Underwater Ruins deciphered - Page 2
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Underwater Ruins deciphered

Default Re: Underwater Ruins deciphered

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    This king sounds a lot like N to me
    Seeing as N is assumedly descended from him, that'd make a lot of sense.

Blog Entries

Unfortunatately, I don't think N becoming king and almost starting yet another war (on either Technology or Nature) would be considered something so beneficial as the king described in the runes.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

"King talks to all beings.

Hmmm. Able to talk to humans and Pokemon? Meloetta? *shrug* Meloetta does seem to represent communication.

Saved all from waves"

This made me think of sound waves if Meloetta is actually what it talks about there then the notes in its hair could represent sound and maybe Meloetta caused people to just be content and kinda stop doing anything productive witch could also be why it gained step form; so she wouldn't do that anymore.

P.S. yeah its out there but i think the book im reading is why i thought about the content with their lives being how they are thing. and sorry for any misspellings or grammar issues.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

the ruins were above water once. The waves are probably literal.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

That waves line... maybe whoever lived there then relocated to the Ancient Castle on the king's order? The maze down there is confusing enough that it could easily be expanded for a third version.

A whole load of Hoopa Hyperion09's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Hyperion09 On Twitter
    Follow Hyperion09 on Tumblr Visit Hyperion09's Youtube Channel

Is it possible that the Ruins are a tomb?

LiveJournal | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingdomkid
    I thought air was free but they sell them in plastic bags and comes with a hand full of chips!!

Blog Entries

I think the first set of numbers are directions to get somewhere. It mentions turning at specific corners.
    Banner By Genbeeb

Quote Originally Posted by Venator
    This is entirely my own thoughts and something that may seem radical but maybe Game Freak decided the "storyline" of the two brothers was truly a legend and the cuneiform from the temple is the actual history?
    I did entertain this idea at first, but then I realized that the two stories aren't contradictory. Think of the twin heroes as the founding fathers of Isshu; does that mean that the combined entity of Reshiram and Zekrom couldn't have lived there previously? Reshiram and Zekrom did destroy Isshu when the sons of the twin heroes were at war. Even though the idea might seem a little convoluted, it is certainly feasible that said war wasn't the first time the two Dragons had changed (in this case by becoming divided) as well as transformed the entire region.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmonklv
    I think the first set of numbers are directions to get somewhere. It mentions turning at specific corners.
    You'd think that these would be directions to get to the upper floors of the ruins, but I don't see how that is the case; the corners aren't numbered in any obvious way.

We should try to keep the discussion practical by focusing our attention on the Ancient Crown. Unlike with the other precious items, the person who offers to buy the crown actually recommends that the player keep the item and find a more noble use for it than monetary gain. Where were Game Freak going with this? After what happened with the Lock Capsule, I think it is safe to assume that the Ancient Crown will find a use in the third version, but unfortunately, it may not be worth the hype.

As I said at start, I think that this will all lead to Kyurem and its true form. Black and White focused a lot more on N than on Reshiram and Zekrom, to the point where it would be somewhat excessive if the most mysterious character in Isshu - the legendary king - turned out to be N's predecessor. I personally find the idea of Game Freak emphasizing extraordinary human abilities to be a little odd at this point in the series, so even though we're supposed to assume that the king was a person, I suspect that this is a trick.

I didn't read anything about the king having extraordinary abilities in those inscriptions. It seems to just be generic praise for his actions, with maybe a little bit of metaphor thrown in. Defeating Reshiram or Zekrom alone, while pretty impressive, wouldn't be undoable: There are plenty of stories in the real world about heroes slaying dragons with only their strength and their wits, so it's not impossible that a similar event could take place in the Pokemon World (perhaps in that rarely mentioned time before humans battled with Pokemon the way they do today).

I do agree that the third version might go into more detail about these glyphs, but I don't think Kyurem's original form was humanlike. In fact, I think Kyurem might be like what Reshiram and Zekrom were before they were split (and if a new form is revealed, it'll make this clearer).

Quote Originally Posted by AndyPKMN View Post
    Defeating Reshiram or Zekrom alone, while pretty impressive, wouldn't be undoable: There are plenty of stories in the real world about heroes slaying dragons with only their strength and their wits, so it's not impossible that a similar event could take place in the Pokemon World (perhaps in that rarely mentioned time before humans battled with Pokemon the way they do today).
    I can't see that. The idea of a human defeating a legendary Pokémon completely by himself is jarring given the scope of the series. Regardless of whether or not the king had special powers, why would he be superior to either Reshiram or Zekrom? Remember that Game Freak made a point of having N befriend his legendary partner as opposed to defeating it. As for the player, they obviously had to rely on their own Pokémon; that was the point of the plot.

I do agree that the third version might go into more detail about these glyphs, but I don't think Kyurem's original form was humanlike. In fact, I think Kyurem might be like what Reshiram and Zekrom were before they were split (and if a new form is revealed, it'll make this clearer).
    What I'm getting at is that the king wasn't necessarily humanlike. But if your assumption is that the combined entity of Reshiram and Zekrom was a black-and-white dragon, where would Kyurem fall in that? It would be redundant if all three came from the same Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I can't see that. The idea of a human defeating a legendary Pokémon completely by himself is jarring given the scope of the series. Regardless of whether or not the king had special powers, why would he be superior to either Reshiram or Zekrom? Remember that Game Freak made a point of having N befriend his legendary partner as opposed to defeating it. As for the player, they obviously had to rely on their own Pokémon; that was the point of the plot.
    All I'm saying is that it wouldn't be inconceivable for the King to have done that on his own. Then again, who knows what it means by "on his own"? Perhaps he used Pokemon, but his people didn't include them when retelling his exploits. Perhaps he weakened it first, like Susano did with Yamata_no_Orochi (Yes, I know he's kind of a god himself, but you get the point). N chose to befriend his legendary partner BECAUSE he needed its power to drive humans and Pokemon apart; besides, he later tried to defeat your own legendary, bringing his story back into balance with the ancient king's. As to why his plan's didn't quite match the king's, what's written in the Underwater Ruins is a history, not a prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    What I'm getting at is that the king wasn't necessarily humanlike. But if your assumption is that the combined entity of Reshiram and Zekrom was a black-and-white dragon, where would Kyurem fall in that? It would be redundant if all three came from the same Pokémon.
    No, what I'm saying is that Reshiram and Zekrom were one Pokemon (Grey) which was split into two (black/white). Kyurem in this sense is just another of that original species, perhaps even spawned (from a meteor, if Kagome Town's legends are correct) as a result of the void left by the now-divided Reshiram and Zekrom.

Blog Entries

Visit The Miniryu's Youtube Channel

were are these ruins? i'm gettin a theory.

EDIT: Um, i think my theory just got denied. has anybody been think about the items you find there?
    The wind howls...The rain pours...A figure appears in the darkness...The Minryu approaches..............

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would have expected to see some sort of discussion about the ancient text in the ruins somewhere in the English-speaking community, but apparently that sort of thing isn't very interesting. In the Japanese community, on the other hand, the text was deciphered no more than a week after the games' release. I've known about this for some time, myself.
    Should have shared sooner since I've been waiting a long time for this >:

We should try to keep the discussion practical by focusing our attention on the Ancient Crown. Unlike with the other precious items, the person who offers to buy the crown actually recommends that the player keep the item and find a more noble use for it than monetary gain. Where were Game Freak going with this?Where were Game Freak going with this? After what happened with the Lock Capsule, I think it is safe to assume that the Ancient Crown will find a use in the third version, but unfortunately, it may not be worth the hype.
    So are you actually unable to sell it?
    Last edited by The Outrage; 10th November 2010 at 09:24 PM.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

apparentlly

for big bucks too

Blog Entries

@Silktree The corners may be left unmarked for a reason. Maybe if someone followed the intructions, we would get to the heart of the kingdom?

Also, perhaps the third version will explain why the ruins were underwater. Or the Giant Hole. Or something.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast