NEWS: Two new moves discovered in the game's RAM dump - related to Zygarde?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Two new moves discovered in the game's RAM dump - related to Zygarde?

Zeb
    vital spirit. Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Default Two new moves discovered in the game's RAM dump - related to Zygarde?

Thousand Waves: Ground, Base Power 90, 100 Accuracy, Physical Attack. The user attacks with a wave that crawls along the ground. Those hit can't flee from battle.

Thousand Arrows: Ground, Base Power 90, 100 Accuracy, Physical Attack. This move also hits opposing Pokémon that are in the air. Those Pokémon are knocked down to the ground.

Something to note: Land's Wrath is also a Ground type physical attack with 90 base power. Could these be the signature moves of Zygarde's form (or forms)? Seems pretty likely to me.

The effects of the moves do sound like they will be really good moves too (except their names are a bit... strange).

Thousand Arrows - AttackDex - Serebii.net
    Thousand Waves - AttackDex - Serebii.net

Last edited by Zeb; 21st April 2014 at 05:45 AM.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Two new moves discovered in the game's RAM dump - related to Zygarde?

Seems like they could possibly be moves for Zygarde, perhaps for the third Kalos game( or released on an event Zygarde later)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Two new moves discovered in the game's RAM dump - related to Zygarde?

Thousand Arrows: Ground, Base Power 90, 100 Accuracy, Physical Attack. This move also hits opposing Pokémon that are in the air. Those Pokémon are knocked down to the ground.

So a ground-type move that can hit flying-types? Or just pokemon with Levitate or holding an Air Balloon?
    Phoenixon likes this.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

Zeb
    vital spirit. Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    Seems like they could possibly be moves for Zygarde, perhaps for the third Kalos game( or released on an event Zygarde later)
    Didn't think about an event Zygarde; that might end up being the case. I do think they are most definitely related to Zygarde.

Quote Originally Posted by Norzan View Post

So a ground-type move that can hit flying-types? Or just pokemon with Levitate or holding an Air Balloon?
    Sounds like it hits all of Flying, Levitators and Balloon holders. Basically a Ground type attack with no immunities.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

Yeah Zygarde may have just found its way into the Uber tier. Cool find @Zeb
    Phoenixon likes this.
    Personal Youtube: TerraTF

Follow my Pokemon Y Nuzlocke here

Shinies are just a palette swap. If its not bred well, don't use it.

Stupid character limit fo
    Blog Entries

A third event move has been discovered, called Hold Hands.
    No idea what it does, maybe a Splash Clone.
    It only works in doubles, and an ally is targeted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnybodyAgrees View Post
    A third event move has been discovered, called Hold Hands.
    No idea what it does, maybe a Splash Clone.
    It only works in doubles, and an ally is targeted.
    So its basically another Helping Hand

DCM
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TerraTF View Post
    why do you say this? At best, if Thousand Waves is a trapping move he may move up to OU, but his stats wouldn't really support that. Not sure thousand arrows would even be worth using.
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DCM View Post
    why do you say this? At best, if Thousand Waves is a trapping move he may move up to OU, but his stats wouldn't really support that. Not sure thousand arrows would even be worth using.
    Thousand Arrows would negate an entire types Immunity. People would carry Zygarde on their team just for the purpose of easily defeating an opponent's Talonflame, Charizard-Y, Pokemon with Levitate, or a Pokemon holding an Air Balloon.
    Hinokou, Phoenixon and Silverwynde like this.

DCM
    Blog Entries

Thousand Arrows would negate an entire types Immunity. People would carry Zygarde on their team just for the purpose of easily defeating an opponent's Talonflame, Charizard-Y, Pokemon with Levitate, or a Pokemon holding an Air Balloon.
    I imagine it would work more like mold breaker than completely canceling it, even after switching out.
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Blog Entries

I imagine it would work more like mold breaker than completely canceling it, even after switching out.
    Most like Smack Down, but broken.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

More than likely, Zygarde will be getting the Kyurem treatment and have new forms or Mega Evolutions and a stat increase to go along with them. Zygarde's current BST will most likely not be an issue.
    Phoenixon likes this.

DCM
    Blog Entries

I'm trying to think of who this would affect most. Rotom Wash, to a degree, Thundurus (both), Gengar and Ho-oh would affected, is there anything else significant I'm missing? I really don't see this as super game breaking.

hard to theorymon on new forms without knowing anything bout them, so I think talking about them really doesn't help.

W.W.

Follow zee_snippy On Twitter
    Visit zee_snippy's Youtube Channel

Definitely Pokémon Z version. If they make Pokémon X2Y2, I will suck my toy horse.

I'm trying to think of who this would affect most. Rotom Wash, to a degree, Thundurus (both), Gengar and Ho-oh would affected, is there anything else significant I'm missing? I really don't see this as super game breaking.

hard to theorymon on new forms without knowing anything bout them, so I think talking about them really doesn't help.
    Zapdos, Moltres, Crobat etc.
    Last edited by Shiny Celebi; 13th April 2014 at 11:27 PM.
    Silverwynde likes this.
    I heart Flygon

Blog Entries

I don't see how these games necessarily mean a third version over a sequel (or even something new)--simply suggests Zygarde (being the best candidate for these moves) is going to get a bit more relevance in a new game.

I'm going to assume that the strange names are related to whatever myth ties to the legendary that uses these moves.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast