VG Weekly Poll #17 Favourite Unova Gym Design - Page 2

View Poll Results: Favourite Unova Gym Design?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Striaton City (Cilan, Chili, Cress)

2 2.27%
  • Nacrene City (Lenora)

3 3.41%
  • Castelia City (Burgh)

1 1.14%
  • Nimbassa City (Elesa)

32 36.36%
  • Driftveil City (Clay)

7 7.95%
  • Mistralton City (Skyla)

14 15.91%
  • Icirrus City (Brycen)

6 6.82%
  • Opelucid City (Iris/Drayden)

23 26.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: VG Weekly Poll #17 Favourite Unova Gym Design

Default Re: VG Weekly Poll #17 Favourite Unova Gym Design

Mistralton's design is the most appealing to me,but Opelucid and Nacrene gyms are nice too.

Mama, we all go to hell. TheCapsFan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

I liked being a human cannonball the best. But I really liked the dragons as well.

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

Icirrus has to be my favourite. I've got a thing for sliding on the ice, and it being translucent made it that much better, not to mention the epic slide at the end of the battle!

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

Opelucid, with Nimbasa in a close second.

The dragons were a brilliant idea, and the atmosphere was perfect for a final gym.

I love theme parks. The end.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

Blog Entries

I'm going to go with Nimbasa. I always seem to like theme park based stuff in games. :P

Mistralton is a close second. I enjoyed being a human cannonball.

Blog Entries

I'm a foodie, so even without the triplets I have a soft spot for the Striaton Gym. I just love the idea of battling in a restaurant. Something you wouldn't expect, yanno? Same with Nacrene.

And if this world runs out of lovers
    We'll still have each other
    Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now

Click here to join the fabulous Striaton Triplets Club!
    Looking for a legit shiny Cryogonal or Sigilyph!

Blog Entries

I loved all of the gyms in Isshu, but I think my favourite was Opelucid. I loved the way the dragons moved around when you stepped on specific levers, although it took me ages to get through. My second favourite was Mistralton, with the cannons.

Blog Entries

Striaton City- Very fancy and I really like the astetic... kinda boring compared to the others though but still very classy
    Nacrene City - I love to read so this is very nice... but still kinda boring
    Castelia City- VERY classy and iteresting don't like the honey thig it just seems really gross and unhigenic
    Nimbassa City- LOVE this one it looks like a blast with all the rollercoosters and the neon lights are a nice touch
    Driftveil City- Pretty cool and I like how it reflects Clay's start it's the most sentimental showing how a working man made it big
    Mistralton City- This one was also a blast (no pun intended) I'm soryy being a human cannonball is EPIC
    Icirrus City-Pretty nice to nothing new when it comes to an ice gym
    Opelucid City- This is the coolest looking Gym right here I love the dragons it fives it such a grad and epic feel

So I gues Opelucid Gym is my favorite with Mistrallaton and Nimbasa close behind
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Let's evaluate!

Striation Gym: It's a grand restaurant. I imagine that the further you are in the restaurant, the better the service is. Would be funny if the triplets run the place. Would be nice to eat and battle, although it's not good to talk while eating. Overall, it's great to have lunch and have battles, like the Seven Starts Restaurant in Hotel Grand Lake.
    Nacrene Gym: A museum and a library in one would be a dream come true for any knowledge-pursuer out there, and considering how all the books will be Pokemon-based, a Pokemon-enthusiast too would be. Personally, the books are just fancy decoration because it's largely intangible. Still, it's cool that this place has a secret passage.
    Castelia Gym: While this place looks like one where you can easily get sticky and dirty, it must have been an exhilarating experience to run through the sticky substance. Maybe they should rent out suits that protect good clothes. It makes for a great art gallery, because the hexagonal walls means more pictures can be placed.
    Nimbasa Gym: A gym that is coupled with a roller coaster ride means that you don't need to participate in the gym, but instead you can just go there for the rides, although the neighbouring rides would give one more run for their money, since it's possible to earn money there! Oh, that's not forgetting the very colourful lights there. Definitely a worthwhile Gym.
    Driftveil Gym: This place looks very risky because there is a risk of falling to your doom unless that place is heavily guarded with rails. It won't be far-fetched to see children prohibited to coming here. Heights are scary, but at the same time, experiencing them is great if you survive.
    Mistralton Gym: Another gym that requires someone with a good health condition, logically because you need to be able to withstand the hurt. It will be fun riding those cannons if there isn't one that splats you in the wall...
    Icirrus Gym: This gym looks like it's made specifically to not cause visitors to fall down or be hurt badly. Still, Ice gyms tend to be about riding on Ice, so it's not that interesting.
    Opelucid Gym: This is a breathtaking gym because the long-winding paths make it seem like a winner's path, as it makes one feel that they are on their way to become a champion. This one's wonderful.

I think the best ones are Striaton, Nacrene, Castelia, Nimbasa and Opelucid. Since only one can prosper, I go for Nacrene since that's the least-picked one.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

I would have to say that Icirrus is my favorite gym. It was challenging, but not overwhelming, which I liked. Oh and that ice slide at the end? Too awesome for words. Second favorite would be Nacrene. I do love me some books.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Going with Driftveil Gym just because of the epic elevator-ride down to the lowest level where Clay is. That was really nice.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Ferbgor On Twitter Add Ferbgor on Facebook

Lenora's Gym. It's so well disguised. It's a museum and a library. It is very creative.

Very, very hard choice, but it would have to be Opelucid. It's just so epic with the Dragons. Nimbasa is a close second, and Driftveil gets an honorable mention.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

I'm voting for driftveil I thought it looked really cool especially on the long desent to clay at they end. Iris/ Drayden were also really cool a very interesting puzzle i liked it. I'm just curious if in Skyla's gym if anyone else got stuck trying to get the right way with the cannon I had no idea you could enter it from that other way so it would shoot you towards her for the longest time

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Mistralton improperly-aimed cannon wall smash was probably the most memorable part of any gym for me. I also remember thinking about how dangerous the Icirrus (slippery ice floors over an abyss?) and Driftveil (walking on narrow beams) were, so they get second place for me. I guess the more a gym violates safety regulations, the more it sticks out for me. :P
    Oh?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast