Underwater Ruins deciphered - Page 5
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Underwater Ruins deciphered

Default Re: Underwater Ruins deciphered

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne of Ice View Post
    Yeah You're right, I read that wrong. I still find the theory that kyurem might be the King a little unlikely owing to the fact that the description of the king and the legends surrounding Kyurem to be in conflict.
    Actually, the legend about the Giant Hole is the only case to date where the validity of the story has been questioned. While the residents of Kagome Town are afraid of the possibility that there may be a monster out there, they say that they don't really believe the story.

Black and White don't reveal anything about Kyurem. The only question is whether or not the third version will deviate from its predecessors to the extent of focusing on the ruins despite their current obscurity. Game Freak didn't do the Ruins of Alph justice in either Crystal or HGSS, but at least some questions were addressed. What the Underwater Ruins have in their favor is the fact that they probably only pertain to Isshu, whereas the Ruins of Alph are connected to various sites across the Pokémon world, if not other dimensions.

I remember these ruins. I went in there, but I was confused on what to do. I kept wandering around, and I found a couple weird items (that I couldn't sell) and then I heard shaking noises. At first I thought I would encounter a Legendary or something, but then the place collapsed. I still don't get what was going on in there.

US Pokemon League forever

Do those random sentences mean anything???

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I feel that this cryptic message is foreshadowing an event in the third version where the history between the three dragons will be revealed. But I still wonder that, if Kyurem was really a King, then wouldn't that make it the trio master?

Blog Entries
    Follow Ziggy Stardust On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    the ruins are far older than N. So no, N isn't the king in question.
    What about the text on ruins being a "prophecy" and not a "tale"?

I think "the king" could be either N or the player. Maybe the final battle against N is what decides who'll be the king.

Quote Originally Posted by Sennen_Goroshi View Post
    What about the text on ruins being a "prophecy" and not a "tale"?

I think "the king" could be either N or the player. Maybe the final battle against N is what decides who'll be the king.
    That theory has been brought up before. It isn't supported by the fact that the king is said to have defeated one of the two beings by himself, which neither the player nor N does in the main story.

Blog Entries
    Follow Ziggy Stardust On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    That theory has been brought up before. It isn't supported by the fact that the king is said to have defeated one of the two beings by himself, which neither the player nor N does in the main story.
    Legends can't be taken so literal...

It's impossible, said pride. It's risky, said experience. OU suspect, yelled Smogon.

Join Team Aqua, we have hot girls
    I bet you didn't notice the guy behind

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sennen_Goroshi View Post
    Legends can't be taken so literal...
    That's what people say when something doesn't fit their explanation. Yeah, legends can't be taken so literal, nor can you make up a meaning for it that didn't exist previously.

Hi, I just registered to post on this alone because I found it really interesting. I will talk about the parts I want to talk about after an extract.

Listen to King's words.
    Primes lead to truth.
    King is brave.
    King never loses hope.
    King is kind.
    King has a dream.
    King is adventurous.
    King accepts all.
    King turns 2nd corner.
    King turns 3rd corner.
    King turns 5th corner.
    King turns 7th corner.
    Have the heart of King.
    Here we praise King.
    King's light shines.
    King moves his people.
    King acts with love.
    King fought hatred.
    No king gets lost.
    Go on, brave king.

The only part I would like to talk about on this first section is that it seems to talk about the king's actions, some of them reflecting N's actions in the games. For example '[The] King Acts with love' referring to his care towards pokemon and '[the] king fought hatred' which may refer to what he thought the humans mistreating pokemon out of hatred as in the games he didn't understand why humans mistreated pokemon in this way. In fact N was a confused person full stop throughout the games.

Life is gratitude.
    Eating is receiving life.
    Good or evil isn't all.
    Do not be barbaric.
    One must not waste.
    All is precious.
    Wars create tears.

Here it seems to be referring to a conflict of some sort possibly between the two sons.

King talks to all beings.
    Saved all from waves.
    King is hope for all.
    Think act with love.

This most intriguing thing here is that it talk about talking to all beings. I don't think anyone has mentioned this but N does talk to pokemon so this may be referring to himself (which doesn't make much such as the ruins are ancient) or an ancestor (which seems more plausible). The rest of this seems to be referring to saving pokemon (just like N) as a hero so is history repeating itself? As we know this was Ghetis' plan just to gain control of pokemon but more importantly it is implied possibly that this is infact N's father even though it is not confirmed so there may be a family thread to this myth/history.

King defeated ③ alone.
    ④ joined King in a day.
    King called ⑤ beings.
    King is hope and future.
    The great King ⑥.

This just seems to be describing events.

Well there is my input. My main goal was just introduce the idea that N does talk to pokemon so family ties there may be the key.

One last thing. Some are referring to pokemon being the 'king' maybe the king is the person but it owned a pokemnon that acted as a friend (like N and reshiram) or possibly a protector.

if you enter the ruins from the bottom the corner mystery becomes clear its how to get to the center pillar within the step limit.
    so the king reference is the main character not N or Kyurem
    Last edited by magesticus; 16th March 2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: addition

In Pokemon Black, the description for Kyurem is "It generates a powerful, freezing energy inside itself, but its body became frozen when the energy leaked out." If you take away the ice, it's all grey, leading to the theory that it's the balance between Reshiram and Zekrom, maybe a weaker clone of their original form of one pokemon.
    Last edited by agiorgio; 17th March 2011 at 03:45 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm thinking that the texts describe the seperation of Reshiram and Zekrom from "Zeshirom", or perhaps Kyurem. I also looked at the phrase "The Great King ⑥", and went to the National Pokédex to test a theory. I found out that number 646 in the Ndex is, you guessed it, Kyurem.
    EDIT: I just tested a later theory, and 643 is Reshiram, 644 is Zekrom, and 645 is Landlos. The first three mentioned are the YinYang trio, and the last is the master of the Genie trio. I wonder if they're all just coincidences, or they're intended.

King talks to all beings.
    Saved all from waves.
    King is hope for all.
    Think act with love.

In my opinion, "[The King] Saved all from waves" means that the Abyssal Ruins used to be above ground, and possibly used to be part of Undella Town. But then, there was a great flood that sank the Temple. However, the King rescued all from the waves.
    They also say "King is hope for all". Unlike the rest of the texts, this is talking in the present tense, not the past tense. This means that the King himself might be part of Pokémon Grey.

Is it just me, or does that crown at the fourth floorlook a lot like an older version of the crown used at the Coronation Ceremony at the title screen?

P.S. Things have been known to have different meanings in different languages. Can somebody translate the texts into different languages? Don't use Goole Translate, it doesn't use grammar, so when you translate it back, it comes out exactly the same.
    Last edited by Pawsrent; 18th March 2011 at 12:09 PM.

Couldn't the king by the guy who was allied with the combined Zerkrom/Reshiram? The text says

King has a dream.
    King is adventurous.
    King accepts all.

That fulfills the idealistic and truth seeking portions required for commanding the Zerkrom/Reshiram. This also makes sense because he is said to be the one who created peace in the region. And in

King defeated ③ alone.
    ④ joined King in a day.
    King called ⑤ beings.
    King is hope and future.
    The great King ⑥.

Could ③ be Kyurem (who, base on types, is the anti-dragon dragon), which gained the trust of ④ the Zerkrom/Reshiram who joined him that day. He called ⑤ beings, the three fighting types? The last line though

King is hope and future.
    The great King ⑥.

He is hope and future. Does that mean he affects the future or that he will be seen in the future? So i think that ⑥ would be lives.

Another theory, although a stretch, is that the king could be Ash. This would't be the first phropsey he was in, and lets face it, he has beaten more legendary pokemon alone, than he has trainers with pokemon. and pikachu did join ash in a day. and he did beat that sperrow alone...

Just a question as well, does anyone know why we are starting at 3 when we are using ③④⑤⑥?

I'm thinking that the texts describe the seperation of Reshiram and Zekrom from "Zeshirom", or perhaps Kyurem. I also looked at the phrase "The Great King ⑥", and went to the National Pokédex to test a theory. I found out that number 646 in the Ndex is, you guessed it, Kyurem.
    Because the text was originally cuneiform don't know how you would find that it needs to start at 3.
    Last edited by Megaveemon; 19th March 2011 at 12:40 PM.

Evidently, he couldn't save them all from waves in the end...

Am I the only one who is reminded of Martin Luther King?

Also, I wonder if the part where primes lead to truth says ideals instead in another version.
    Last edited by TorchicBlaziken; 19th March 2011 at 03:44 PM.

what is the key code to the cuniform i dont see it

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast