under-rated pokemon vs over-rated pokemon

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By the_robot

Thread: under-rated pokemon vs over-rated pokemon

Registered User The REAL Gary oak's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default under-rated pokemon vs over-rated pokemon

what pokemon do u all believe is considered under-rated vs over-rated ? I'll start. Under rated would definately be magikarp just cuz no one believes in him, but it takes a magikarp to get a garydos. Over rated would be pikachu. Sure the show is all about ash and pikachu, but statwise? Pikachus a joke. When it holds its lightclay ( I believe dats what its called), its decent but not recommended no matter what television tells u.
    Last edited by The REAL Gary oak; 9th July 2013 at 05:04 PM.

Default Re: under-rated pokemon vs over-rated pokemon

Medicham is definitely the most underrated Pokémon of all time. After the attack boost from Pure Power Medicham's Attack stat is only outclassed by Deoxys-A. Combined with a STAB Hi-Jump Kick, it can easily OHKO almost anything that doesn't resist it
    Codface likes this.

overrated would have to be smeargle, sure it can have a lock on, OHKO move combo combo but there are three important factors that make it overrated, 1. the combo is banned in most official/established tournaments and what other reason would you want the combo, because it takes the fun out of your gameplay otherwise, 2. OHKO moves are hard to find, let alone find an opponent who has one and have your smeargle use sketch on it, unless of course a friend is happy to let you become an OP laserlight by battling you with thier own OHKO move pokemon, 3. stat wise smeargle is HORRIBLE, beating our heavily underrated magikarp by only 50 points total! , but then again magikarp becomes an awesome sea serpent masterpiece, when smeargle only ever becomes a sketch slave. Don't get me wrong i have nothing against smeargle, the idea is amazing, i just think that the OHKO move combo is a little overrated.

Blog Entries

I think Omastar is underrated because you have it's other fossil cousins that are more notable, same with Cradily. Omastar is actually a really great Pokemon when you use him, because it gets Shell Smash and a base Special Attack stat of 115 and a base Defense stat of 125. And for the most overrated Pokemon, I'm surprised Charizard hasn't been mentioned. I play on Pokemon Showdown and I see it in OU and Ubers, and I talked to five people who didn't like Pokemon what they're favorite Pokemon was. They were all Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by The REAL Gary oak View Post
    what pokemon do u all believe is considered under-rated vs over-rated ? I'll start. Under rated would definately be magikarp just cuz no one believes in him, but it takes a magikarp to get a garydos. Over rated would be pikachu. Sure the show is all about ash and pikachu, but statwise? Pikachus a joke. When it holds its lightclay ( I believe dats what its called), its decent but not recommended no matter what television tells u.
    Just so you know, Pikachu's item is the Light Ball. And yes, Magikarp is underrated.
    Last edited by Shiny Celebi; 13th July 2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: adding second post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jdog1020 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The REAL Gary oak View Post
    Just so you know, Pikachu's item is the Light Ball. And yes, Magikarp is underrated.
    YEP THE MOST UNDERRATED IS MAGIKARP after i i beat all of lance pokemon in Crystal back in the day with a level 100 one.