Very Few New Pokémon - Page 7

View Poll Results: Are there too few new Pokemon?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • There's not enough

61 45.86%
  • I think the amount is fine

56 42.11%
  • Don't really care :P

16 12.03%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Very Few New Pokémon

Default Re: Very Few New Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by 8ther View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spheal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Genwunner View Post
    I was very disappointed, I really liked Gen 2 but was disappointed with only 100 new ones (at the time I was expecting another 151) and it continued to be the lowest ever so I assumed 100 was a base line they wouldn't go below. I was wrong. I think 69 is a pitiful amount, 3 event Legendarys brings us to 72 still under half of Gen 1.

I think it was a very poor effort by Nintendo/Gamefreak choosing to focus on shitty Megas that break the game (Mewtwo more powerful than Arceus now!) instead of new Pokes.
    And yes I know people cry back "but they made 3D models" so fucking what? Part of Pokemons appeal was its sprites and a graphic enhancement should never in my opinion come at the expense of the rest of the game.
    go cry in your own hole that arceus is now overshadowed by mewtwo

>shitty megas

one per battle, and usually have a very abusable weakness

(ex: mega heracross 4x weak to rock)

oh, also

goomy and espurr

your argument is invalid
    Ever heard of opinions? Also no way should a genetically engineered Pokemon be more powerful then a god.
    Making a "God-pokemon" was a stupid idea to begin with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thornquist View Post
    I was very disappointed, I really liked Gen 2 but was disappointed with only 100 new ones (at the time I was expecting another 151) and it continued to be the lowest ever so I assumed 100 was a base line they wouldn't go below. I was wrong. I think 69 is a pitiful amount, 3 event Legendarys brings us to 72 still under half of Gen 1.

I think it was a very poor effort by Nintendo/Gamefreak choosing to focus on shitty Megas that break the game (Mewtwo more powerful than Arceus now!) instead of new Pokes.
    And yes I know people cry back "but they made 3D models" so fucking what? Part of Pokemons appeal was its sprites and a graphic enhancement should never in my opinion come at the expense of the rest of the game.

>shitty megas

oh, also

goomy and espurr

your argument is invalid
    Ever heard of opinions? Also no way should a genetically engineered Pokemon be more powerful then a god.
    pokemon was considered a stupid idea at first?

first class asshole

I don't think that there are not enough new Pokemon. There now over 700 Pokemon and that is many if we think back to Gen 1, but what really is disappointing for me are the Pokemon that are not in X or Y.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thornquist View Post

>shitty megas

oh, also

goomy and espurr

your argument is invalid
    And how is that a "stupid idea"?

Champion of Paleo

I hear that there are two pokemon released w/ pokemon bank.(I could be wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by Earthmeister View Post
    I hear that there are two pokemon released w/ pokemon bank.(I could be wrong)
    Where'd you hear that?

I also thought there were too few new Pokemon at first. I'm beginning to not care about that now thankfully. However, I still don't dig some of the new Pokemon's designs. That said, the quality-quantity comparison of Kalos's Pokemon to that of Unova doesn't work for me. I also agree with those who have thoughts that the 69 new Pokemon are not that diverse in terms of type representation.

Also, I don't like the concept of Mega-Evolutions. That's bound to change, I know, especially by the time the second game this gen further elaborates it (the mysteries of it being uncovered and possibly more Pokemon getting Mega-evolutions as well). But right now, I hate that it strips certain Pokemon of the possibility to legitimately evolve further (we know which Pokemon those are). And I fully know that Mega-evos are not supposed to be replacements of cross-generational evolutions, but with just Sylveon being the only new Pokemon this time which undergoes that, it feels like they are indeed replacements (feel being the operative word) - at least for now.

Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Tumblr Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Flickr

In my opinion I think they did the right thing with gen VI by limiting how many new Pokemon they made. For me personally I like nearly all the new Pokemon and struggle with my in-game time simply because I can't decide who to use! I would much rather they make less new Pokemon with a higher quality than more Pokemon with less quality.

Blog Entries

Follow GastonGibus on Tumblr Visit GastonGibus's Youtube Channel

I was actually happy that they chose to go with less. One of the things that I really liked was the balance between the different generations, like how I could find a Pidgey and Bunnelby in the same patch of grass. Personally, I don't think they should be in a rush to add hundreds more, as the national dex is already next to impossible to complete.

Also, no event Pokemon. Seriously, I hate those. Pokemon like Keldeo, Genesect, Celebi, Deoxys, Jirachi, and all those "you can't get me unless gamefreak decides to be generous" types. Those seriously bug me. If there's no way to get them outside of special permission from the developer, they shouldn't be in the game, period. We're already at around 12 Pokemon who are completely unobtainable by any means unless you use hacks or cheats.

Maybe it's just me, but I was really pleased with the amount of Pokemon in these games, and the lack of event pokemon.
    "How can you read this? There's no pictures!"

|No one writes like Gaston!|
    |It's Electric: Cranking it to Eleven || A New Life - For Better or Worse|

追放されたバカ

I just reached the 5th gym and still haven't encountered a single gen VI pokemon in tall grass yet this sucks, nintendo really fucked up by having so many old pokemon available all at once

While the total number of pokemon needs to be kept low to keep pokedex filling somewhat possible, they could afford adding more mega-evolutions. Preferably those that make weaker pokemon that are cool more viable.
    It seems like something that GF would do via event, considering the Blazikenite. I am also afraid that many event megas would take forever to reach the west while Japan has them handed out like candy.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I do admit that there are very few new Pokemon while the three Kalos dexes are flooded with older Pokemon, in fact, in the early months of the pre-release info, focus was mainly on newer Pokemon, until around the time the Fairy type was revealed, then it began to shift more towards older Pokemon, and then once Mega Evolutions were revealed, and was stated that no Gen 6 Pokemon would get one, followed by the Kanto starters being given to you, it became "New generation, WHAT new generation?" And then the games came out, a total of 450 Pokemon in the Kalos dex, and only 63 of them were new Pokemon, a very small minority if anything, while the rest of the focus is given to older Pokemon, most especially Gen 1 (to appease the old-school fanboys) and Gen 3 (to appease the Hoenn remake fanboys), with Gen 2, 4 (except Lucario) and 5 getting ignored, especially in the Mega Evolution territory, where there are only 28 Megas, and 90% of them are from Gen 1 and 3, with only three Gen 4 Pokemon (Lucario, Abomasnow, and that overpowered creature known as Garchomp) getting Megas, and my favorite Pokemon (which is Floatzel) and Gen 5 getting nothing at all.

But let's be honest, be glad we even got new Pokemon at all, after all, 68 new Pokemon is at least better than only 10 new Pokemon, we could have only gotten the starters, Sylveon, and the XYZ trio, and that's it, nothing else, so let's be glad we even got anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GastlyGibus View Post
    Also, no event Pokemon. Seriously, I hate those. Pokemon like Keldeo, Genesect, Celebi, Deoxys, Jirachi, and all those "you can't get me unless gamefreak decides to be generous" types. Those seriously bug me. If there's no way to get them outside of special permission from the developer, they shouldn't be in the game, period. We're already at around 12 Pokemon who are completely unobtainable by any means unless you use hacks or cheats.
    I understand, I don't like event Pokemon either, especially since I see them as nothing more than DLC, not to mention they are pretty much pointless, since they are banned in tournaments and you don't even need to complete the Pokedex with them in most games, so they're basically nothing more than dead paperweights that only look cool in the movies and in fanart.

I really hated it when they made Zoroark an event Pokemon in BW1, because the only way to get it was by transferring the shiny Johto beasts from HG/SS to BW1, and this was the ONLY way to get it, as for it's pre-evo Zorua, same thing but with a Celebi, so if you wanted a Zoroark back then, and you didn't get the beasts or Celebi, and you lived in an area without Wi-fi making you unable to access the GTS for one, you were pretty much screwed. I had to use Bisharp for my Dark type in White instead of Zoroark for this reason, luckily a Zorua was given out in-game in BW2 (though you couldn't nickname it unless you bred it, and had to wait until after the league to breed it), and Zoroark can be caught in the wild in X/Y, so the "event only" status is no more.

But I hate to say this, but there are three potential event Pokemon in X/Y given trademarks and game data, being Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa, which often makes me feel like the franchise relies too much on these kinds of Pokemon, not to mention I see event Pokemon as a form of DLC, especially since Mew was around before DLC was even a thing, so really, the Pokemon franchise is what gave birth to DLC in video games when you think about it...
    Last edited by Robo-Floatzel; 30th October 2013 at 12:57 PM.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

I think I remember someone saying from Game Freak stating that they wanted to make older Pokemon that were not used as much relevant again through Megaevolutions. I feel as if the focus was more on Megaevolutions and the older pokemon hence why we did not get a large amount of newer pokemon.

The fact that there are 3 Kalos dexes should say it all. THERE ARE ENOUGH ALREADY!!

Some simple maths: over 700 mon / still only 6 per party = LESS than 1% in the party!!! With so many pokemon available after 6 whole gens it saddens me that there is still no way of carrying more.

So few mon in this gen is a good thing allowing for diversity with previous gens, so few legendaries is even better (i'm sick of there being so many 'legendaries' that it devalues the legendary status).

Mega-evo is a great new idea, but i'd prefer real evo. Even so, it still counts to the amount of new mon available (sorta), and keeps previous gens relevant. (It's a shame there are no megas for gen 5 or 6 though).

Events piss me off royally, because i've never had the opportunity to own a console until after the time it is current, meaning i've missed out on so much.

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Normally I wouldn't mind the amount of new Pokemon in a region, but this time there just isn't enough of each type covered in the new Generation. A few types are barely covered by the new Pokemon for Generation VI, it's very unfortunate. It would have been better to try and even out the types since they were cutting down on the number of total new Pokemon.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast