Very Few New Pokémon - Page 5

View Poll Results: Are there too few new Pokemon?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • There's not enough

61 45.86%
  • I think the amount is fine

56 42.11%
  • Don't really care :P

16 12.03%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Very Few New Pokémon

Default Re: Very Few New Pokémon

One of the other things that kind of pisses me off about this gen is that from what i've seen so far there aren't that many competitive power houses. Besides aegislash galefroce talon. Most of the pokemon this gen seem to be outclassed by pokemon from previous gens.
    cityvillain likes this.
    W2 fc 0090-1062-6863 mj
    w fc 0176-0145-6014 mj

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

I thought I saw an image of a tweet from Masuda answering about the fans' cry about the few new Pokemons this generation.
    He said something like there'll be more or something.

Anyway ~ I was a little disappointed. New Pokemons is what I really anticipate in new generations. Overall though, this game is still
    stunning. And call me whiny, but the two things I am most disappointed about this game are the starters' last stage designs and
    the dull and weak incorporation of StreetPass. But that has nothing to do with the topic lol.
    We only had few new Pokemons this generation, but for some reason I don't really notice or feel it.
    Codface likes this.
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

I didn't really mind the lack of new. I had just as much fun seeing all the olds in 3D. Although, I didn't like that most of them only had 1 evolution or none.

I honestly don't care. New Pokemon are new Pokemon, regardless of the amount. And, honestly, don't a bunch of the Pokemon in more fleshed out generations just not get used?

Blog Entries

The amount of new Pokémon is perfectly fine, imo. We already have more than 700 Pokémon and lets be honest here, that is plenty of enough to use until Game Freak release a new generation in three or four years. I was more concerned with Generation 5 introducing 156 Pokémon, an absurdly high and unnecessary amount of new species. I know that BW was a supposed to be a fresh start, not having any older Poké available in the main game, so they had to create a lot of new ones, but still. 156? Holy crap. 70 is fine to me and I actually hope Generation VII introduce a small number of Pokémon as well (which is unlikely, I'd guess). I am SO not looking forward for the day we will have more than 1000 Pokémon species. Lastly, the ~70 Generation VI Pokémon are overall far better than the 156 Generation V ones, at least in terms of looks and types, imo.

I think there wasn't enough new ones. Honestly, the new Pokes are really one of the best parts of any Gen. I also think that the new ones they did introduce were too hard to find. Of course, all will be found eventually, but I was looking for loads of newbies, and there was surprising few in Kalos. I know there is over 700 now, but I still hope for lots of new coming up in Gen VII.

Of course, there still some stuff to speculate about, just like in every Generation. Like the mystery pokemon everyone wants on the GTS. Where are you, Volcanion?

Pick me or the turtle gets it!

I dont mind fewer pokemon. Focus on crafting quality. And the fewer legendaries, the better!

Dex

Don't get me wrong, I think almost every one of the new ones is a good design. There's just not enough choices for any sense of individuality. I battled a friend about halfway through the game, and we had almost the same exact team. That's a problem.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I think almost every one of the new ones is a good design. There's just not enough choices for any sense of individuality. I battled a friend about halfway through the game, and we had almost the same exact team. That's a problem.
    Did you use exclusively new pokemon? Because this game have throwed more different pokemon at me at a MUCH bigger rate than previous games. I can somewhat see that there is some disappointment among the hardcore pokemon fans about few fresh pokemons, but for the more casual gamers (like me) this is not a big issue. What have been a issue for me have been the redicilous amount of legendary pokemon, instead of focusing on crafting great standard pokemons.

Only In Japan guyz... Hatsune Miku's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Torterra Trainer View Post
    So Generation VI brings 69 new Pokemon to the table, according to Bulbapedia, bringing the total to 718. This is the least amount of new Pokemon introduced in a Generation ever. Did anyone feel that that was too few? I know that when I finished my Y game and looked at my Pokedex and realized that I had basically seen every new Pokemon (sans Xerneas and Zygarde) I was shocked. What do you think, too few new 'mons or just the right amount?
    Indeed,there is few pokemon.We can only expect Pokemon Z.

I liked that there were fewer new Pokemon, as most of them were quality choices and I have been having a hard time choosing which Pokemon to use. I found that between the old and the new there is plenty of choice and you certainly can craft a unique team. The only people it hurts are those who insist on playing through with new Pokemon only.

It's a relief that there wasn't a lot. I think this is a fine number. We got a crapton of new Pokemon in gen V and I'm pretty happy with that and the 69 new ones they brought to us was great (and it made me realize how there are just way too many and you really can't "catch them all" when they keep increasing the amount!). I can't expect a whole team to cram out hundreds of new pokemon for each new generation for me. That's just selfish IMO. Be grateful they put new Pokemon at all. :)

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

I actually didn't truly think about how little new Pokemon got released until now! XD I mean, I did notice that there weren't that many new Pokemon, but didn't think to much of it.

To be honest, I don't really care that there is only 69 new Pokemon that were released. At least there are some new Pokemon, right?

Plus, Sylveon counts as, like, 30 more Pokemon so that equals it out lol.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

learn it live it love it venusboi79's Avatar

As a collector/dex'er, I'm disappointed in the lack of new Pokemon. I was expecting at least 100 new Pokemon.However, I do feel that the ones we did get were pretty good. Outside of using Squirtle for a few battles, I've only using Kalos Pokemon for the main story, and I've enjoyed it.

Not gonna lie, I'm still upset that we didn't get a larger number of Pokemon in XY. It's a big part of why I still play, 15 years in. But I'm glad that we got a bunch of good new options this time around.
    8ther likes this.

Follow bluestarfish on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by cityvillain View Post
    I thought I saw an image of a tweet from Masuda answering about the fans' cry about the few new Pokemons this generation.
    He said something like there'll be more or something.
    If the picture you're talking about is the one I'm thinking about, it's a fake. Other than the fact that it was in English, going back to the time stamp of that tweet will show that no tweet of the sort was ever made by Masuda, not in English anyway.

That said I have been suspicious that something is hidden from us for a while now, and all the weird little bits in the games aren't helping that suspicion at all. (although people have pointed out that gamefreak has been known to troll on that front so who knows).
    venusboi79 and The_Doctor like this.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast