Version Exclusives Discussion - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Version Exclusives Discussion

Default Re: Version Exclusives Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Shoji View Post
    One thing that has to be said: With the Unova Pokédex Exclusives, you can see all of them in-game EXCEPT for in White, where you cannot see the Vultures. In Black, due to Cynthia, you can see Wargle though...
    True about the vultures except for one thing. Where do you see both Tornelos and voltolos in the same game?

I know you can see one by encountering it and of course thus allowing you to capture but the opposite one I seem to not be able to work out where to find it's data at all ingame. I can't help feeling I overlooked something.

However on topic I like wargles design a little better than Baruchai but I really like baruchai aswell for other reasons.XP

I don't really care about the other exclusives much.

My name is Daffy Duck, I worked on a Merry-Go-Round, The job was swell,
    I did quite well,Till the Merry-go-round broke down.
    (Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo-hoo!)

Puzzle & Dragons Addict Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PikaMinccino View Post
    True about the vultures except for one thing. Where do you see both Tornelos and voltolos in the same game?
    *forgot about Tornelos and Voltolos*

Blog Entries

Barujina vs Wargle
    At first I liked Wargle because it looked awesome, but now Barujina has grown on me. Plus Barujina is a dark/ flying types instead of a normal/ flying type.

Gochizeru vs Rankurusu
    I like Rankurusu more that Gochizeru. Rankurusu looks much cooler because its a blob.

Doreida vs Erufuun
    I like Doreida better than Erfuun but I guess I'm going to like Erufuun more now. I'm going to get both of them in game so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Reshiram vs Zekrom
    Tied. Both are cool and have unique typings.

Tornelos vs Voltolos
    Tornelos has a better typing. Voltolos looks cooler, but its a recolor of Tornelos. I'll go for Tornelos.

Black City vs White Forest
    White Forest because you can catch pokemon. But if all goes perfectly my plan will have worked and I will have two DS's an not need White Forest because I will Pokeshift.

Shaga vs Iris
    Shaga looks more like a Gym leader.

Blog Entries

I'll only list the ones I care about, the pokes i don't list I'm even on.

Zekrom vs Reshiram

When I first saw the two, I liked Zek more. However, knowing the abilities and the typing now (and Resh's shiny form!) I have decided that Resh is the better dragon.

Vulture vs Eagle

I loved wargle as soon as it came out, and was bummed when it was on white. However, the normal/flying type is a letdown, as well as the lv 50+ evolution requirement. Because of that, I've decided to train a cool vulture for the battle subway instead of using wargle in-game

Shaga vs Iris

Iris is a little girl, Shaga is a bearded scary man. I want to battle the beard!

Black city vs White forest

Black city is so much more useful for training these pokes with high level evo's, since I can migrate their babies from HG and Plat.

That's all the version differences that matter to me. I might put both versions on my Bday wishlist though, since they are pretty different this time around.
    My Black Team

Here's a picture of all the exclusives sorted out by game.

Blog Entries

I'd have to say that the version exlusives for these games prior to the Elite 4 is unsatisfactory. I remember Ruby/Sapphire had alot and it was cool when my twin brother and I traded the version exclusives. I may be totally off. Maybe it's just the Pokemon that were selected to be version exclusives??
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    dashi ni poome angigo shipeun na
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어
    gogaesookyeosseo ipeul maka beoryeosseo

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    ajikaningabwa itji mothaettnabwa
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    naemami neol gaseumi neol nohji mothaettnabwa
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    geuriweosseottnabwa japgo shipeottnabwa
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐
    geunaleui neol saranghan neol bonaelsuga eopseottnabwa

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

They did a reboot. They couldn't afford to have too many version exclusives.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    They did a reboot. They couldn't afford to have too many version exclusives.
    I'm not quite sure how the games being a reboot affects the number of version exclusives.. Mind explaing?
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    dashi ni poome angigo shipeun na
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어
    gogaesookyeosseo ipeul maka beoryeosseo

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    ajikaningabwa itji mothaettnabwa
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    naemami neol gaseumi neol nohji mothaettnabwa
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    geuriweosseottnabwa japgo shipeottnabwa
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐
    geunaleui neol saranghan neol bonaelsuga eopseottnabwa

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

There were only 156 pokemon in the game prior to the E4 and . Several of them were legends. They couldn't afford to make a lot of new pokemon version exclusive. Also, you may notice that some pokemon are not fully version exclusive, but are a hell of a lot easier to get in a particular version. Like Dageki and Nageki.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Thanks very much, Lazyboy0337! D: Makes it easier to decide now! Here I go.

Reshiram VS Zekrom
    Zekrom wins for me! His design is much cooler over the fluffy Reshiram. Where Reshiram has cuteness (at least to me), Zekrom has badass-ness.

Erufuun VS Doreidia
    Doreidia is adorable as hell! x3 Shame I can't let her drop a bridget on someone. :/ Erufuun is cute, too, but not all "moe"ish like Doreidia. Now if this were Monmen VS Churine on the other hand...

Ranculus VS Gothiruzelle
    Goth-loli all the way! And thank god I can have my future Gothiruzelle drop a bridget on people. He'll be Zelda, the goth-loli who is a boy that kicks ass in a pretty dress! One day, I'll stomp out that stupid way of thinking, that pretty and dresses won't always equal female!

Wargle VS Vuljina
    American eagle for the win! He's so fucking awesome. You're not a true American if you don't like Wargle! -bricked by people who don't live in the US and/or don't like Wargle-

Tornelos vs Voltolos
    Why can't anyone see the three kami as I do? I don't see recolors, I see three brothers. Or triplets. Of course there'd be some resemblance. But I can't expect people to use their brain and think for a second, can I? No, it is instant "omg they look alike game freak is getting lazy sob" and other stupid things like that. Yeesh.
    ...the pure-flying type for me. Awesome!

That's about it for me. I'm getting White version, and my sister Black, so I can just get a Gothiruzelle from her. Which is good, since she prefers Ranculus anyway. So yeah, my preferences and so on.

Blog Entries
    Follow Ziggy Stardust On Twitter

Doreida/Elphoon: Own Tempo Doredia with Petal Dance. Nuff said.

Ranculus/Gothiruselle: The gothic thing has better balanced stats and a slightly better movepool, but Ranculus's higher HP compensates its lower defenses and it has an awesome Sp.Atk stat. Also, Gothiruselle is too moe for me.

Wargle/Vuljeena: Wargle is awesome.

Voltros/Torneros: I prefer Torneros just because of the novelty of a pure-Flying.

Zekrom/Reshiram: I have no fav between them. Also I'm way more interested by Kyurem and the third GenV game.

Black City/White Forest: At first I prefered Black City because of the shop (black market? XD), but then I realized that I didn't need to buy the items obtainable in this. On the other hand, the post-E4 game is extensive enough to face Team Plasma with an incomplete team, and the second E4 challenge is the real one (after the final battle against N you don't become a true champion), so I prefer White Forest to catch some exclusive Pokémon.
    Please enjoy this culturally, ethnically, religiously and politically correct signature responsibly. Thank you.

(original idea)

Blog Entries

I decided that for me, White is my preferred one over Black. While this is a preference by instinct, there are some benefits for this to my liking:

• The Ranculus line is one of the main reasons. Not only does he/she look cute, he/she also fall under the Indeterminate Egg Group, which is my favourite group. Did I mention he/she has Magic Guard?
    • I like the idea of Triple Battles, which I will definitely want to play in action. Choosing three actions a turn is quite a delight.
    • The eagles being in this version is a plus.
    • I would have preferred the legendaries from the other version, but I will take what I can get.
    • Iris being in White is a plus.
    • I like Ghost Pokemon, so it's a great thing Mismagius is at last available this version! Breloom is a plus, as well.

Thanks for reading.
    “Breathe not the sins of others so long as thou art thyself a sinner. Shouldst thou transgress this command, accursed wouldst thou be, and to this I bear witness.”

Bonus article: Normal-type Reviews: Introduction (23/03/2015)

MegaEvolutionMegaProfesr! League's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Red G View Post
    I'll only list the ones I care about, the pokes i don't list I'm even on.

Zekrom vs Reshiram

When I first saw the two, I liked Zek more. However, knowing the abilities and the typing now (and Resh's shiny form!) I have decided that Resh is the better dragon.
    Such is how I feel about Reshiram and Zekrom after learning their abilities also: Dragon/Fire and TurboBlaze is what does it for me. Still, I'm getting Black. It's hard to soft reset anyway (so I understand) for the main legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red G View Post
    Vulture vs Eagle

I loved wargle as soon as it came out, and was bummed when it was on white. However, the normal/flying type is a letdown, as well as the lv 50+ evolution requirement. Because of that, I've decided to train a cool vulture for the battle subway instead of using wargle in-game
    I don't view Normal/Flying as a letdown, even though, when Wargle was revealed, I wanted it to be a king over every other bird (Electric/Flying or Steel/Flying being what I had in mind). Dark resists Ghost, whereas Normal is immune; Dark has the immunity to Psychic, and resists Dark, whereas Flying makes nil the Bug weakness (whereas Wargles still resists Bug). Dark is a considerably better type on the offensive side only I say, because some pokemon are actually weak to the type.

Egg moves are mostly what set Barujiina apart from Wargle. I do appreciate the ease with which I can get a top notch Wargle though--I only have to catch it.
    Last edited by League; 4th January 2011 at 09:30 PM.
    Dedicated "RingOfEndlessDerpShipping " shipper!

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied (I've been everywhere, man!), legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career... well, that's it. I plan on writing stories though. And oh! I play games (maker of this fun one).

And I take hoedowns seriously. (And oh, pachiba, WHERE ARE YOU!?!?)

I'm sort of torn between the version exclusive Pokemon on Black and White. I'm very pleased that Reshiram is found in Black, along with Gothimu and its evolved forms, since those are some of my favorite Pokemon in Generation 5. However, I'm disappointed that we have Monmen in the same game. I really prefer Churine, but I won't be able to find those in the wild in Black: I'll only be able to trade for one. I've also never seen the appeal in Baruchai and Barujiina, so I'm also disappointed about those being in Black. I'd get White instead, but I've already played that version in Japanese, and I'd like to try Black version in English.

god! Breloom is on Black while Gardevoir is on White OMG! Can afford to buy both

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast