Version Exclusives Discussion - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Version Exclusives Discussion

Feudal Articuno Man TheHydreigonator's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Version Exclusives Discussion

I'm gonna do all of them:
    Old mons:
    Weedle line vs. Caterpie line: Weedle, definitely. Why have a pretty butterfly when you can have a badass wasp? +1 Black

Shroomish line vs. Paras line: Shroomish. IT HAS POISON HEAL. +1 Black

Misdreavus vs Murkrow: Hard choice, but I choose Murkrow, since I had a Honchkorw on my Diamond team. +1 Black

Houndoom vs. Mightyena: Houndoom. Helhounds > plain wolf-hyena things. +1 Black

Pusle vs. Minun: completely neutral. +0 both

Volbeat vs. Illuminise: also completely neutral. +0 both

New mons:
    Churine line vs. Monmen line: Churine. The final evolution actually looks kind of pretty, at least to me. +1 White

Yuniran line vs. Gothimu line: Yuniran. Gothimu creeps me out. +1 White

Washibon line vs. Baruchai line: Baruchai. Wargle is cool and all, but this is the first time we've had actual vultures. +1 Black

Tornelos vs. Voltolos: Tornelos. It's pure Flying! (Though my favorite of that trio is Landlos.) +1 Black

Reshiram vs. Zekrom: Zekrom. I'm really glad we finally have a Fire/Dragon, but Electric/Dragon is even cooler. Plus, it just looks better. +1 White

Features:
    More Triple Battles vs. more Rotation Battles: Triple Battles. Rotation Battles sound a bit too complex for me. +1 White

Iris vs. Shaga: Iris. Where the heck is Shaga's mouth? Plus Iris is cute, in a little girl kind of way. +1 White

Black City vs. White Forest: No contest. White Forest you can get the items for free (though in more limited amounts) but the real clincher is that you can actually catch the Pokemon in White Forest. +1 White

And the grand total is...

Black 6, White 6

...Oh crap.

I guess I'll have White as may main version, since that's what I originally planned to do, and it fits into the "pattern" I've developed over the years playing these games.
    Plus, White Forest should be worth multiple points due to all the exclusive Pokemon.
    Yes, I am coming out of the closet as a Brony. Problem, manly men?
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic34657_1.gif

Check out the TVTropes Fanon Pokedex project! (especially the articles written by Umbramatic, which is most definitely not my alternate username ;) )
    Also, my recently-resurrected fanfic. And something N fans would love to read.

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

I like the white exclusives more, and White Forest tips the balance even more towards White.

Stumped Turtwig A's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

White's exclusives are more for me because Rankurusu and Zekrom seem more awesome to me than their Black counterparts.

(20:56:57) Luxis: All y'all are a bunch of Silly heads.
    RIP Giruja. Why must you have been fake?

(17:58:01) daytwon: why am i watchin ot turtwig
    (17:58:03) ±Dratini: daytwon was muted by Heather Star for 30 minutes! [Reason: inappropriate] [Channel: Trivia]

[15:26] Synthesis: he ain't godkilled
    [15:27] Ebail: Zam was Syn
    [15:27] Synthesis: it was an agreed sacrifice to the gods

Getting both versions, but I prefer White more, primarily because of the Souryuu City music. xD Plus I intend to play the country bumpkin over the city girl, so... yeah. =.=
    Last edited by Ryuutakeshi; 10th January 2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: link removed
    World o' Meters | URPG Stats
    Decided to return for a bit. Hello all~!

I've already decided White wins out in my book. The White Forest was just icing on the cake seeing that I can catch extra pokemon and I always like filling out my pokedex.

The most important was which legendary I want. Although Reshiram is more astically pleasing Zekrom has the same amount of weaknesses but is resistant to one more type. And you know Zekrom's not so bad to look at. And anyway I'm fond of electric-types.

That's why Voltos also wins as well. Also because I'm silly, Voltos is blue and that's my fav color.

Its a tie between Wargle and Barujiina. Although Wargle is cooler to look at, I'm kinda sick of the whole Normal/Flying typing.

Sadly I do prefer Gothiruselle over Ranculus but I can live with it. I'm sure someone won't mind trading me one for a Ranculus.

Its also a tie between Erufuun and Doredia because althogh Erufuun is super cute, Doredia is still very pretty so I can definitely live with a Doredia.

I'd like to get both but I do have more of a soft spot for White version because I like White forest because it seems to have slightly more perks and I really want to get a shiny Doredia <3 Though I do like Erufuun too...

Zekrom FTW.

I'd want to be able to experience Black City as well...so I'm definitely going to get both.

I think Gothitelle, Reshiram and Mandibuzz look totally suitable for girls so I'm playing Black, 'cos my brother wants White (he likes Zekrom better than Reshiram).

White is better for boys in terms of version exclusives being more suitable for male players (Braviary is male only, Basculin is blue-colored, Zekrom looks more blokey, Bianca's name references White, Hilda/Touko was once referred to as "Whitlea", coming from white)

Black is better for girls in terms of version exclusives being more suitable for female players (Mandibuzz is female only, Basculin is red-colored, Reshiram looks more girly, Cheren's names references Black, Hilbert/Touya was once referred to as "Blair", coming from black)

Well, I have both versions (in sacrifice of only eating one meal a day for a good while), but I'll do this anyway;

Lilligant > Whimsicott. quiver dance, petal dance, own tempo ftw.

Ranucleus > Gothiselle. Ranucleus has a cool design & it's high HP suits my battle style :3 Gothiselle just creeps me out. I love the middle forms of both families though!

Braviary > Mandibuzz. epic eagle is epic. Can't really get an idea of how I would begin to even use Mandibuzz, plus, I much way prefer Honchkrow.

Tornelos > Voltolos. first pure flying type ftw.

Reshiram > Zekrom. prefer Reshiram's design more & first fire type not weak to water.

Rotation Battles >/= Triple Battles. Haven't done a triple battle yet but I'm in love with rotation battles so far.

Black City > White Forest. I much prefer the city to a forest & I wanna battle strong trainers more now that battles are faster paced & have animated sprites.

Iris > Shaga. Chocololi <333

4 to 4. if I had to choose one though, I'd choose black because I like the color more than white (which is what I would've did back in '98 with RB; choosing Blue > Red cuz I like the color more). Actually version exclusives never affected my decisions of any generation since I'll inevitably get both versions, so I always go with the color/metal/gem I like more.
    claims: Surfing Pikachu, Color Change, Pidgeotto, Johanna (<3)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123