Unsolved Mysteries in X/Y... - Page 21

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Unsolved Mysteries in X/Y...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Unsolved Mysteries in X/Y...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravioko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugglefox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WouldYouKindly View Post
    Well, I don't have any theories for what things like the ghost girl and the hinted new regions could be, but I do have a theory for how they might explain it.

Unlike the DS, the 3DS supports downloadable content, correct? I believe that instead of an updated rerelease this gen, they are going to continue the story through DLC, adding new quests with Emma and possibly this new mystery region. The ending text of the Looker sidequest supports this, saying that the adventures of you and Emma are just beginning. Why would they say this if they weren't planning on continuing the story with your X/Y character?
    Maybe they'll do a third version and then release the extra content from it as DLC for X and Y.
    I really hope that's the case, because (assuming the third version is Zygarde based, and I prefer Xerneas out of the new 3) I don't want to get a new game for the improvements only. Like, Platinum had a bit more of a story to me, and I like the costume a lot more, so when it came time to buy a new game after I lost my copy of Pearl, I went with Platinum. I don't know what they could improve - maybe the ability to turn off the roller blades, not a big fan of those, or the ability to go hatless - but I'd love the ability to just add the improvements onto my copy of X.
    You can turn off the roller blades with the D-Pad.

I really want Move Tutors to come back and I hope they add them as DLC to X and Y, because in the past I would think it's unfair on the people who only buy the first pair that everyone else has that major advantage over them.

Proud claimer of Sylveon, She is a sneaky Magician who
    loves to pounce out of nowhere and Nuzzle me!
    ♡♥♡5 Signatures! Only 499,995 to go!♡♥♡
    US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

Easily wears comfy shorts Ravioko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ravioko's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ravioko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WouldYouKindly View Post
    Well, I don't have any theories for what things like the ghost girl and the hinted new regions could be, but I do have a theory for how they might explain it.

Unlike the DS, the 3DS supports downloadable content, correct? I believe that instead of an updated rerelease this gen, they are going to continue the story through DLC, adding new quests with Emma and possibly this new mystery region. The ending text of the Looker sidequest supports this, saying that the adventures of you and Emma are just beginning. Why would they say this if they weren't planning on continuing the story with your X/Y character?
    Maybe they'll do a third version and then release the extra content from it as DLC for X and Y.
    I really hope that's the case, because (assuming the third version is Zygarde based, and I prefer Xerneas out of the new 3) I don't want to get a new game for the improvements only. Like, Platinum had a bit more of a story to me, and I like the costume a lot more, so when it came time to buy a new game after I lost my copy of Pearl, I went with Platinum. I don't know what they could improve - maybe the ability to turn off the roller blades, not a big fan of those, or the ability to go hatless - but I'd love the ability to just add the improvements onto my copy of X.
    You can turn off the roller blades with the D-Pad.

I really want Move Tutors to come back and I hope they add them as DLC to X and Y, because in the past I would think it's unfair on the people who only buy the first pair that everyone else has that major advantage over them.
    I know you can, but I mean take them off all together. I liked walking the way you do with the D-Pad, but with the circle pad, like at the beginning of the game.

The friend code and name on my trainer card is for my Nintendo 3DS, and should be used for communications via Pokemon X and Y

Nintendo ID - AmphiGamer

Afterwords – Pokémon X & Y - Features - www.GameInformer.com

Notice how the guy avoids answering why AZ is so tall.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Junichi Masuda
    AZ used a machine to bring his beloved Pokémon back to life. By doing so, he gave his Pokémon eternal life, and he was also affected by this. Part of that was him turning into a giant and still living even after 3,000 years have passed.
    The Outrage and Leggo like this.

US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post

Do you mean what caused him to be so tall or why was his character written to become so tall because the former is definitely answered and maybe a bit of the latter as well.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

Default Pokemon X and Y Mysteries

Hey everyone. I'm pretty much done playing through Pokemon Y and I stumbled on a few things along the way (and have since researched more online) that I feel are worthy of speculation. It turns out there are several things in the game that don't make any sense or hint at something bigger to come. So I was wondering if anyone has any concrete answers on what any of this means.

Backpacker in the Hotel - Strange Souvenir
    There's a backpacker in the hotels (different hotel each day) who talks about another region. If you talk to him enough he reveals that this is a new region and one that we haven't seen before. He then gives you a Strange Souvenir. Is this hinting at a new game, a new region within this game, or something else completely bizarre? Anyone got any ideas on this?

Tipping
    Is tipping literally just about shiny encounters, does anyone have any proof or research on this?

Hidden Message at Lumiose City Train Station
    in Lumiose City on back of the train timetable that's furthest away from the entrance. There's a secret message written there that reads: "I'm going to go for help. Wait in the usual place." Any ideas what this is about? Theres a kid nearby saying it should be someplace around here, but that's it really. There's also a second set of tracks for no reason.

Locked power plant doors
    In the Lumiose Badlands there are two doors for the power plant that are locked and don't even open when you have the key. What do we suppose they are for? Event pokemon?

Ghost Girl in Lumiose
    If you go into the building next to the Galette stand in North Lumiose and use the elevator to the second floor a ghost girl appears and says that you're not 'The One'. What? Then on the fourth floor of Hotel Richissime there's a girl staring at the wall who says 'Don't talk to me ... If you do, I won't hear the elevator'

The story in the haunted house
    If you go to the haunted house a man tells you a story about 'a horde of faceless men'. This seemed like more than just a throwaway story.

Juane Plaza tourists
    These two tourists speak about wild pokemon appearing in the Plaza, even a Heatran. But there's nowhere they'd appear to be and no way to encounter wild pokemon

The Chamber of Emptiness
    Right now it's all but empty.. Will it stay like that?

Sycamore's Note on the bench
    A note on a bench in the train station appears to be from Sycamore saying 'What are you like now, Did you become who you wanted to be'. Is this just a nice touch in the game or something more?

Lumiose Press
    "i'll be away to pursue the Mythical Pokemon First, i'll go deep into the mountains" is what's written by the owner. Where are the mountains, what mythical pokemon? Will we ever know?

From all of the above it seems that X and Y have several unsolved and unresolved things that hint at possible downloadable content, new pokemon, new legendaries and even a completely new region. So with some time passing since the game's release does anyone have any insight on any of the above?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Mysteries

Already a thread of this type right here
    Personal Youtube: TerraTF

Follow my Pokemon Y Nuzlocke here

Shinies are just a palette swap. If its not bred well, don't use it.

Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Mysteries

Sigh. Thankyou.

All of this hurts my head.
    Last edited by Shiny Celebi; 2nd March 2014 at 12:02 PM.

Pokémon Truth Tea Pourer BlackButterfree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow BlackButterfree On Twitter Add BlackButterfree on Facebook Add BlackButterfree on MySpace
    Follow BlackButterfree on Tumblr Visit BlackButterfree's Youtube Channel

Most of this thread is so confusing... We better hope that Z/W/X2/Y2/whatever we get solves all of these mysteries. And maybe the Strange Souvenir is from a spin-off region? Manaphy debuted in Pokémon Ranger. Maybe we're getting a few new Pokémon in the next spin-off game?
    My dream is that every single Pokémon will be part of either a two-stage evolution, a three-stage evolution or a branched evolution by the final Generation years from now. When I see a stand-alone Pokémon, I literally imagine it standing alone. No friends, no family, no one. So let's make sure all of our Pokémon friends get some big families!

Is that Mewtwo the same Mewtwo from Red and Blue?

''Memento Mori''

Quote Originally Posted by TheInShaneOne View Post
    Is that Mewtwo the same Mewtwo from Red and Blue?
    Whilst we'll never get an actual answer, their are arguments for both. GF probably just thought, "we'll add Mewtwo into XY!" without thinking of a reason to explain his existence in Kalos.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HRRlion View Post
    Whilst we'll never get an actual answer, their are arguments for both.
    I wouldn't say that there is an argument in favor of the creation of a second Mewtwo. Something like that should be alluded to, and it certainly wasn't in XY. There is nothing that could explain who would create a second Mewtwo, but it isn't hard to imagine that the original Mewtwo migrated to another region just as several other legendaries have been shown to do.

GF probably just thought, "we'll add Mewtwo into XY!" without thinking of a reason to explain his existence in Kalos.
    Agreed. Even the Kalos legendaries are pretty much just there to be caught.
    Last edited by Silktree; 6th March 2014 at 08:49 AM.

Blog Entries

The legendary birds in Sinnoh and Kalos weren't the same ones that Red fought I think.
    I'm pretty sure the Kanto legendaries absence in GSC was due to them already being caught by Red but they added them in HGSS just to add content and make Mewtwo available. (The birds can be explained as offspring of Red's birds and Kyogre/Groudon might be explained as the one that Brendan/May didn't catch, but in my opinion the gen 1 and 3 legendaries in HGSS are non canon.)
    I'd say it's a different Mewtwo like in the latest movie and maybe we will find out about it later.

US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

This sort of thing always falls down when trading comes into the equation and a player ends up with an entire team of Dialga or whatever. My take on it is that legendary Pokemon are extremely rare and powerful, but not unique or truly possessing the godlike powers some legends suggest they have. There are hundreds of Rayquaza and Giratina and so on out there, the player of each game just gets to see only one.

Mewtwo's a bit tougher in that regard since it was created, but perhaps it somehow spawned others like it between what it did on Cinnabar Island and its retreat to Cerulean Cave. Perhaps that Mew spawned more than one.

Blog Entries

Just a thought, has anyone tried bringing Banette and or Shuppet to the chamber of emptiness? Or all three Kanto Birds to the place where they're caught?

US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast