Underground stuff

Thread: Underground stuff

Where a large electronic talking Charmander looks at me from beside the computer...

Default Underground stuff

1. You get Mining gear in the first gym town, allowing you to go underground pretty much anywhere.
    2. You have to save before going underground, and local wireless is always active
    3. On the top screen there's a map, with gold dots near dig sites
    4. Tapping the bottom screen gives a radar pulse revealing dig spots near you.
    5. Dig spots on the ground just give a trap item when inspected.
    6. Dig spots on walls bring up the digging mini-game
    7. You get a hammer and a trowel and have to uncover as much stuff as possible before you destabilise the wall with your digging.
    8. The hammer uncovers a greater area but destabilises the wall more with each hit.
    9. Excavatable items:
    10. Ruby
    11. Sapphire
    12. Emerald
    13. Diamond
    14. Pearl
    15. Shards
    16. Plates
    17. Your version's fossil
    18. Heart Scales
    19. Additionally there are seams of invincible rock which do nothing but mess up your digging
    20. The gems are used as currency to trade with randomly located hikers who sell/buy dolls and traps.
    21. Your fossil can be given to a man in a museum in the first gym town who revives it for you.
    22. There are an unlimited number of fossils per game. The fossil is also a hold item if you wanted to trade it instead of the revived Pokémon for some reason.

No idea how to make a Secret Base yet though. I think it might be one of the ridiculously expensive options from the Hikers. He wants 90 Diamond and I currently have 15.

I KNEW the First Gym Leader's town would have something to do with the Mining mini-game.

I think im going to enjoy the underground thing, i <3 bases and secretish areas

Crud, wait, does that mean you need WiFi to go underground? But what if I can't get WiFi? D=

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

no, you don't need wifi. It just keeps the link up/DS search mode on while you play.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Where exactly is the guy who gives you the mining equipment? Figure it'll save me time to ask rather than searching around. ^^;;
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

If you're reading this site, then you can get Wi-Fi. That's why they came out with that little adapter thingy to plug into your PC if you don't have wireless already at home.

And there's also McDonald's...and any local wireless hotspots that may be nearby...

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude
    3DS: 3050 7720 3499 -- 3DS #2: 2036 8216 4990

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    Where exactly is the guy who gives you the mining equipment? Figure it'll save me time to ask rather than searching around. ^^;;
    I think its the miner in the home near the entrance of the mines. I can't remember. Its good to talk to a lot of people in that town anyways because I remember getting some good stuff like my first dark ball and heart ball. (and dark balls are pretty expensive too, about 200 less than an ultra ball)

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

I talked to pretty much everyone in the town, and got squat.

I wonder if perhaps you need to use the WiFi connection before it'll let you get the gear...
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Where a large electronic talking Charmander looks at me from beside the computer...

It's the house to the left of the Center in the second gym town. I was remembering incorrectly. Sorry. Also, talking to him later on yields a secret base-making object.