Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Underwater Ruins deciphered

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Underwater Ruins deciphered

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion09 View Post
    lolnecroposting

There was a snippet Serebii posted some days ago which was overlooked in the rush of "ZOMG ABILITIES TUTORS" and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    18:28; If you speak to Zinzolin in Undella Town after being in the Abyssal Ruins, he will give you Ghetsis books which automatically deciphers the text for you
    Has anyone translated this deciphered text? Does it approximately match up with "King is..." etc.?
    Being as the one who told him about it, I have translated the different bits.
    And the Vio text:

Blog Entries

Basically, there really was a king in the ancient past who interacted with Reshiram/Zekrom (the use of four letters rules out the other legendaries - even Black and White Kyurem). Not only that, but Unova was already a nation at the time, as evidenced by the following quote:

The one who stopped the war of the nation and united it was the being that's called "king", right? A king that could see the future and speak to any and all living creatures united the people... if this is true, they're truly a hero!
    The king had to have existed before the twin heroes, in light of the following quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by Drayden
    Because the two of them were once the same entity, their battle raged endlessly and neither one could be declared the winner. They simply exhausted themselves. The twin heroes proclaimed that there was no one side that was right and ceased the conflict.
    This means that the twin heroes themselves put a stop to the war. Neither one defeated the other; the king could not have been involved here.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris
    But, but... The two heroes' sons started the battle again! And an instant later, Reshiram and Zekrom destroyed Unova with fire and lightning! Then, they disappeared!
    In this case Reshiram and Zekrom stopped the war by ruining Unova, so obviously this is not the king's story, either. After that point, the dragons had essentially been dead until N and Hilbert/Hilda revived them. The conclusion is that the king could have only existed before the twin heroes, which means that the original dragon had split itself (and re-fused) at least once before the twin heroes came along.

Unova's history is unnecessarily complicated. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that anyone else (aside from Zinzolin) alludes to the Abyssal Ruins. It is also confusing that the inscription apparently references Reshiram and Zekrom only; we don't have evidence that the king made the two dragons fuse with Kyurem. Furthermore, why did the original dragon split itself to begin with? Did Unova use to be a different nation? How was it destroyed? Obviously, the king did save the land from a tsunami, so how did his grave (the Abyssal Ruins) sink into the sea?

That single Dragon Pokémon, along with twin heroes, brought a new region into being. And people and Pokémon had happy lives!
    That is obviously an exaggeration. But to what extent?
    Last edited by Silktree; 29th June 2012 at 12:59 PM.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

If you understand the king, release here light.
    Reminds me of the text in one of the Regi Caves:

"Those who inherit our will shine in middle"

Ofcourse, you had to use Flash there...
    Owain likes this.

Of course, you had to use Flash there...
    So that's on the 2nd floor, where you have to use flash. Then the other quote,
    If you understand the king, show the same power as the king.
    was on the third floor, where you used strength.

Professor Lavender toodlesdoodles's Avatar
    Add toodlesdoodles on Facebook

Wow! This is so mind-blowing! I literally just read ALL 18 pages! Kuyrem obviously has a big role that wasn't mentioned in BW, I knew that from the get go. But now there are two Kuyrems? How does Kuyrem split? Perhaps Reshiram and Zekrom were one dragon like it's said, and Kuyrem was a separate dragon all together? Perhaps the king defeated Kuyrem, and that's when the "original" dragon (Reshiram/Zekrom) joined him; and Kuyrem has been waiting to fight them, but knows that they're split, if it fuses with one of them, it'll take on some of their powers and perhaps be able to defeat the other dragon? I know this is far-fetched, I don't even know if I think this really ^_^;
    "It's not enough to just train a Pokemon, but the true master comes from the heart and your relationship with your Pokemon."

Sorry ahead of time for this potential Necro-Bump. I just find this topic interesting, and really don't think it would be needed to make a completely new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Basically, there really was a king in the ancient past who interacted with Reshiram/Zekrom (the use of four letters rules out the other legendaries - even Black and White Kyurem). Not only that, but Unova was already a nation at the time, as evidenced by the following quote:

The one who stopped the war of the nation and united it was the being that's called "king", right? A king that could see the future and speak to any and all living creatures united the people... if this is true, they're truly a hero!
    The king had to have existed before the twin heroes, in light of the following quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by Drayden
    Because the two of them were once the same entity, their battle raged endlessly and neither one could be declared the winner. They simply exhausted themselves. The twin heroes proclaimed that there was no one side that was right and ceased the conflict.
    This means that the twin heroes themselves put a stop to the war. Neither one defeated the other; the king could not have been involved here.

But, but... The two heroes' sons started the battle again! And an instant later, Reshiram and Zekrom destroyed Unova with fire and lightning! Then, they disappeared!
    In this case Reshiram and Zekrom stopped the war by ruining Unova, so obviously this is not the king's story, either. After that point, the dragons had essentially been dead until N and Hilbert/Hilda revived them. The conclusion is that the king could have only existed before the twin heroes, which means that the original dragon had split itself (and re-fused) at least once before the twin heroes came along.

Unova's history is unnecessarily complicated. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that anyone else (aside from Zinzolin) alludes to the Abyssal Ruins. It is also confusing that the inscription apparently references Reshiram and Zekrom only; we don't have evidence that the king made the two dragons fuse with Kyurem. Furthermore, why did the original dragon split itself to begin with? Did Unova use to be a different nation? How was it destroyed? Obviously, the king did save the land from a tsunami, so how did his grave (the Abyssal Ruins) sink into the sea?

That single Dragon Pokémon, along with twin heroes, brought a new region into being. And people and Pokémon had happy lives!
    That is obviously an exaggeration. But to what extent?
    (Commenting on the red text in quote.) Unless either A: If Black Kyurem/White Kyurem did exist in the past, it is possible that they had completely different names. Or, B: They are different names for the original Dragon, who could switch between a Black, White, and Gray Forme, which had names similar to how White/Black Kyurem does. If the original Dragon did have multiple Formes, it would help explain how Kyurem has it's Formes, and if the different Formes also had different personalities, like the White and Black formes having a different half of the Gray forme's personality (if the current Kyurem is running purely on instinct) or all three having completely separate ones (if the current Kyurem isn't running on instinct), it would explain how the original Dragon could split in the first place. I don't think the current Kyurem is acting mostly on instinct, as if it did help the "King" bring about peace, it wouldn't have supposedly eaten people, unless it immediately prioritized it's own safety and restoration over the lives of other beings.

Quote Originally Posted by toodlesdoodles View Post
    Wow! This is so mind-blowing! I literally just read ALL 18 pages! Kuyrem obviously has a big role that wasn't mentioned in BW, I knew that from the get go. But now there are two Kuyrems? How does Kuyrem split? Perhaps Reshiram and Zekrom were one dragon like it's said, and Kuyrem was a separate dragon all together? Perhaps the king defeated Kuyrem, and that's when the "original" dragon (Reshiram/Zekrom) joined him; and Kuyrem has been waiting to fight them, but knows that they're split, if it fuses with one of them, it'll take on some of their powers and perhaps be able to defeat the other dragon? I know this is far-fetched, I don't even know if I think this really ^_^;
    There is only one Kyurem, unless you count Zekrom and Reshiram as part of it, if they were at one time a single being. It is unknown as to HOW the original dragon split, but it is known WHY. That is a possibility.

I think of Kyurem as being like the Nobodies from the Kingdom Hearts series, as they are created when someone loses their Heart (their emotions, not their literal Heart) if their will is strong enough, their body and soul will continue on as a Nobody. If their will is immensely strong they will retain their human form. The stronger their will the more humanoid they look. However, Kyurem acts more like a Heartless, which is what the lost Heart becomes, as they act more wild and animal-like, while Nobodies think with higher intelligence. One interesting point is...

Spoilers if you haven't played KH Dream Drop Distance:

>>> ... over time, a Nobody would essentially grow or "cultivate" a new Heart. Whether or not Kyurem could restore itself WITHOUT absorbing either Zekrom or Reshiram will mostly never be seen... maybe... <<<

End Spoilers

Again, I'm sorry for the potential Necro-Bump. I don't know how long a thread has to be inactive for it to be a necro-bump, as sites can and usually do have completely different numbers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nothinglord View Post
    Unless either A: If Black Kyurem/White Kyurem did exist in the past, it is possible that they had completely different names.
    Possible? Yes, but why would Game Freak confuse us like that? They used four letters for a reason. If the Kyurem Formes used to have separate names, why have they been forgotten?

If the original Dragon did have multiple Formes, it would help explain how Kyurem has it's Formes, and if the different Formes also had different personalities, like the White and Black formes having a different half of the Gray forme's personality (if the current Kyurem is running purely on instinct) or all three having completely separate ones (if the current Kyurem isn't running on instinct), it would explain how the original Dragon could split in the first place.
    Technically, Black and White Kyurem are fusions; only we fans refer to them as Formes by force of habit. Kyurem needs to fuse with Zekrom to become Black Kyurem, and it needs Reshiram to become White Kyurem. I see no reason to think that the Original Dragon had several forms; the legend stipulates that it should just be one single fusion of the Tao trio.
    Last edited by Silktree; 7th October 2012 at 01:11 AM.

Forbidden Forest Ranger Cosmic Gerbil's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Cosmic Gerbil on Facebook

An Abbysal Ruins thread :D I have been fascinated with them since I found them and I really believe that there has to be more to them than just getting a few treasures.

I do hope that more about them (and Unova's past) will be revealed in B&W2. I long to learn the secrets behind them. These are some things I would like to know the answers to:

Who was the original king was and what happened to him?
    What exactly is the jet of water that blasts you out of the Ruins after 500 steps?
    Is there, or has there ever been a Legendary Pokemon there?
    Is there a connection between Abyssal Ruins, Relic Castle and Dragonspiral Tower? (I even measured them on the Unova map, to see if they made a right angled or isosceles triangle) xD

Absyssal Ruins, if you are not important in B&W2, I shall be very gutted :O
    Exit light
    Enter night
    Take my hand
    We're off to never never-land

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Gerbil View Post
    I do hope that more about them (and Unova's past) will be revealed in B&W2. I long to learn the secrets behind them. These are some things I would like to know the answers to:

Who was the original king was and what happened to him?
    What exactly is the jet of water that blasts you out of the Ruins after 500 steps?
    Is there, or has there ever been a Legendary Pokemon there?
    Is there a connection between Abyssal Ruins, Relic Castle and Dragonspiral Tower? (I even measured them on the Unova map, to see if they made a right angled or isosceles triangle) xD

Absyssal Ruins, if you are not important in B&W2, I shall be very gutted :O
    Um...sorry to burst your bubble, but they essentially ignore the Abyssal Ruins in B2/W2. There is a little sidequest for them post-game, but nothing new is revealed.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :( How could they? Abyssal Ruins are so badass! What a wasted opportunity >_<

Thanks for telling me though. That will save me playing B&W2 and being disappointed when nothing really happens.

I guess there is still fan fiction >:)
    Last edited by Cosmic Gerbil; 7th October 2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    Exit light
    Enter night
    Take my hand

Blog Entries

B2/W2 is one big collection of wasted opportunities. The Abyssal Ruins plot is just one of them.

Blog Entries

Oh blimey, is it that bad D: Should I still buy it? I really want it but a lot of that is cus I wanted the answers to all the mysterys in B&W. What will the detail of history in Unova, I thought B&W2 was setting up for a really great sequel.
    Exit light
    Enter night
    Take my hand

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Gerbil View Post
    Oh blimey, is it that bad D: Should I still buy it? I really want it but a lot of that is cus I wanted the answers to all the mysterys in B&W. What will the detail of history in Unova, I thought B&W2 was setting up for a really great sequel.
    Well, if you were looking forward to having B/W's mysteries solved, then you'll be sorely disappointed by B2/W2. B2/W2 doesn't really go into any more of Unova's history, aside from debunking the myths about Kyurem eating people. I consider the plot of B2/W2 to be two steps backwards compared to B/W, or even DPPT. Then again, the ending of B/W was originally meant to be open-ended, and these "sequels" were just going to be two third versions.

Blog Entries

Oh pants! Thanks for telling me though. I will wait and read some reviews on B&W2 on Amazon, before rushing out to buy it.

Now I can but hope that it's possible to get at least one of my fave Pokemon for my team early on. #Wants an Eevee starter :P
    Exit light
    Enter night
    Take my hand

A whole load of Hoopa Hyperion09's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Hyperion09 On Twitter
    Follow Hyperion09 on Tumblr Visit Hyperion09's Youtube Channel

The translated messages in the English version are exactly as what's already written on the 'pedia. Seems TPCi has a love affair with the word "literal"...

Redactions with exact number of circles (White 2 English):
    King defeated ●●●●● alone
    ●●●●● joined King in a day
    King called ●●●●● beings
    King is hope and future
    The great King ●●●●●●●●

LiveJournal | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingdomkid
    I thought air was free but they sell them in plastic bags and comes with a hand full of chips!!

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast