Underwater Ruins deciphered - Page 19

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Underwater Ruins deciphered

Blog Entries

Default Re: Underwater Ruins deciphered

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion09 View Post
    The translated messages in the English version are exactly as what's already written on the 'pedia. Seems TPCi has a love affair with the word "literal"...

Redactions with exact number of circles (White 2 English):
    King defeated ●●●●● alone
    ●●●●● joined King in a day
    King called ●●●●● beings
    King is hope and future
    The great King ●●●●●●●●
    I don't know what to make of the number of circles; five letters is too short to be any of the Unova legendaries. But the fact that the translators didn't bother to alter the original version makes me doubt their thoroughness. Eight letters is long enough for 'Harmonia', but that is not even a first name.

Huh, hard to believe it's been nearly two years since this thread was made... Where did the time go?

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I don't know what to make of the number of circles; five letters is too short to be any of the Unova legendaries. But the fact that the translators didn't bother to alter the original version makes me doubt their thoroughness. Eight letters is long enough for 'Harmonia', but that is not even a first name.
    Perhaps Harmonia really was the king's name, but Ghetsis appropriated it as a last name for himself and N to signify their eventual rulership over Unova...? IIRC, the number of characters for "Harmonia" does match the five blanked out ones from the Japanese version.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    Perhaps Harmonia really was the king's name, but Ghetsis appropriated it as a last name for himself and N to signify their eventual rulership over Unova...? IIRC, the number of characters for "Harmonia" does match the five blanked out ones from the Japanese version.
    Yes, 'Harmonia' is five characters long in Japanese. But isn't it too feminine for a first name? This is a non-issue compared to the other blanked out names, anyway. Zinzolin does imply that the king has a descendant with similar powers (the ability to talk to all creatures and read the future), and N supposedly fits the bill (although I'd argue that we haven't seen proof of those powers).

Is it possible that the Abyssal Ruins are actually unrelated to Unova? Did they get moved? Zinzolin implies a relation to Unova since he states that the missing names may be inferred from the context, but that's a questionable statement. The version-dependence of the special characters was the main argument for Reshiram and Zekrom being involved, but that evidence doesn't present itself in B2W2.
    Last edited by Silktree; 27th October 2012 at 02:50 AM.

Okay so 3 could mean Reshiram, Zekrom, & Kyurem.
    4 could mean the four swords of justice (Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, & Keldeo: Referring to the movie: Kyurem V.S. The Sword of Justice)
    The 5: ???
    And the king is most likely N

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819