Vaporeon stats and move pool

Thread: Vaporeon stats and move pool

Visit vapes's Youtube Channel

Default Vaporeon stats and move pool

Hello.
    So, as my profile pic and name suggests, Vaporeon is my favorite Pokemon. I've been using one ever since Generation 1 and I've loved it ever since. Now as competitive battling has started, I have been kind of obsessed with EV's and IV's. So now I have White 2, and I got a Vaporeon. I decided to EV train it (I've done this in the past in Heartgold with other Pokes), and try different combinations. People say it's a good wall, but I don't really see how. I tried a Calm Vaporeon giving it 252 HP EV's, 162 SP Def EV's, 52 SP Atk EV's, 24 Def EV's, and 20 Speed EV's. Now my IV's aren't perfect but they're close. My problem is that while this Vaporeon is a special wall, it's physical defense is lacking, and has trouble with outrages or wild charges, etc. I have acid armor on it, but since it gets outsped by so many Pokes, it doesn't always work. Now I have heard that a Bold Vaporeon is good, but then that would leave the SP Def to be lower, making it go down quicker to Special attacks. I'm unsure of how exactly the EV spread and nature of a good Vaporeon should be. I went on smogon, but I don't really like the ones they offered.

With Water Absorb!

Default Re: Vaporeon stats and move pool

Vaporeon's strength is not in it's Speed but rather it's HP. Using Vaporeon means expecting it to get hit on it's first turn. But Vaporeon has a strong ability to recover from damage.

Vaporeon doesn't need any EVs in Atk. You won't be (or shouldn't be) doing many Physical Attacks with her.
    As far as EVs go, you shouldn't spread them any Further then 3 stats (4 if you want to balance your Def and SDef a little.)

Other then that, Vaporeon has a lot of Room in which to customize it. It all depends on your Strategy in using it.
    You just have to accept that it's won't be perfect against any opponent. Eventually, you'll run into something that it'll be at a disadvantage to.
    Then you have to learn when to time your switches.

Default Re: Vaporeon stats and move pool

In Vaporeon's case, its movepool and use of ability is more important.
    In rain, you can try a Hydration-Rest combo. This is really good because weather is crucial in the current metagame. Vaporeon can also act as a good phazer and induce status through Scald.
    Also, do not attempt to make Vaporeon into a balanced (both physical and special) wall. Try another dedicated physical wall like Ferrothorn.