert/Hilda to be a person with good intentions. So there was still a part of him that was uncorrupted.

Banner made by Blazaking EX, avatar by Thanatos. Thanks, guys.

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

He was wrong. I find it difficult to agree with him when all the previous games have drilled the belief that Pokemon and Humans are friends into me.

Some people use the Stolkholm Syndrome arguement to explain the affection Trainer's Pokemon have for their trainers(or captors) but the thought that every single Pokemon caught by Trainers has that Syndrome is ridiculous.

All the games have repeatedly said that both poeple and Pokemon grow and learn from each other.

He was wrong. Pokemon are meant to be tools for trainers. You use them for whatever you want. 'Nuff said.

Uh, no, Baron. ._. Pokemon are meant to be your PARTNERS/FRIENDS. Using Pokemon as "tools"...isn't that why we stopped Team Rocket. What you said only helped prove N's point even more.

Now, in this world, indeed, you do whatever you wish with your Pokemon. But in-game, in-story, it's clear that humans and Pokemon work together. Like we've seen in the anime, another side of the Pokemon world, if a Pokemon wishes to pursue another career (ping pong Ambipom anyone?), any decent trainer would allow them to do what they wished. Only douches like Silver or Paul would be mean to their Pokemon and possibly force them to do stuff against their wishes.

I was prepared to say that N was misguided, but what Baron just said makes me feel a little annoyed, and more inclined to think he might be right in some ways. Over a video game, I know...but...but man. How can you say something like that? D8; People like that have no business training Pokemon if they only see them as tools to do whatever they wish with. They're not tools or anything like that; they're supposed to be your friends, randomly-generated pieces of data or not. ._.

Ah...man. N may be right about some people. >> But overall, he was indeed misguided. Well as his intentions were, he should have thought more carefully before trying to forcefully separate humans and Pokemon.

Based Mod Dan's Avatar Social Media EditorModerator
    Blog Entries

considering N was brainwashed into thinking these things by Ghetsis, I think we can immediately assume N's "ideals" were only ploys to get Ghetsis further towards his goal (Although N didn't know, clearly).

as for the ideals themselves? No. The relationship between trainers and Pokemon is long established, and it's a working solution. Releasing all of the overleveled Pokemon trainers carry would only create havoc into the Ecosystem already established. Imagine, if you will, a Group of Ninetails spreading drought throughout Unova. A Group of Politoed, flooding populated areas, creating Mudslides and Floods.

Trainer's Pokemon are significantly stronger than wild. if they were to be released, hell would break loose.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyumorph on Tumblr

I kinda think that N had the right ideas, but he was brought up in a twisted reality. So yeah, I would agree if Unova was as he percieved, but given the status of the real Unova, nope.

Blog Entries

N's ideology was understandable, but the way he executed his ideas was pretty bad. His ideas do make sense in the reality he was forced into, though, and N wasn't truly evil.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Ferbgor On Twitter Add Ferbgor on Facebook

N honestly thought that what he was doing was right. I honestly thought that N was batshit insane, but his innocence and messed up childhood, made him think what he was doing would help, not knowing the consequences. That's why I voted that he good intentions, but was misguided.

Blog Entries

Yes, he had some valid points.

However, punishing everyone for the misdeeds of a small number of people never usually works out very well. >_>

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Happy NintendoDay Europe! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Yay my idea was used *jumps up and down like an excited little girl"

Anyways, I'll be honest, when I was playing through Pokémon White, I found myself agreeing with N's ideals. This was also helped by Cheren and Alder's opinions being so typical of a Pokémon series - "Pokémon are friends gurdurr!". Obviously, N did take the ideals a bit far with the whole Team Plasma thing, but his ideals by themselves were justified - it was something we fans had joked about for a decade and a half before.

N is without a doubt, Pokémon's best antagonist.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast